Chapter 26

w i n g m a n

“Sorry… I’m glad we’re friends – and I’d really rather stay this way.” 
– is what L.Joe wished Saeyeon would say.

“Myungsoo…” Saeyeon spoke quietly, but surely. “I… I want to be with someone that I go through good and bad times with… And with you, I know there’ll be no hardships…” She paused.
L.Joe wanted to knock over a table. All that was left was her agreement.

“But I don’t want a relationship that doesn’t have its downs. I like … bumpy rides.” Saeyeon finally admitted, tears in her eyes. She couldn’t help but feel so sorry. 
“I’m sorry. Thank you for sticking by me this entire time…” She said softly, letting go of her tears.

Myungsoo jumped off stage and smiled sadly. “Why are you crying? It’s alright.” He asked, giving her a hug. 
On the inside, he wanted to scream his lungs out. 
He brought her out of the spotlight – he didn’t really want to be in front of everyone either; after all, he had just been rejected in front of everyone. 
Saeyeon sobbed into his shoulder.

She did feel tremendously sorry, but that wasn’t the reason why she was bawling.
She realized she wanted L.Joe – and the bumpy ride their relationship provided.

“Don’t cry…” Myungsoo comforted, patting her shoulder.
“L.Joe…” He heard her cry out. He really felt like shooting someone. He was feeling ty as hell too – and she had just gone and called out his name.

“She says she wants me, doesn’t she?”

Myungsoo looked up to see a smug L.Joe, with his arms crossed. 
Saeyeon turned her head and bit her lip, feeling embarrassed and very unconfident. Her makeup was probably ruined and her mascara was most likely running down her cheeks with her tears.

“Sorry, but better luck next time.” L.Joe said with a superior smirk, really not caring that Myungsoo was already feeling crappy.
He grabbed Saeyeon’s wrist and pulled her outside.

.

Nana looked for Saeyeon after she had just witnessed Myungsoo’s confession.
She was holding onto the sweater when she smelled Chunji’s cologne again. She held the sweater to her nose and realized she was holding Chunji’s sweater.
She felt her cheeks flush warmly as she thought of him again. 
She heaved a sigh and conceded with the fact she missed him – just a bit.

“Since I can’t find Saeyeon… maybe I should return this sweater…” She muttered to herself.
She walked out of the club and stopped dead in her tracks.

L.Joe was hugging Saeyeon tightly while she cried.
Nana nervously looked around. She wondered whether she should rescue her crying best friend, or leave them be.
She hid behind a garbage can and looked at Saeyeon’s face more carefully. She wasn’t crying because she didn’t want to be near L.Joe. Nana could tell – after all, they were best friends for a reason.

“Aren’t you glad I came back?” L.Joe asked with a slightly moody smile.
Saeyeon nodded, sniffling away her tears. 
“After you pushed me away…” 
“I’m sorry…” She answered quietly.
L.Joe laughed weakly. “Don’t apologize for anything.” He muttered into her ear.

For some reason, that made Saeyeon just cry even more.