A Mother's Request

A Beautiful You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV

 

Damn these tears. Why do it have to fall during this moment?

"Are you okay?" Mother asked. I nodded then wipe my tears. We are at a cafeteria and Jiyong is waiting outside.

A gentle smile formed on her lips, I felt my heart skip a beat. This feeling...it's the same with Mother Anna if she smiled like that to me.

"I am glad you're doing fine." Her voice too, it's soothing my senses.

I just smiled. It seems my voice is missing.

"Are you sure that you're okay?" She is worried.

"Y-Yeah. I just don't know what will I say."

She smiled again. "I understand." Then she stare outside, she definitely glance at Jiyong. "He is a fine young man."

"Yeah."I smiled. "I am grateful because I met him."

"I agree." Then fear across her face. "Are you not mad at me?"

I stopped then stare at her. After a while, I found the answer. "I am not. I just feel awkward because I can't help but to feel that I am looking at Mother Anna."

She sigh in relief then laugh a little. "I suddenly remember how we love switching when we were still kids."

"She told that to me."

Her face became serious. "I know you have a lots of question to me and I wanted to make it up to you."

"What do you mean?"

Her eyes sparks. "Can you come home with me?"

"Home?"

"Yes. In Auckland."

"You're not living here?"

She shake her head. "I just came here when I saw the news about you."

I stopped then became confused. There's a part of me to say yes immediately but there's a part of me that is protesting.

"I am not in a hurry. You can take your time to think about it."

"W-when will you go back?"

"Tomorrow." That soon? "As much as I wanted to stay longer, I can't."

"Why?"

"I've been away from orphanage for months already."

It made me startle. "Are you a n-nun too?"

She smiled. "No. After I left you with Eun Mi, I starts to rebuild myself. I wanted to have something that you can be proud of me." Her eyes became sad. "I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter