Third Trial

A Beautiful You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV

 

"Nervous?" Jiyong asked me.

"No."

He chuckled. Anytime, the trial will start. We are just waiting for the judge.

I am not really nervous. I just feel calm. Even though I saw the again, the anger still there. However unlike before everytime I saw her, I wanted to be violent but now, I don't mind her anymore.

Definitely, I still don't forgive her but I wonder why I am feeling this way.

Maybe it's because of Jiyong's presence. He is calming my whole being.

Later on, the trial starts. Jiyong is standing while I seated on the witness stand.

"Your Honor and ladies and gentlemen of the jury, under the law, my client is presumed innocent until proven guilty." Seriousness is all over his face. "During today's trial, you will hear no real evidence against my client. You will come to know the truth that Miss Park was just framed up. Therefore my client is not guilty." He then looked at me. "Miss Park, tell us your real relationship with the victim."

That suprised me. Is it really okay for everyone to know about it?

Then Attorney Donghae Lee stand up. "Objection your Honor, this is not relevant to the case."

The judge looked at Jiyong.

"Your Honor, I believe it is." He is showing full of confidence.

"Overruled." The judge's response. "Miss Park, you can answer now."

I looked at the , her eyes are burning. It's like she is threatening me not to say anything.

Eyes of everyone are now on me. Waiting for me to speak.

I inhale deeply. "I am his daughter." Well I am legally adopted.

Murmurs are everywhere. Then all of a sudden, the stand up. "That's a lie! You are not his daughter! You killed him!"

I sigh. I really don't know why she is that mad at me. Ever since, she didn't want others to know my existence. There must be a reason behind it.

"Silence!" The judge keep on tapping his gavel while Attorney Lee is calming the .

She throw herself on a deep again.

I looked at Jiyong, he looks glad. It's like he already knew that it's going to happen. He planned it very well.

Suddenly, I wanted to kiss him. My face burned. . Not this time. Not in this place. I shake my head, focusing myself on what's happening around instead with my feelings.

Then he met my stare, I silently gasped. His eyes sparks in amusement. He looked at me as if he knew my current dilemma. Damn. It's embarassing.

When everyone calmed down, the trial resume.

"Miss Park, please tell us again why you are at the victim's place."

I wanted to roll my eyes, these question is so yesterday. His eyes is smiling, he knew what I wanted to do.

"He wanted us to talk." Wait, he was not able to tell what he wanted to say. Now I wonder what was that about. Maybe Ahjussi knew it. I made a mental note to ask him about it.

"About what?"

"I honestly had no idea."

He nodded. "That could be something." I agree. "According to your testimony, a certain guy was at the crime scene and he made you sleep." Jiyong continued.

Attorney Lee stand up again. "Objection your Honor, the defense is leading the suspect."

The judge looked to Jiyong.

"Your Honor, we are not. All my questions are very relevant to the case."

"Overruled."

Attorney Lee went back on sitting. He had this look that's like he wanted to leave this place. I guess the is giving him a headache.

"Miss Park, on the day you went to victim's place, did you noticed something unusual of him?"

I stopped. Yeah, there is. "He is somehow tensed."

"Did you asked him?"

"I was about to but some persons suddenly barge in."

"Persons. Meaning, more than one."

I nodded then Attorney Lee stand once more.

"Objection your Honor, the defense is deliberately leading the suspect."

"Overruled. I wanted to hear the suspect's response."

I gulped. "It's Miss JiHe Sun and a guy."

The reacted violently again. "How dare you!"

"Silence!" The judge authoritative voice echoed in the room.

Attorney Lee forced the to keep quiet but still, her eyes is firing at me. If that kind of stare is deadly, I might be dead by now.

"Objection your Honor, the defense does not have any evidence that will prove my client is there."

Jiyong smirked. "We do."

I stopped. Really? Oh my God. I wanted to embrace Jiyong right now. I looked at Attorney Lee's face, it's emotionless but the paled face is clearly visible.

The judge nodded. "Show us."

Jiyong open the court room's door and there is Seungri with another man. I gasped when I realized who it is.

It is the guy who made me sleep!

"And who he is?" The judge asked Jiyong.

"Your Honor, he is Kim Jihoon. Our witness." He looked at me. "Miss Park, you can return to your seat."

I nodded then that guy replaced me. My chest is pounding hard. How did Jiyong find these guy? I looked back where Seungri seated, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter