Chapter 12

w i n g m a n

“I’d really prefer you go find L.Joe.” Nana advised strongly.
“I think Myungsoo’s nicer than L.Joe…” Saeyeon protested.

“Nana, want to dance?” Chunji asked. He had been waiting patiently for Nana to finish her conversation. But the two girls had been arguing for twenty minutes now and he was getting impatient.
‘Where is L.Joe? What kind of wingman is he?’ He thought angrily as Nana ignored his question.

“CAP Hyung, where’s L.Joe?” Chunji asked, pulling CAP over to side.
“He went to go find Lizzy and … I don’t know.” 
“Lizzy? … She has a boyfriend now.” Chunji murmured, realizing what had probably happened between the two.
CAP caught on quickly. “He’s probably...”

“At the bar.” They both said simultaneously.

“Saeyeon, I have a feeling L.Joe’s not in such a good state. He’s probably downstairs – you should really go check it out.” Chunji said, interrupting Nana and Saeyeon’s conversation. He felt like L.Joes’ wingman now.

“Wait, how do you know?” Saeyeon asked, but instead of getting an answer, she was shooed downstairs.

“L.Joe sunbae?” She called out shyly, not wanting to get so much attention from strangers.
She found him asleep on a couch surrounded by girls who were taking turns cuddling with him and then taking pictures.
Was she supposed to wake him up?
‘But that’ll make all those mean-looking girls angry…’ She thought.

She sighed and stepped between the girls and shook L.Joe as hard as she could.
She could smell the faint scent of rum on him.

L.Joe groaned and opened his eyes slowly.
He saw a blurry girl with big eyes. 
“Lizzy?” He slurred.

Saeyeon ignored the name he called out and tried to pull him upright.

“Hey, if he wants to sleep, leave him alone.” The girl with the camera shouted angrily.

Saeyeon hesitated but ignored the comment.
“L.Joe sunbae… Get up, please?” She pleaded even though she knew he probably couldn’t hear her.

“Is that L.Joe?”
Saeyeon saw a pretty girl with curly brown hair ask and run over, with a worried look on her face. She had a good looking guy next to her.

“Mika, help him up. Let’s get him to CAP’s room.” The girl said to the good looking guy, who was apparently named Mika.

As Mika hoisted L.Joe’s arm over his neck, the girl with the curly brown hair gave Saeyeon a smile.
“Hi, I’m Lizzy, and you are?” She had a nice voice and a great smile.

“I’m Saeyeon… Nice to meet you.”