Confusion

A Beautiful You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV

 

"Problem?" Jae's voice startled me.

I shake my head. He invited me to stay overnight at his house and before going to his place, he accompanied me when I went earlier at Ahjussi's office because I gave Seungri a day off and will just fetch me up tomorrow morning.

He chuckled. "You're lying."

"I'm not."

"You are."

I ignored him and just continue eating.

He sigh and thankfully, he did not say anything. Then we start to talk about how our lives went after being separated from each other.

After the day we saw each other again, this is the first chance that we both have free time. While I am busy dealing of my case, he is busy on his business.

Then my phone rings. My heart starts to pound so hard when I saw Jiyong's name and I don't have the intention in answering his call. I am still pissed off on him.

I just ignored his call and continue to eat. And it keeps on ringing but suddenly Jae get it.

I glare at him. "Give it back."

He looks on the screen then chuckled. "So I am right."

"On what?"

"That Attorney Kwon is the reason of your foul mood today."

"I don't understand what you're saying." Of course, I will not admit it.

He smirked. "Lousy liar."

"Whatever. Just give it back."

"No."

"Give it back." I used a dark tone.

He grinned. "It will not work and you know that I knew you very well despite the years we've been apart."

I tried to snatch it away from him but he is more flexible than I am.

"I'll give it back to you on one condition."

"What?"

"You will tell me what Attorney Kwon did to make you act like that."

"He has nothing to do with this."

He raised his eyebrow. "Oh really?"

Then my phone rings again. That jerk is really testing my patience. But my eyes widened because Jae answered the phone.

"Yes Attorney Kwon?" He looked at me then smiled mysteriously. "She is currently experiencing stomach upset." He stopped "No, that's not it. She is at the comfort room for almost an hour. You know, too much food..." I felt my face burned, that's embarassing! "Yeah, that's correct, Attorney. Arasso. Will tell her that you called. You're welcome." Then he gave back my phone.

"What did he said?"

He just shrug his shoulders.

"Jae!"

"Why will I tell you? You're ignoring him earlier."

"Kim Jaejoong!"

He laugh. "I didn't know that your this cruel."

"What?"

"You're purposely ignoring him while he is worried because you're not answering his call."

"Did he said that?"

"He didn't have to. That's obvious in his tone. Also, there's a panic in his voice when I said you having stomach upset. He thought that it had connection in your monthly period." He chuckled. I felt my face burned again.  "So, I am right again that he is not just an ordinary attorney to you. And I guess same goes with him, you're not just a client to him."

"What are you trying to say?"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter