Chapter 31 (e p i l o g u e)

w i n g m a n

Eunji sat on the chairs provided outside of the mart. She sipped her 30cent hot chocolate and sighed. She was lonely this Valentine’s Day. 
She was warming up her hands with her breath when she noticed someone stop right at her feet. 
She looked up to see Myungsoo – someone who she hadn’t seen since they were at Muju Resort. She remembered his gentle voice and kind eyes and she gave him a smile.

“You’re looking kind of lonely.” Myungsoo said, taking the seat next to her.
“Yeah, well, that happens when your ex is out having a great Valentine’s Day with another girl.” She said sadly.
“Yeah, well I’m lonely too. That girl your ex is with was my crush.” He said, feeling equally down.

“Well, how ‘bout instead of being lonely together, we be not-lonely together?” Eunji asked hopefully. 
Myungsoo smiled. “I always liked bold, pretty girls.” He admitted, offering his hand.

.

Saeyeon and Nana skated down the ice rink, spending their Valentine’s Day together – like a double date. Chunji and L.Joe sat off-rink, comparing chocolates – whether Nana made nicer ones or if Saeyeon did.

Saeyeon laughed, watching her boyfriend argue with his bestfriend. Not looking where she was going, she nearly collided with a girl and she stumbled into the wall. She turned around to see if the girl was okay and she was on the floor, being helped up by another guy.
“Hey, are you alright? Sorry!” She apologized, skating over to see if the girl was okay.
Looking closer now, it was Hyerim with … another guy.

“Oh, Hyerim…” Saeyeon prepared herself for the wild nasty fit Hyerim was probably going to throw.
“It’s alright. I’m fine,” was all Hyerim said. She patted the ice off her pants and she took the guy’s hand and skated off.

“That was… surprisingly nice of her.” Nana said, joining Saeyeon in her shock.
“Yeah, who was that guy anyway?” Saeyeon asked curiously.
“His name’s Sungjong – he took care of Hyerim after L.Joe left her for you.” Chunji said, stepping into their conversation.

Saeyeon smiled. She wasn’t best friends with Hyerim or anything, but she was happy for her.
“She’s changed.” She muttered to herself. “I might even grow to like her.”

L.Joe smirked. “Yeah, she’s alright. I guess…” He said quietly.
Saeyeon lightly punched him in the arm. “Hey, be nice.”

“Only to you.” It was rare to see L.Joe say something sweet, even if he was just kidding around.
“Very funny… Anyway, let’s talk about something more important guys.” Saeyeon paused. “My chocolate was better right?”

L.Joe shrugged. Saeyeon gave him a look and he began to nod. Chunji shook his head.
“Nana’s was nicer.” His response earned him a kiss on the cheek.

“I think I deserve a kiss on the cheek too. I sided with you, Saeyeon.” L.Joe said jokingly.
Nana laughed. “Did you guys even taste both of ours?” She asked.

Chunji frowned. “I tried tasting Saeyeon’s so I could fairly compare… But L.Joe wouldn’t let me touch. He said they were all his.” 
L.Joe shrugged. “They are all mine. Saeyeon made them specially for me. Not you.” 
He was being childish. Saeyeon rolled her eyes and sighed hopelessly.

“I’m dating a four year old.” She teased.
“Then you’re a three year old, since you’re one year younger than me. And I think we make a really cute toddler couple, then.” L.Joe said, playing along.
Saeyeon laughed. “Well, if we’re that young, I don’t think we should be out so late. It’s already 7.” 
“Stay a little longer. We can be those bad kids.” He grabbed her arm with a smirk.

Chunji and Nana rolled their eyes and skated away. They wanted to give them their space … and have their own space.
“How long do you think they’ll last, Nana?” Chunji asked curiously.
“Why? You answer first.” Nana replied.
“Five, six months more? What do you think?” He thought this was a pretty long time.

Shaking her head, Nana replied.

“A long, long time…”