Chapter 3

w i n g m a n

Saeyeon looked at the neatly ironed scarf in a paper shopping bag.
She took a deep breath. Why did it seem like whenever she wasn’t looking for L.Joe and his friends, they were always around?
But as soon as she needed to find him, he was nowhere to be seen.

“Saeyeon ah… Chunji’s looking at me again~” Nana said, nudging her – hard.
Saeyeon nodded weakly but she looked up to see if L.Joe was near him… They were usually found all together.
But strangely enough, the noticeable blonde wasn’t with them today.

“Nana, go ask Chunji where L.Joe is … I mean, you do want to talk to him, right? There’s a perfect excuse.” Saeyeon said, pushing her towards the popular crowd.
Nana began to freak out and flailing her arms, begging Saeyeon to stop.

It was too late. She was now standing three feet away from Chunji and his friends , who were giving her strange looks.

“Um, Chunji sunbae…” She said politely and nervously.
“Yes?” His voice rang clearly. His eyes were wide with excitement.
“Where is L.Joe?”

His face seemed to drop as the question wasn’t about him, but rather L.Joe.

“I don’t think he’s coming to school today…” He answered half-heartedly.
“Oh… Because Saeyeon, my friend over there, has his scarf and…” Nana replied shyly.

“Ah, this is about your friend?” Chunji seemed to perk up as he realized she wasn’t interested in L.Joe herself.
“She can go to his house to drop it off – along with his schoolwork … If she doesn’t mind, that is.” He said with a smile.

Nana nodded cutely and said goodbye and walked as fast as she could back to Saeyeon.

“Saeyeon, he’s so kind! He says you can go to his house and drop off the scarf and his missed schoolwork!” She said excitedly.

On the otherhand, Saeyeon didn’t look too pleased.
“I don’t even know where he lives. Do you?” She asked, thinking logically.

Nana frowned. She didn’t know either. 
“I can ask Chunji sunbae…” She murmured dreamily.
“Would you go with me, Nana?” Saeyeon asked.
“Of course! Why would I leave you to go alone there? Goodness, no!”, came the quick reply.

Saeyeon smiled. At least Nana still cared about her too.

.

“Yah, L.Joe…” Chunji said through the phone.
“What do you want now, Chunji?”, the blonde spoke back.
“Saeyeon’s going to come over your house later with your scarf and schoolwork, okay?”
“Who is this Saeyeon?” L.Joe asked, completely confused. He didn’t remember knowing any Saeyeon.
“The girl who has your scarf …” Chunji replied as if it were the most obvious thing when he hadn’t found out her name until recently.

There was a silent pause.
Then suddenly, “Why the hell is she coming over? To my house of all places?” L.Joe shouted.
Chunji cringed and held the phone a little further away from his ear.

“Well, I was thinking while you kept her busy … I’d keep that pretty girl busy…” Chunji answered meekly.
“You don’t even know that girl’s name yet, do you?” 
“I’ll find out … Don’t worry.” Chunji muttered.

On the other end of the phone line, L.Joe hung up.
No girl had ever come over his house – besides family of course.
And now, this stranger was just going to come in?

Chunji was absolutely ridiculous. He never got this crazy over a girl.

L.Joe was seriously starting to question whether he needed the new motorcycle.
He let out a big sigh and put on a leather jacket.

“I guess I’m going to school today…” He muttered, clearly pissed off.

___________________________________________________________