Chapter 17

w i n g m a n

It wasn’t like Saeyeon to fall asleep on a bus.
She had always had trouble falling asleep on vehicles – including airplanes.
But strangely enough, she had fallen asleep quite quickly on this bus ride.

“Saeyeon ah, wake up.” Nana nudged. 
They had reached the rest stop and her best friend was still sleeping – leaning quite comfortably on her blonde upperclassman.

“Hmm? Urghhh…” Saeyeon groaned, seeing the light enter her groggy eyes.

She then realized, her head was not propped up by her neck, but rather supported by something firm. She turned around quickly and was met with L.Joe’s ear right in front of her.
She stumbled backwards out of shock and nearly fell behind the armrest and into the aisle.

“I thought you two were sleeping like that on purpose…” Nana mumbled with a sly grin.
“Ah, no. Never.” Saeyeon said, straightening herself out and patting down her wrinkly clothes.
Not to mention, her hair was a big mess and it was too short to really tie it up neatly.

“You’re so noisy. I thought I told you to not to bother me five minutes ago.” L.Joe griped sleepily as he stretched his arms towards the bus ceiling.
“That was two hours ago…” Saeyeon muttered giving him a look.
“Well it felt like five minutes because something heavy was weighing down my shoulder.” He replied quickly with a big smirk on his face. He began rolling his left shoulder for emphasis.
“Are you calling my head heavy? It’s because my brain contains a lot of information – thanks for noticing, sunbae.” She argued.
“It’s probably empty and just waterweight.” He remarked, as if he had everything memorized and ready to recite.

Saeyeon glared and he returned a mix of a smile and a smirk.
“I’ll leave you two lovebir– ” 
Saeyeon quickly elbowed Nana before she could finish the sentence. 
“Ouch, I get it. I get it.” Nana moaned and ran out of the bus to the waiting Chunji.

“Let’s go get breakfast… You need to grow.” L.Joe said, taunting Saeyeon once more.
“You need to grow a brain. That’s harder than growing in height.” She argued, pushing him back down into the seat as he tried to get up.
“Not for you, you short monst –”

Saeyeon glared, armed with her water bottle.
“You short, cute wonderful child…” L.Joe corrected himself nervously, slowly taking the water bottle out of Saeyeon’s hand.

“So much violence for such a small body…” He mumbled with a big smirk on his face before he ran out of the bus, Saeyeon on right behind him.

He grinned; He had never felt so alive.

_____________________________________________