Chapter 8

w i n g m a n

“Oh crap…” Saeyeon rarely used profanity, but she had just lost her test paper.
Had she dropped it accidently in the hallway?
She sighed and decided to forget about it. It wasn’t that important anyway… Just really embarrassing.

“Miss Han, you’re thiry minutes early… But sit in the 3rd seat next to the windows.” Teacher Jung said, pointing to a dirty desk vandalized with various scribbles.
Saeyeon nodded and took a seat.

“Aha, you failed too?” 
Saeyeon looked up to see a familiar boy standing at the door. He was in her math class, but she couldn’t remember his name.

“Myungsoo, sit in the second row, 5th seat.” Teacher Jung ordered. 
“I will in thirty minutes.” He replied, shooing her away and coming to sit next to Saeyeon.

“Hello, Miss Han Saeyeon. I’m Kim Myungsoo. I’ve been in your class since the beginning of the year.” He said boldly.
“Uh…” Saeyeon was caught off-guard by his audacity. “… How do you know my name?”

“I know everybody’s names. I’m a senior...” He laughed sheepishly, feeling a little too old to be with juniors.
“Why are you in junior math?” She asked, confused.
“I didn’t come to math class last year … I was, um, busy. And now I take both junior and senior math. And I came late to class today and missed more than half the test…” He admitted with an embarrassed smile.

Saeyeon smiled. 
He was… interesting.

.

L.Joe left Saeyeon’s math test that he really didn’t want to think about on his coffee table at home and quickly went to his room to change out of his school uniform.
CAP had told him to come early so he didn’t have to get through the guest lines.

He wore black jeans and a white v-neck with a casual blazer.
He didn’t want to look too dressy, so he went with some nice black sneakers. He changed his Rolex watch to a sleek Movado.
He had a reputation to keep up.

L.Joe opened his door and was hit with a gust of freezing air. He hated wearing jackets over blazers, but he guessed he didn’t have much of a choice.
He grabbed his motorcycle jacket and the grey scarf.
He checked his watch – 6:15.
If he took his Kawasaki, the outdated one, he’d make it to CAP’s house before 6:30.

He wrapped the scarf around his neck and revved up his motorcycle.
He took a deep breath as he felt the cold air against his face.
He pulled the scarf higher and he could smell … perfume?

He pulled his motorcycle to a stop and pulled off the scarf. He took another whiff and it was definitely perfume…
Saeyeon’s perfume?

He sighed and turned the motorcycle around. School was in the complete opposite direction of CAP’s house.
It wouldn’t hurt to arrive fashionably late to the party.