Wednesday 3:20pm- Questioning Youngjae

Before the Dawn

L. Joe, Chunji, Myungsoo and Sungyeol arrived at Yongjae's office minutes after leaving the police department. It was a very fancy office for an engineer, it looked like it belonged to a billionaire. There were chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and ceiling to floor windows. A marble staircase led to the second floor and beside it was a silver elevator.

"May I help you?" The receptionist at the desk asked as the phone rang.

"May we speak to Yoo Youngjae?" L. Joe asked as he flashed his badge.

"Is he in some kind of trouble?" She asked.

Chunji shook his head, "Nope."

"Then why do you need to speak to him?" She asked suspiciously.

"He called us about things he got stolen from his home," Myungsoo said while keeping a straight face.

"Oh that's horrible," She said as she typed something into the computer, "But he's in a meeting. Could you come back another time?"

"This is important," Sungyeol said, "We need to speak with him."

"Does it really take four of you to talk to him about stolen items?" She asked as she raised an eyebrow.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes, "We each have our specialties that will solve this case."

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave," She said as she picked up the phone.

"We'll find another way in," Chunji said as they walked away from the desk.

L. Joe looked around, "This doesn't look like the office of an engineer."

"It's crazy, I'll call you later," The detectives heard a voice.

They looked over towards the marble staircase and saw Youngjae walking down the stairs with Himchan. They shook each other's hands and then Himchan walked away. Youngjae nodded towards him receptionist and then he turned to walk back up the stairs.

"Yongjae!" Sungyeol exclaimed as he walked towards him, "I only want a moment of your time."

"Hey! I told you four to leave!" The receptionist yelled, "I can call security."

"No it's fine," Youngjae said as he raised a hand towards her, "Please, come to my office."

The four detectives followed Youngjae up the marble staircase and into a grand office of someone with authority. There were very expensive seats in front of a glass desk with a leather chair.

"Again I repeat," L. Joe said, "This doesn't seem like an office of an engineer."

Youngjae smiled towards them, "I've been promoted to CEO. Please, take a seat."

"I'm guessing you've heard about Bang Yong Guk," Chunji said as he sat down, "Where were you two days ago?"

"Are you implying I killed my best friend?" Youngjae asked as he sat down in his leather chair.

"Of course not," Myungsoo said, "Just routine questions."

Youngjae sighed, "I was here working. I'm a work-a-holic now since I'm CEO. I had just flown in from Singapore at eleven at night."

Chunji nodded as he wrote notes down on his notepad, "If you don't mind me asking, what were you and Himchan discussing?"

Youngjae shrugged, "Zelo had just called Himchan, and since supposedly I wasn't answering my phone he came over and told me about it."

"You don't seem sad that you're best friend is dead," Sungyeol said.

"I know this case cannot have any press," Youngjae said, "I can't show emotion or else someone will know somethings up. But I am completely shocked."

"Do you know of anybody who would want to hurt your best friend?" L. Joe asked as Youngjae shook his head.

"He had no enemies. He was a very friendly person," Youngjae said as he sighed. "That's why this is a big shock."

"Are you sure some people weren't openly jealous? I mean he was the president's son," Myungsoo said.

Youngjae thought for a second and then nodded his head, "There are a couple of people. They call themselves GAPA. Group Against President Activity. They weren't necessarily jealous, but they reminded him that they hated his dad."

"Who were they?" Sungyeol asked.

Youngjae shrugged, "I don't know. They approached us at the club a couple of times. I think Zelo knows their names, but I have no idea. I wish I could tell you more."

"No you've told us a lot," Chunji said as he and the other detectives stood up, "Thank you."

"Wait," Youngjae said as he stood up, "Did.. did he suffer?"

Chunji shrugged, "We don't know yet."

_________________________________________________

Author's note: Happy Birthday to the adorable rapper L. Joe :)