Wednesday 6:00 pm- Woollim Department

Before the Dawn

"I questioned Zelo," CAP said as he walked into Baekhyun's office from the interrogation room, "He keeps saying he doesn't know who killed Yongguk and that someone is framing him because he didn't touch the gun."

"I got much less from Youngjae," Changjo said as he sighed, walking in with Ricky behind CAP, "He decided to lawyer up."

"Same with Daehyun," Ricky said, "If they have nothing to hide then why are they getting lawyers?"

"That's a good point," Baekhyun said as he leaned into his seat, "Is Niel still working on tracking Himchan?"

"Yes," CAP said, "he hasn't come up with much yet."

"Figures," Rokhyun said as he sighed, "I don't think him leaving the day we find his best friend's body a coincidence." 

"Neither do I," Baekhyun said as he checked his cell phone, "Especially since we have most of our guys over there." 

The guys stood there together, surrounded by silence. Each of them were trying to think of what the hell was actually going on. 

"We need to look at this from a new standpoint," Baekhyun said as he brought out a pullout white board. "We have Yongguk who is our victim, and we have all of his friends." 

"And they are all benefiting from Yongguk," CAP said as Baekhyun wrote on the white board. "So that really isn't a motive there."

"He owed Baro and CNU money from gambling," Ricky said, "But the question is why hasn't he paid them back? He's made of money." 

"Good point," Rokhyun said, "And let's not dismiss Zelo's friendship with GAPA, who are publically against Yongguk and his father." 

"And Himchan's possible link to GAPA," Changjo said. 

"We obviously know that something is going on," Baekhyun said as he stared at what was written on the board, "The big question is what." 

"There is a big possibility this has to do with his father," Rokhyun said, "The man is the president. Get to the president's son to get to the president." 

"There is the article about the president doing shady things," Ricky said. "Higher powers." 

"I was told that was what Dongwoo was talking about," Baekhyun said, "But what would the higher powers have to do with Yongguk's friends?" 

"Why haven't we heard back from anyone by now?" Rokhyun asked, checking his phone. 

"Dongwoo and Hoya were trapped in Himchan's basement," Baekhyun said, "And so we sent Myungsoo, Sungyeol and our medical examiners to help. It was reported that they found a freezer and blood." 

"They could be in danger," Rokhyun said, "The killer could be there now." 

"CAP and Ricky, I need you two to go check out Himchan's house," Baekhyun commanded. "Changjo I want you to stay here and see if you can locate Himchan."

CAP and Ricky nodded as they started to leave the department, but were stopped in their tracks by an out of breath Kai. 

Kai was panting, most likely because he had run there from who knows where. He had blood on his shirt and hands and he looked like he had cried. His hair was messy and his eyes were wide with surprise. 

"Wait," Kai said as he tried to get ahold of his breathing, "I found Woohyun and Sunggyu in Sunggyu's apartment."

"Why do you have blood on your shirt?" Baekhyun asked, shocked.

"Sunggyu stabbed me," Kai said, "He said that I was too close to finding out the truth. Some of the blood is also Woohyun's, I think he's hurt. The last place I saw them was Sunggyu's apartment." 

"CAP and Ricky, change of plans," Rokhyun said, "Go to Sunggyu's apartment."

"I also know where Himchan is," Kai said as he looked Baekhyun in the eyes, "He hasn't left the country yet. I heard he was at Youngjae's apartment." 

"Changjo, grab Niel and get to Youngjae's apartment as soon as you can," Baekhyun said, "Kai, may we talk to you about what you just witnessed?" 

"Of course," Kai said flashing a smile, but as soon as it came it went and if you blinked you would've missed it.