Hot Piece of Meat

Never Moved On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 1: Hot Piece of Meat

 

WARNING: Language.

 

TWO YEARS LATER:

 

Donghae sighed as he stared at his phone's wallpaper; it was a picture of himself and his ex-girlfriend, still. It had been two years. Two long years since she left without giving him any reason. He knew that she was going through a crisis. Her family died, he knew that. What he did not understand was why she left. He could have helped her. Help her get through the pain; through all the psychological trauma of losing her family that he knew she was having.

 

At one point, he had thought that she was a coward for running away from everything. But, as he saw her face on pictures, the knot of anger came loose. He just could not hate her. Not now, not ever. Yeah, call him whipped or whatever, he could care less.

 

He closed his eyes as he placed a spoonful of rice into his mouth, chewing slowly. Then, he felt a soul in front of him. "Hae, you're still thinking about her?" His best friend since forever, Hyukjae or Eunhyuk as everyone called him, asked as he sat down on the bench opposite him.

 

Donghae kept quiet, nodding his head sadly, his eyes fixed on his plate of chicken rice. "Come on dude, you know she's not coming back. Cheer up alright buddy. There's still Eunhae!" Eunhyuk chuckled as he patted his friend on the shoulder. "Before her, I've never seen you so depressed and worked up over a girl. Lighten up!"

 

"Sup my man, how's it going?" Taecyeon, one of their close friends since high school, greeted as he plopped down beside Donghae with his back facing the table.

 

"Same-ole-same-ole," Donghae replied nonchalantly.

 

Taecyeon shrugged as his eyes glanced at his friend. Noticing the opened phone in his hands, his eyes darkened slightly. He could not believe he was still hung up over her. She broke up with him, how clueless can he be?

 

Shaking his head, Taecyeon asked, "Seriously Hae. Stop it!" He did not mean for that to come out harshly, but it did.

 

Donghae turned and stared at his friend with his dark brown eyes, trying to figure him out. "What do you mean?"

 

Taecyeon inclined his body to the side slightly so that he was facing Donghae. "You know what I mean. After all these years, you're still hung up over her. I mean, seriously dude, come on! She broke up with you and left you! It's so obvious that she does not love you. She never loved you, if you ask me. So, just forget about her and-" He did not get to finish his sentence as he felt a heavy blow on his friend. He groaned in pain as he grabbed his left eye.

 

"You don't know Yoona well, so shut the up! What do you know anyways?" Donghae hissed, his fists clenched as he stormed off.

 

"Much more than you, apparently," Taecyeon mumbled as he removed his hand from his now black eye.

 

"Dude! What the hell was that?! Why did you even say such a thing?" Eunhyuk asked, exasperately.

 

"He deserved it. He should know that she does not love him. Not anymore anyways. If she did, she wouldn't have left him. And besides, you'll never know if she's dating anyone now."

 

Eunhyuk shook his head, "You obviously don't know Yoona, Taecyeon. She loves Donghae from the moon to the back, you can just see the looks she gave him ever since pre-school. Yes, you heard me right. Pre-school."

 

"Like what you said, gave. Past tense," Taecyeon pointed out.

 

"I know Yoona since she was a baby! I was and definitely still am her best friend! I think I know her better than anyone, especially you okay," Eunhyuk was getting frustrated with this man opposite him. Who the hell did he think he was anyway? But he was still their best friend. No matter how annoying or frustrating he was, Eunhyuk still loves him.

 

"Well, people can change in two years. You'll never know," He replied in a matter-of-fact tone, shrugging his shoulders. "And since he's not coming back here, I'll do him a favour in finishing his chicken rice." Taecyeon grinned at the thought of having free food.

 

"You're a , you know that?" Eunhyuk rolled his eyes as he stood up. "I'm going to find Hae. Do not eat my food alright?"

 

"Yeah yeah, go on. Tell him I'm sorry okay? I was just frustrated that he's not, uh, you know, interested in any of the girls here. As a friend, I care about his love life. He's missing out alot, if you know what I mean," Taecyeon laughed with a mouthfull of rice that he accidentally spit out some.

 

"Don't talk with your mouth full dude. It's disgusting," Eunhyuk turned to leave but faced his friend again.

 

"I repeat. Do not eat my food, or I swear your eye will not be the only bruised part on your body. Get it?" Eunhyuk glared.

 

"Yeah, I heard you the first time. I promise Eun," Taecyeon smiled.

 

"You better," Eunhyuk muttered, and walked away. "Oh, by the way. Hae sure packed a punch," He shouted across to where he left Taecyeon.

 

"YAH! You better leave before I bash your face in too!" Taecyeon yelled back.

 

 

 

Donghae was in the gym, venting all his anger onto the poor old punching bag. "Stupid Taecyeon-" He growled as he punched the bag. "Don't know anything about-" PUNCH. "My stupid love life-" PUNCH. "How dare he say those-" PUNCH. "Stupid things about stupid Yoona." PUNCH, PUNCH.

 

"So Yoong's stupid now eh?" A familiar voice asked. He exhaled as he turned to face the doorway.

 

"Yes. No. I mean- Ugh. She's stupid for leaving okay! She has so many people who would there every step of the way, why the hell did she leave? She ripped my heart apart and I don't know why!" Donghae yelled, as he threw his punching gloves hard at the wall opposite him.

 

There was silence, except for his ragged and sharp breath, as Eunhyuk stared in sympathy. "Eun," Donghae whispered softly. It was so soft, it was almost inaudible. "Is it...me?"

 

"What?"

 

"Did she leave because I wasn't there the moment she found out? Or what Taecyeon said. Did she leave because..." Donghae gulped as he closed his eyes. "because she didn't love me anymore?" His voice was getting softer and softer as he did not want to believe it.

 

Eunhyuk sighed and walked towards Donghae, engulfing him in a comfortable hug. "No, Hae. I don't think that's the real reason. Knowing Yoona, I know it's not like that."

 

Donghae sighed.

 

"Hae, maybe you should try dating other girls. You don't have to forget Yoona. You can still love her, but try to date others. Taec and I don't want to see you suffer so much anymore. Try dating again, you'll never know what will happen."

 

"I don't know Eun."

 

"Aw come on, there's like a long list of girls wanting to go on a date with you. That's like every guy's dream. You're blessed with good looks and an awesome personality. Chicks dig that yo."

 

Donghae laughed. "Where the hell did you get that from? How-to-date-a-girl-pedia?"

 

Eunhyuk laughed and wrapped an arm over Donghae's shoulder. "Come on, let's go find you some ladies."

 

 

 

"How about that?" Eunhyuk pointed to the one with glasses.

 

"Nah, Yoona's better than her."

 

Eunhyuk frowned at him. "Dude,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter