Chapter 28

w i n g m a n

“God, can you just stop talking to him? That’s all I’m asking!” L.Joe shouted.
“Can you stop being so jealous? He’s so nice! Why would I?” Saeyeon shouted back.

Apparently, Saeyeon had made the mistake of mentioning her pity for Myungsoo and now they were in a heated argument once again.

“I’m not jealous. Why would I be jealous of that freak?”

“He’s not a freak. He’s a very nice friend of mine!”

“A friend who’s trying to bag you.”

“He’s not a grocer. He doesn’t “bag” anything.”

L.Joe sighed. He just couldn’t stand Myungsoo.

“Do you hate Myungsoo more than you care for Saeyeon?” Nana butted in. Clearly, this argument wasn’t going to end anytime soon.
L.Joe paused. The answer was damn obvious.
Saeyeon peered into his eyes, as if the answer was in them. She bit her lip, preparing for the worst.

“Are you kidding me? I don’t hate him to point where I’d die…” L.Joe said, feeling a little embarrassed.
Saeyeon’s smile went from ear to ear.

“Now can we just go back to the room or something…” L.Joe attempted to change the subject, not feeling very comfortable about the entire sentimental situation.
“I’m going to the café with Chunji to get some late night coffee. We’ll catch you later.” Nana said, dragging her boyfriend in the opposite direction. She just wanted Saeyeon to have some alone time with L.Joe.

“You know, you could have any damn girl in the world…” Saeyeon said nonchalantly.
“Yeah and?” L.Joe acknowledged this fact.
“If you just put your mind to it… Any girl at all.” She continued.
He nodded.

“Then why me?” She asked curiously.

L.Joe grinned.
“Even if I put my mind to it, you’re the one girl that I’m afraid that I can’t have.”

__________________________________________________________