Chapter 16

w i n g m a n

L.Joe smirked, hearing the shrieks of the terrified girls who had just witnessed this romantic gesture of his.
Saeyeon pulled away slightly, feeling sort of like a circus act for everyone to see.

“L.Joe Hyung, are you two dating?” Niel asked curiously.
L.Joe shrugged, inciting another wave of shrieks to his delight.

“We’re not.” Saeyeon answered, lifting L.Joe’s arm off her shoulder. She couldn’t deny that it felt just right, but she couldn’t stand the fact that there was no depth in his gesture.
She gave him a stern look and L.Joe was definitely confused. Was he doing something wrong? He knew most girls would kill to be in Saeyeon’s spot and yet, here she was, angry and frowning.

It wasn’t as if he thought they had something special between them. But he had noticed that he had changed a bit after hanging around her so much.
He was much more talkative and paid attention to what went on around him. He found that he enjoyed seeing the miserable faces of his hopeless fangirls. He had never even thought of paying attention to their reactions and expressions to when they saw him.
He had learned that he had quite a couple of fangirls that were quite jealous of Saeyeon. 
It had also been quite long since his last fling with a girl. 
He hated to admit it, but at this point, Saeyeon was the only girl in his life – besides his mother. But even his mother didn’t effect him in such ways.

“Let’s go on the bus.” He noticed Saeyeon tugging at his jacket sleeve. He nodded and followed her inside.
“I want the window seat.” He quickly said. He didn’t like sitting at the edge because people had the tendency to bother him while he slept.
Saeyeon shrugged and took the edge seat.

“It’s not even 7:30… It’s so damn early.” L.Joe muttered, yawning and not bothering to cover his mouth.
Not surprisingly, he still looked good doing it.

“We’ll be stopping in about two hours at a rest stop. There’s a bathroom in the back of the bus. And try not to get out of your seat.” Teacher Jung shouted through a mini megaphone.
She was one of the two chaperones – the other being L.Joe’s history teacher, Teacher Kim.

L.Joe let out another “good-looking” yawn. Saeyeon couldn’t help but smile.
He saw her grin and raised his eyebrow. “What are you laughing at?” He said, pretending to be angry.
“Your face.” She replied with a quick tongue and a big smile.

L.Joe couldn’t resist the smile tugging at his lips. He quickly hid it with a fake yawn and stretched his arms towards the sky.
“I’m going to sleep. Don’t bother me.” He stated, trying to say it in a dictator sort of manner.
“Of course not, your highness.” Saeyeon muttered, earning a mock glare from the blonde.

In the pair of seats besides theirs, Nana and Chunji were sharing earphones and listening to Chunji’s iPod.
“I like your taste in music.” Nana said with a flirty giggle.
“I like your taste in my taste.” Chunji cooed.
It was beyond mushy, but no one seemed to care. Everyone was used to it by now and compared to the ridiculously excessive way they flirted two weeks ago, this was much better.

“Hey, look at those two.” Chunji said, noticing his blonde friend sleeping besides Saeyeon.
Nothing would be strange about that, but Saeyeon had fallen asleep as well – on L.Joe’s shoulder while he leaned his head on hers.
“Aw, that’s so cute.” Nana gushed, happy for her friend; She had felt that Saeyeon needed a boyfriend for a while now.

However, in the row in front of Nana and Chunji, Myungsoo sat alone.
And he was very jealous –

Jealous and angry.