Wednesday 1:20pm- Crime Scene

Before the Dawn

Hoya and Dongwoo were sitting together at a nearby cafe. They were having a small lunch before going back to the department to finish their paperwork for the day, and then go home early. Hoya took a drink of his coffee as he studied Dongwoo. Dongwoo ran a hand through his hair as he read an article on his phone.

"Did you know that the president is doing secret, under the table business with corporations?" Dongwoo asked as he laughed, "This article is so false."

Hoya nodded, "Where are you reading this from?"

"Msn," Dongwoo said as he put his phone in his pocket, "I used to think they were credible."

Hoya smiled towards Dongwoo, "Hey, since we are leaving work early I was thinking that we could go to my place and-"

Just then Dongwoo's phone rang, interrupting Hoya mid-sentence. Dongwoo held up a finger as he check the caller ID. He flashed Hoya an apology look as he got up from the table and answered the call. Hoya sighed as he looked around him: there were five tables in the cafe by the department and they were the only ones there. Other than two workers: one who was at the cash register, and one who was wiping off tables. Dongwoo came back to the table looking surprised.

"Uhm, Hoya we have to go," He said as he picked up his jacket and left a twenty dollar bill on the table, "I'll explain it in the car."

Hoya picked up his jacket as he followed Dongwoo out of the cafe and to Hoya's car. Hoya unlocked it and got into the driver's seat as Dongwoo got into the passenger's seat.

"Are you going to tell me where we are going?" Hoya asked as he started the car.

"Yeah, we are going to the corner of Seaside and Winston," Dongwoo said as he looked out his window.

Hoya pulled out of the parking spot and started driving, "Isn't that the place with the really nice condos? Like where the president's son lives?"

"That's exactly where we are going," Dongwoo said, "Because Bang Yong Guk is dead."

Hoya looked at Dongwoo surprised, "What? How?"

"He was murdered."

Within a matter of minutes, and speeding down the street, Hoya and Dongwoo arrived at Bang Yong Guk's condo. The condo was big, fancy, and probably cost more than a house. There wasn't a cop car in sight, probably because this case was high profile and they wanted to keep it from the press. But there was a cop in front of the door who wasn't wearing his uniform. Hoya and Dongwoo walked up the steps to the condo and towards the cop.

"Detective Lee Howon and Detective Jang Dongwoo," Hoya said as both he and Dongwoo flashed their badges. 

The cop nodded, "I'm Kai. As you know this is a high profile and confidential case. The crime scene is in the upstairs bedroom, I will walk you to it."

Kai led Dongwoo and Hoya into the house, and up the grand stairs that was right by the front door. Upstairs there was only one door that was wide open and then all of the other doors were closed shut. Kai led them through the open door and there they saw Bang Yong Guk lying face up on the floor: eyes closed, motionless, and blood on his head and the floor around him.

"So why do you rule this a murder?" Dongwoo asked as he walked up to Bang Yong Guk to get a better look.

He saw that there was a fragment of something in his head. He put on his gloves and then moved the head to the side to get a better look.

"Well that's what your boss told me," Kai said as he shrugged.

"Did you take pictures of the crime scene?" Hoya asked as Kai nodded.

"There is something in his head," Dongwoo said as he stood up, "It's possible that someone came in and smashed something against his head. Like a..." Dongwoo looked around the room. It wasn't messy, it was perfectly clean other than the dead body and blood, but then something caught his eye. Shattered glass that most likely came from, "...a vase."

"Yeah, but I don't think that would kill him," Hoya said as Dongwoo nodded in agreement, "But before we analyze the crime scene further I think we have to find out what killed him. Kai has pictures and as long as it's not disturbed we're good."

Dongwoo shook his head, "No, we should try to find disturbances. Send the body to Sungjong and we'll stay here."

Kai nodded, "Of course."

Hoya saw something under the bed that caught his eye, "Dongwoo I think I found something."

"What?" Dongwoo asked as he looked to see what Hoya was looking at.

"A gun."