Chapter 21

w i n g m a n

“Are you really not talking to Saeyeon Nuna?” Niel bugged a busy L.Joe.
“For the last time, I am not. Why do you care so much?” L.Joe answered, lying down on his hotel bed.
“Why do you care so little?” Niel pried, angry with the Hyung he usually was so proud of.
“It’s better this way. I even have a date with Eunji, that girl who models, tomorrow.” He said, secretly dreading the day.
“Well, maybe you can double date.” 
“With who?” L.Joe asked, not knowing any other couples.
“Saeyeon Nuna and Myungsoo sunbae.” Niel answered flatly, seeing L.Joe’s chest swell and his fist clench at the mention of Myungsoo.

“They’re dating?” L.Joe asked slowly, breathing deeply and trying to look very nonchalant.
“I don’t know. But gosh, they look awfully close now. They spend every single free minute together.” Niel exaggerated. He didn’t know whether it was true or not – but what the heck, right?

L.Joe took quick, short breaths. What did it matter to him?
Eunji was a model – a m-o-d-e-l, MODEL.

“Who cares. I have Eunji – remember?” He answered, back to his smooth self.
“Hah – you don’t have anyone. She’s just gonna be another girl you have fun with for one night and then throw away the next.” Niel snapped.
“Shut up – you don’t know anything. Eunji isn’t like that.” L.Joe lied out of anger.
“Then you wouldn’t mind going on a double date with Saeyeon Nuna and Myungsoo sunbae, right?” Niel pushed.

L.Joe glared at Niel, wishing he would just shut up.
He couldn’t stand hearing Myungsoo’s name over and over. Myungsoo’s silly grin and rainbow-shaped eyes kept popping up in his mind.

He’d show Niel that he didn’t care about Saeyeon. He’d show everyone.
“Yeah, no problem. I’ll go to a double date with them.” He said, wondering if he’d regret his decision later.

Niel frowned. He didn’t think that L.Joe would go so far just to prove a point. He was too stubborn for his own good.
“Fine, I’ll go tell Saeyeon Nuna. She’ll be very happy, I think.” 
Niel bit his lip. He didn’t know if Saeyeon would be up to it. After all he didn’t think Saeyeon and Myungsoo were dating – he had lied, thinking L.Joe would go running back to Saeyeon.
But he’d have to come up with something…

He asked Sungjong where Myungsoo was – that was probably where he’d find Saeyeon.
Sungjong looked quite cute and cuddly, but Niel knew he was someone to watch out for.
“I think Myungsoo Hyung’s at the slopes teaching that Saeyeon girl in my year how to ski. Why?” Sungjong asked.
“Ah, nothing. Just looking for them. Thanks” Niel said with a smile. He knew that he couldn’t tell Sungjong the truth because Sungjong supported the Myungsoo-Saeyeon couple, and Sungjong would try to get in Niel’s way.

“Hey, Saeyeon Nuna, Myungsoo sunbae!” Niel shouted, watching Myungsoo help Saeyeon stand upright on a snowboard.

“Oh, Niel.” Saeyeon waved with a smile. Myungsoo raised his eyebrow – was Niel here on account of L.Joe?
“Nuna, would you and Myungsoo sunbae like to go to dinner tomorrow? L.Joe Hyung and Eunji sunbae will be there too. I’ll be there too!” Niel said with a smile, lying about the last comment. He’d just bail at the last minute.
“That sounds like fun.” Myungsoo said, thinking about how he could rub in the fact that Saeyeon was nearly his to L.Joe.

Saeyeon wasn’t feeling too eager about it. She had agreed to break ties with L.Joe, hadn’t she? 
Going to dinner with him there meant conversing with him.

“Let’s go, Saeyeon~” Myungsoo sang. Saeyeon looked at his cute smile and she chuckled.
“Fine, fine. Niel, we’ll go.” She said, giving in to Myungsoo’s wants.

“Okay, meet us tonight at the restaurant on the 3rd floor – 8 o’clock. Dress classy; it’s a classy place.” Niel put on a smile and waved goodbye. On the inside, he was horrified. It really looked like Saeyeon was growing fond of Myungsoo.