Chapter One

Before the Dawn

It was a normal day at the Woollim Police Department. The phones were ringing, as usual, from kids pranking the police and small crimes that only took minutes to solve. Woohyun was at his desk filling out paperwork for the traffic ticket he had just given out. Sunggyu was at his desk which was right in front of Woohyun and he was finishing his paperwork for the day also. The two other sets of desks beside them were completely empty because Myungsoo and Sungyeol were out on the streets trying to find something to do while Dongwoo and Hoya were on a lunch break. There was barely any crime where they lived, so they were stuck with doing petty work that the cops have left them with.

"Gyu, heads up," Woohyun said as he nodded towards someone who had just walked into the department.

Sunggyu looked behind him and saw a boy come in who looks about twelve. His curly blonde hair is messy, he had dark circles under his eyes as if he hadn't been sleeping, and his eyes were blood shot from most likely crying. He looked around franticly for someone. Then he locked eyes with Sunggyu.

"Can I help you with something?" Sunggyu asked as he walked up to the boy.

The boy just nodded, "Uhm.. I need help."

"Do you want to talk with me?" Sunggyu asked as the boy shrugged.

"Are you in charge?" He asked.

Sunggyu shook his head, "No, but my captain, Byun Baekhyun, is here and he is in charge. You can just walk into his office," Sunggyu said as he pointed towards an office door on the other side of the room that was closed.

The boy nodded again as he rushed towards the office door.

"What was that about?" Woohyun asked, not looking up from his paperwork.

Sunggyu shrugged, "Probably lost something. Remember that one lady who came in last week who claimed her wallet was stolen?"

Woohyun nodded as he looked at Sunggyu, "Yeah, wasn't the wallet in her house somewhere?"

"Yeah, Dongwoo found it," Sunggyu said, rolling his eyes as he sat back down at his desk.

"You know, when I first took this job I thought it would be just like television drama," Woohyun said as he sighed, "What a dream killer."

"I know right," Sunggyu said as he nodded in agreement, "I mean I have an attractive partner, now all I need is a heinous crime to solve in about an hour."

Woohyun smiled, "Hey, so do you want to get together after this?"

Before Sunggyu could reply, Baekhyun came storming out of his office with the boy following him at his heels. And Baekhyun was coming straight towards Sunggyu and Woohyun.

"Boys, we have a big case on our hands," Baekhyun said as he stopped at the detectives' desks. "I want you two, Hoya, Dongwoo, Sungyeol and Myungsoo to work on this day and night until this is solved."

"What is it?" Woohyun asked while putting away his paperwork, secretly glad that he didn't have to do that anymore.

"There has been a murder," Baekhyun said as he sighed, "A murder of the president's son."

Sunggyu and Woohyun were shocked. Just minutes ago they were talking about wanting to have a real crime, and now they did. A murder. A murder of the president's son.

"Bang Yong Guk, right?" Sunggyu asked as Baekhyun nodded.

"This is Zelo, Bang Yong Guk's best friend. I want you two to question him and I will send Sungyeol and Myungsoo to Sungjong, and Hoya and Dongwoo to the crime scene," Baekhyun said as he motioned towards the boy.

"Okay, follow me," Sunggyu said as he started leading Zelo to the interrogation room.

"So this is pretty high profile, huh?" Woohyun asked Baekhyun as he nodded.

"That's why this must be completely confidential and top priority. I'm serious, I don't want you guys doing anything until this is solved."

______________________________________________________________

Author's note: I hope you liked the first chapter... :) It starts off a little slow, but trust me: It will be getting very exciting soon.