Past

A Beautiful You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV

 

Husband? So, he doesn't know what is really my relation to Dad. I thought I just misheard him calling me Mrs Park.

Though his question is too blunt, I felt not offended. 

"If I would say I did not, will you believe in me?" I asked him.

He nodded. "I don't see any reason why you shall lie. After all, we should work as a team."

I just stare at him. His face is full of emotions.

He cough and scratch his chin. He is obviously nervous. I wonder why.

"Can we start now?"

I nodded then gave him the papers that I received from the court. He became serious and concentrate in reading. While looking at him, I can say that he is a handsome one. I silently sigh. What is happening to me. It's not the first time I saw a good looking guy.

"What is your relation to JiHe Sun?" he is talking about the actress and the behind of all this .

He suddenly lift his head and since I am looking at him, our eyes met. And my heart starts to beat fast. While he seems don't know how to react.

"She is my Dad's ex-wife."

He blink his eyes."Pardon?"

"My Dad. Sang Wok Park."

He really looked clueless.

"That old man didn't say anything to you?"

"Who?"

"Your boss."

"What is your relation to him?"

"He is Dad's friend."

He scratch again his chin. "Wait. I don't understand. Is Sang Wok Park is your father? Not your husband?"

"Yes."

He let out a big sigh. "What the hell is going on."

"I thought you knew. Your boss and I already talked about this."

He smirked. . He looked better in that smirk. "I guess you're right. He is already an old man. He never told me anything about this. Honestly, I just only knew today that I am going to handle your case."

Damn. What that old man is up to? Don't tell me...he... No. That's not possible.

I sigh. "Alright. I'll just deal with that old man on the next time I see him. To set things straight, Sang Wok Park is not my husband. He is my father. Well, not by blood but he adopted me when I was in highschool."

"But that's what all people knew about."

"Yes but didn't you noticed that he never confirm nor deny if some reporters will ask him about me? The media just presume that I am his wife . Maybe because I was out in public after he got divorced from that woman."

He stopped and maybe analyze everything. After a while, he smiled. I silently gasped. He looks like he is happy to know that I am not married. Or it's just that my assumption? What the hell is really going on with me.

He cleared his throat "I...I just wanted to ask you how you're coping."

"What do you mean?"

"Your father died and now you end up being his killer."

I stopped. Aside from Hyun Suk Ahjussi, he is the only one who asked me this. I can also sense the sincerity in his voice then I suddenly felt that he touch my whole being.

"I am fine."

He smiled again then became serious. "Let's get back to your case."

I nodded. He return himself in reading the papers.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter