Chapter 24

w i n g m a n

“She’s at Club Duke – if you wanted to know. She might be with Myungsoo.”

L.Joe glared at Chunji. “I don’t care where she is – or who she’s with.” He snapped. The “she” didn’t need to be specified; it was too obvious already.
He had just told Eunji to get out of his life and that tonight was just a one-night thing, like Chunji had predicted.

“Come on, dude… You’re crazy for her.” Chunji insisted.
“Never. Girls need me – not the other way around.” L.Joe retorted.
“You’re never going to get married with that mindset.” 
“I’ll get married to the girl I want to get married to. She’s going to want me.” 
Chunji shook his head. “But you’re going to need her to want you.” He said smartly, leaving L.Joe without a good comeback.

“Whatever. I wouldn’t be speaking, Mr. ‘Give-Me-All-Your-Attention’. What kind of girl likes that?” L.Joe retaliated.
“Yeah, I admit it. I was clingy. But at least I’m willing to learn and change. You have to open your eyes and stop denying the undeniable.” Chunji urged. 
L.Joe turned his back on his friend.

Chunji sighed. “I’m saying this as your best friend. And I’m not trying to get all sentimental with you, buddy… But I only have what’s best for you in mind.” He paused. “Crap, I sound kind of gay.” 
L.Joe had to crack a smile and he lightly punched Chunji in the shoulder.

Chunji grinned. “So? Are you going to go for it?” He asked excitedly.
L.Joe exhaled deeply. “I’ll think about it. If you get me that damn motorcycle…” 
His best friend gave him a stern look in response. “You have a damn car for goodness sake. Why do you need a motorcycle? And technically – you didn’t meet the full end of the deal.” 
And before L.Joe could reply, Chunji continued, “And the motorcycle’s only going to bring back bad memories now. Forget it.”

L.Joe knew the last part was indisputable. “Fine – but you owe me something for my hard work.” He persisted.
Chunji grinned. “Yeah, I just gave you this man-to-man talk. That was your gift. Now let’s go to the club.”

The blonde gave him a ‘what-the-hell’ look but put on his jacket anyway. He was going to get back what rightfully belonged to him.

.

Myungsoo had just checked 55E and Saeyeon was not there. It was nearly 11pm now. 
He had asked Raina, but she didn’t know or care.

“She’s at Club Duke,” a swaying feminine voice said.
Myungsoo turned around to see Eunji with a wine glass in her hand.

“How do you know?” He asked.
“I was just there.” The tipsy model managed to get out. She hiccuped cutely and giggled like a drunk.
Myungsoo frowned. “Are you alright?” He asked worriedly.
“Yeah, just peachy. L.Joe told me he had never wanted anything seriously with me… And I’ve been trying to get his attention for over a year… And just when I thought I had it…” She laughed bitterly. “He tells me I’m just a pitstop in his life.”

Myungsoo glared at the floor, his hatred for the popular blonde growing.
“I have to go. Feel better – I really mean it.” He said kindly before running down the stairs and bolting to Club Duke.

He saw the familiar backside of the blonde student entering the club before him. He glowered; was L.Joe going to try and get Saeyeon back? 
He wouldn’t let that happen.
After all, he had promised to rescue the damsel in distress, hadn’t he?

__________________________________________________________