Chapter 18

w i n g m a n

“Saeyeon ah!” Myungsoo called, ready to steal Saeyeon’s attention.
He had bought two orange juice cartons and a small bento for them to eat together.

Saeyeon turned around to see Myungsoo with food in his arms. L.Joe noticed as well and raised his eyebrow.
“I didn’t know you were dating someone. That someone being … Kim Myungsoo…” L.Joe said crossly, folding his arms across his chest. He didn’t approve.
“I’m not!” She quickly defended.

“Do you like him?” L.Joe asked as Myungsoo neared every second.
Saeyeon shook her head ‘no’. Myungsoo was very nice and looked quite good looking but she didn’t find herself attracted to him… She found herself being more drawn to blondes.

L.Joe shrugged. He grabbed her hand and dragged her to the Lotteria line. Since she didn’t like Myungsoo, he thought he might as well take the liberty of evading him.
He never liked Myungsoo in the first place. They were in the same grade and Myungsoo was known to be cocky and full of himself although he had nothing much to show.

Myungsoo, on the other hand, stood speechless as he watched L.Joe stare him down and suddenly drag Saeyeon off.
Saeyeon wasn’t the usual kind of girl he went for, but something about her just attracted him to her. Maybe it was her big eyes and petite frame…
Or perhaps it was because L.Joe found her interesting…
It made her more special than any other girl by tenfold.

“Saeyeon, would you like to eat with me?” Myungsoo asked boldly, walking straight up to Saeyeon and L.Joe. He glared at L.Joe. 
“No, she wouldn’t.” L.Joe coolly answered, unfazed. He put his hands on Saeyeon’s shoulders to Myungsoo’s anger and put on a big smirk. “She’s eating with me.”

Saeyeon looked at her shoes, feeling quite sorry. Myungsoo was a very nice boy in her mind and it didn’t feel very nice to put him down like that.

“I didn’t ask you; I asked Saeyeon.” Myungsoo snapped at L.Joe.
“Someone woke up on the wrong side of bed…” L.Joe muttered, earning another glare.

Saeyeon looked at L.Joe – she preferred to eat with him. But eating with Myungsoo didn’t sound so bad… And she had eaten with L.Joe a countless amount of times, but never with Myungsoo.
She looked at L.Joe desperately, not knowing what to do.

However, L.Joe was busy having a glaring contest with Myungsoo. 
Myungsoo smirked, quickly grabbing Saeyeon’s arm. If L.Joe could pull her away from him, he could pull her away from L.Joe.

“Let’s go eat something healthy – not like Lotteria.” Myungsoo soothed, dragging Saeyeon to the tables near the window.

L.Joe was about to shout when he realized he was in a public area and that would only embarrass him.
He sighed and shrugged – she was going to spend 15 minutes with Myungsoo. It wasn’t a big deal. 
After all, Saeyeon had said that she didn’t like that damned Myungsoo… 
He sat next to a lonely looking Niel. Changjo and Ricky were still in their last year of junior high school and they weren’t allowed to go on the trip either – just like CAP.

“Oh, Hyung – it’s okay. Go have fun with Saeyeon Noona.” Niel quickly said, seeing Saeyeon next to an unfamiliar boy that was obviously not his L.Joe Hyung.
“Nah. I need some time away from her too, you know. Myungsoo can have her for a little while. Whatever.” L.Joe said, trying to convince both Niel and himself.
“Are you really just spending time with her because of the motorcycle deal you had with Chunji Hyung? Is that the only reason?” Niel pried curiously.
“Uh, yeah – what other reason would there be? Niel, when did you start getting so nosy?” L.Joe quickly answered, chuckling unconfidently.
Niel laughed and blushed. “Sorry, Hyung. I was just curious. I like Saeyeon Noona though. I think you should keep talking to her even after the deal’s sealed and you get the motorcycle thing…” He quipped.

“It’s not just a motorcycle thing… It’s the newest model of the Kawasaki Ninja series…” L.Joe said, thinking dreamily about the beautiful bike. 
“And you can take Saeyeon Noona for rides!” Niel shouted, a bit too loud.

Saeyeon looked up from picking at the food Myungsoo had bought.
She had just heard Niel scream her name out loud and quickly sit down, covering his mouth.

“Do you not like the food?” Myungsoo asked, worried.
“No – it’s fine! I’m just not hungry.” Saeyeon said, putting on a smile for the worried boy.

“Can you do me one small favor?” Myungsoo said, hiding his conniving thoughts with his brightest smile.
“Uh, sure? If it’s small and doable…” She muttered.
“Could you sit next to me on the bus? I’m real~ lonely.” He said, with a pitiable face and big, sad eyes.

Saeyeon bit her lip. She didn’t think L.Joe would mind…

Right?

.

“So you’re gonna sit with the ?” L.Joe asked, wondering if he had heard correctly. It was quite hard to believe in his mind.
“He’s not a .” Saeyeon insisted.
“Whatever. Have fun with … that thing.”

L.Joe fell back onto his seat. The seat next to him was bare. 
‘At least I have more room now…’ He thought, feeling a little betrayed.

He heard her laughter coming from the seat diagonal from his. He couldn’t even see Saeyeon’s face. She was sitting by the window and Myungsoo was blocking the view by sitting in the aisle seat. But he could hear her laughter.

He shrugged. It might be better this way.
Then maybe he could wipe the slate completely clean after his deal with Chunji was over.
Maybe he could go back to the way it was before he met her…
After all, he didn’t want her liking him too much.

He’d just break her.