A new transfer

I want you! NO, Not you!

“I heard that we have a transfer from America and she was gorgeous.“ One of my classmates whispered to the guy beside him.

“Really? I can‘t wait to see your definition of ‘gorgeous‘. You think everyone is gorgeous.“ He mocked him.

A knock on the door interrupted the two guys from talking.

"That  must be her!" He excitedly whispered.

I never knew that guys can be a gossip. A smiling petite girl entered the class and the class grew quiet.

Miss GaIn smiled as she spoke, "Miss Hara, I've been waiting for you. Please introduce yourself."

The girl nodded as she bowed. "Hello everyone, I'm Goo Hara and I'm from America. Please treat me well." She smiled to the class.

I heard that name from somewhere before. Could she be my best friend Goo Hara from Cube elementary?

I snapped out of my thoughts when Miss GaIn called me.

"Eunjung, can you raise your hand?" I raised my hand in confusion.

"Hara, you may sit in that empty sit beside Eunjung."

Hara nodded enthusiastically as she walked towards me. "You're Ok Eunjung right?"

"And you're Goo Hara?" I hesitantly asked her.

"Yes, just like I introduced myself earlier. Eunjung, don't you remember me?!!" She giggled as she hugged me.

Realization hit me. "OMG Hara!" I hugged her back.

How can anyone forget THE Goo Hara. She was one of the popular kids when we were in elementary school back then. Almost all the boys in the school confessed to her and she rejected of course, saying that she already had someone in her heart. I never did know who that was.

"We have a lot of catching up to do!" I smiled widely at her.

She nodded happily. "Is Junhyung schooling here too?"

"Yup! Let's meet him later. He would be so surprised to see you!" I giggled.

Someone cleared , catching my attention and that's when I realized that  the whole class was silent. I cleared my throat to signaled Hara to quieten down as well.

"I'm glad you found your best friend but I have lessons to teach." Miss Gain strictly said.

We meekly smiled as we apologized. "Let's catch up later." I whispered to her.

She smiled in agreement as she sat down beside me. "I can't wait!"