Second Trial

A Beautiful You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV

 

I inhale deeply. Trial will start soon and I hope it will end soon too. I really can't stand to be in the same room with that woman. I am itched to be violent.

"Are you alright?" Jiyong said.

"Yeah."

He smiled. A smile that can sooth my feelings.

Then I looked at him. "There is something new in you, Attorney."

He looked at himself then grinned. "Am I more handsome?"

I rolled my eyes. "Conceited." But that's the truth. He really is.

He chuckled then touch his 'uniform'. "Chaerin pick this."

"It suits you. Chaerin is managing a dress and tailor shop right?"

He nodded, I can see that he is proud of her. I wonder how it feels to be in a complete family.

I silently sigh. Self-pitying will not help me.

After a while, the trial starts. After the and her attorney doing their talk, it's Jiyong's turn with the . 

When he smiled at the , I suddenly wanted to stop him from doing that. Oh darn. What the hell.

"According to your testimony, you were at a coffee shop before the crime happened."

She nodded. I chuckled when tears falls down on her cheeks. She is really an actress.

"Am I saying it correctly?"

"Yes." she even wipe her tears. 

"And the name of the coffee shop is Mystical Cafeteria. A one street away from the house of victim."

"Yes."

"May we know why you are there?"

Suddenly, Attorney Lee stand up. "Objection your Honor. The defense side ---"

He did not finish what he was about to say because the judge wave his hand. "Overruled."

Jiyong smiled and bow his head. He looked back at the . "May we now know the answer?"

She blew her nose. "Sang Wok and I had a m-misunderstanding a day before he was killed." Her eyes became uneasy. "I planned to talk to him and I passed by at that coffee shop. So I decided to have a drink first."

A spark formed on his eyes. He just nodded then he did some hand gesture at our back and suddenly, the half-lights are out and a projector flash on the wall.

He looked at the judge. "Your Honor, as you can see, it is the recorded scene of said coffee shop. According to the witness' testimony, she was at that place around ten o'clock in the morning."

I looked around. Every person are looking at the screen.

"However, it seems the witness is missing." He continued. 

I smirked. Of course, she will not be there. I guess that's the time I passed out when her accomplice cover my nose.

"Objection your honor, the ---" as like what happened earlier, the judge cut Attorney Lee off.

"Overruled." The judge looked at Jiyong. "Continue Attorney Kwon."

Jiyong nodded then looked back at the . "Can you please explain your absence?"

Panic is on her face now. She looked at Attorney Lee, as if seeking help.

Attorney Lee sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter