Chapter 11

w i n g m a n

Saeyeon felt so out of place. L.Joe had dragged her here, and ditched her somewhere in this huge house.

“Feeling lonely?”

Saeyeon quickly turned around, hearing the familiar voice.
“Myungsoo…” She said softly.

Myungsoo gave her a killer smile and said, “Wow, you look really stunning.”
Saeyeon smiled weakly. She didn’t know how to take compliments very well.

“Saeyeon!” Nana called out, seeing her friend besides someone that she didn’t know.
Saeyeon gratefully ran to Nana, giving her a hug. It felt like ages since she had last seen her.

“Who is that guy?” Nana whispered harshly in Saeyeon’s ear.
“His name is Myungsoo… He’s in my math class. He’s a senior and he’s really nice.” Saeyeon answered.

“Where’s L.Joe?” For once in her life, Nana was looking for L.Joe.
“I don’t know… Somewhere in this house?” Saeyeon answered.
“… He ditched you?” 
“Well, it’s not like he has to stay around me, Nana…” Saeyeon replied with a sigh.

In CAP’s backyard, L.Joe had finally found Lizzy.

“L.Joe, there you are! I have someone I want you to meet.” Lizzy said with a bright smile.
L.Joe stopped breathing for a second. He hadn’t seen Lizzy in years… and she wanted him to meet someone else?

“This is Mika. He’s in his second year of University.” She introduced a good looking guy who had about 3 inches on L.Joe.
L.Joe swallowed hard and shook Mika’s hand firmly.

“He’s my boyfriend.” Lizzy said happily, giving Mika a small hug.

L.Joe smiled weakly and nodded. 
That was the one thing he didn’t want to hear.

“I’ll… I’ll see you later.” He breathed heavily and ran to CAP’s room – the only room that he knew was empty.

L.Joe looked at himself in the mirror. He laughed at the pitiable sight he saw. 
He felt an unfamiliar single tear slide down his emotionless face.

He had grown up with Lizzy. He loved her and she had loved him. But he missed the chance because he never knew that she felt the same way.
She moved to a different province two years ago and that was that.
Was she back to rub her good looking boyfriend in his face?

He angrily punched the bed, knowing he shouldn’t break anything that wasn’t his.
He could have sworn his feelings for her had died over a year ago.

He left the room, heart heavy, and walked down to CAP’s basement. There was a bar and it was crowded with a least forty people.
“Give me a Golden Margarita – with a extra shot of rum.” He ordered and the bartender, recognizing L.Joe’s face, complied immediately.

L.Joe didn’t like drinking, but what else could he do?
After three more glasses, he lied down on the couch and fell asleep.