Wednesday 1:50pm- Medical Examiner

Before the Dawn

Myungsoo and Sungyeol walked into the department after getting a call from their captain. They didn't know what was going on because he had just told them to hurry. When they walked into the department Myungsoo noticed that Sunggyu and Woohyun were gone, probably because they left early for the day, and Hoya and Dongwoo were probably still at lunch.

"Myungsoo and Sungyeol!" Baekhyun exclaimed as he walked out of his office, "Thank god. I'll give you a cliff notes version of your next case. The president's son was murdered, any questions?"

"One, how?" Myungsoo asked as Baekhyun shrugged.

"I don't know. That's why I'm sending you and Yeol to Sungjong's office and seeing for yourself."

"When do you want us there?" Sungyeol asked as Baekhyun looked at his watch.

"Now would be great."

Myungsoo and Sungyeol nodded as they walked away from Baekhyun. The medical examiner's office was connected to the department so all they had to do was walk down a hallway.

"Isn't crazy that the first real case we get in years, is the murder of the president's son?" Sungyeol asked.

Myungsoo shrugged, "A little I guess."

They walked into Sungjong's office and saw a body on the table. Sungjong was wearing a lab coat as he wrote down information on a clipboard.

"What do you have for us?" Myungsoo asked Sungjong as he looked up from his clipboard.

"You're kidding me," Sungjong said as he put the clipboard down, "I just got the body ten minutes ago."

Sungyeol walked up to the body, "Bang Yong Guk... he looks different."

"Is that because he's dead?" Myungsoo asked as he rolled his eyes. Then Myungsoo adverted his attention back to Sungjong, "Do you have anything for us?"

Sungjong sighed, "I do have something. His body temperature was low. I can assume that wherever he died, he wasn't in a warm environment." 

"Where did he die?" Myungsoo asked as Sungjong shrugged.

"I don't know. He was found in his room, but I know that's not where he died," Sungjong said as he looked back at his clipboard. "He had soil fragments under his fingernails."

"What's that mean?" Sungyeol asked.

"He was killed outside. I took DNA samples to see if he scratched anyone, but I don't think he did. He also had a bullet in his back and glass fragments in his head, but none of those killed him."

"What did?" Myungsoo asked as Sungjong shrugged, "I need more time."

"Thanks for your help," Myungsoo said as he started to walk away.

"Wait I have one more piece of evidence," Sungjong said as he sighed, "The body temperature, it was so low that I know he died at least two days ago."