Blood V

Bitten

 

Wearing a cap and hoodie, BoA stands in front of the newsstand and flips through the magazine that she just bought, happy to see the photos of her and Yoona in it. The results are great like before, or maybe even better because Yoona had been helping her during this entire shoot, giving her various helpful tips. Wanting to grab a cup of coffee, she walks into the café and sits down in the corner with her coffee.

 

“Yoona ssi dressed as a guy! As expected from the goddess, she’s so good looking even as a guy.” She could hear the conversation among the guys sitting near her, reading the same magazine as her.

 

Yoona ssi is really popular. BoA thought as she surveys the whole café for a moment, realizing that a lot of the customers here have a copy of the magazine, and most of them are guys looking at the page with Yoona. Somehow, she felt kind of scare that she will have people hating on her because of this photo shoot. Being a nobody and being so close to the famous model, will they kill me…? Thinking of that, BoA pulls her cap down to cover her face, and pulls up the hood of her hoodie as well. Wanting to relax a bit, she decided to listen to some music as she sips on her coffee and read the magazine quietly.

 

“But who’s that girl in the same shoot as Yoona ssi this time?” The group of guys continues to discuss about the photo shoot, and BoA is already in her own world, oblivious to her surrounding.

 

“A rookie model?”

 

“She looks great too. And even though they are both girls, she and Yoona ssi look so great together.”

 

“Don’t she have a very innocent vibe, like Yoona ssi?”

 

“By the way, guys, this is random but don’t that person over there seem kind of weird.” One of the guys pointed at the petite girl sitting on her own at the corner.

 

“What’s weird about her?”

 

“She pulls up her hood in a café. I saw her doing that just now. I mean, there’s no sunlight or rain in the café. Why would she pull it up suddenly?”

 

“Style?”

 

“Whatever. I’m going to take a look.”

 

“What if she accuses you of harassment? Approaching a stranger like that, you must be crazy.”

 

The guy ignores his friends and makes his way towards the girl who is obviously still in her own world. Her attention is on the magazine while her ears are plugged with earpieces.

 

“Excuse me.” The guy spoke, but there’s no response. No response! I told you she’s weird. He mouthed that while looking at his friends. His friends got up from their seats as well and stand beside him, staring at the girl. They can’t see her face with the cap and hood blocking. “Excuse me, miss.” The guy tried again but still, there’s no response. They even sit down but nothing happen.

 

“She’s definitely weird. Is she deaf?”

 

The guys look at each other and shrugged. One of them tapped her on her shoulder, surprising her. And it surprised her even more when she notices that there are people sitting in front of her. Removing one of the earpieces, she stares at them with the magazine blocking the lower part of her face for a moment.

 

“…. Yes?” She asked, confused about the situation.

 

“I’m sorry about all these but I just thought it’s weird when you pull up your hood suddenly in a café. I’m one of those very curious type so I wanted to ask you… S… Sorry.” No matter how he explains, it’s just so ridiculous that these guys approach her just because she acts weirdly.

 

Did they notice that I’m the one in the pictures and want to punish me for being so close to Yoona ssi.? BoA gulped as she flipped her magazine to its cover and kept it in her bag, ready to leave.

 

“I… I need to go now. Bye.” BoA stood up and bowed, leaving without answering the guy. Just then, one of the guys grab her wrist, shocking her. “…. Y… Yes?”

 

“O… Oh crap. Sorry. I didn’t mean to… Erm… I just find you familiar. Did I see you before?” The guy let go of her quickly, regretting his actions.

 

“You must be mistaken. My look is common so maybe you mistook me as someone you meet before. I have to go now. Bye.” BoA bowed again and left quickly. After exiting the café, she let out a sigh of relief. I think being in the same photo shoot as Yoona ssi is really dangerous… She thought, as she strolls down the street, with her cap pulled even lower.

 

“We scared her away….” Meanwhile, the guys are still sitting at the table that BoA is sitting at earlier. “But she really looks familiar though… Where did I see her before?”

 

“She says her look is common.”

 

“How can her look be common?! I saw her face earlier on, okay? She’s pretty. Very pretty.”

 

“Whatever.” The rest of the guys sighed and continue to read their magazines. Giving up on trying to remember who is that girl, the guy returns his magazine as well, and he almost screamed.

 

“Y… YAH! No wonder she looks familiar!” He shouted, softly, to his friends. “I just saw her face on this magazine! Of course she looks familiar!”

 

“What?”

 

“This girl! The one with Yoona ssi!” The guy pointed to the picture of BoA in the magazine excitedly to his friends.

 

“SERIOUS?!”

 

With that, the group of guys got up and went out of the café quickly, looking around for the petite girl who is still strolling peacefully. Obviously, they saw her and ran after her.

 

“You’re this girl, right?” The guys appeared beside BoA suddenly with the magazine flipped to the page with her photo, shocking her once again. “I knew you look familiar. You’re this girl, aren’t you?”

 

“H… Huh?” BoA stares at the magazine, still shocked. What…? They didn’t realize it just now…? So they really thought that I’m weird and approached out of curiosity..?

 

“Sorry for doing this even though we don’t know each other, but can you remove your cap? I’m so sorry for the rudeness but we really want to clarify something.”

 

“BoA ssi!” Just then, a guy came and pushed the guys away. “What’s going on? Are they bullying you?”

 

“Oh, Sooyoung ssi. N… No. They are asking me something.” BoA replied. Sooyoung turns to look at the guys and saw the magazine in their hands, understanding the situation immediately.

 

“Oh~ You’re getting fans already?” Sooyoung asked, taking the magazine from the guys and flipping through it. “The photos came out really well.”

 

“So you’re really that girl in the magazine?” Hearing that, the guys became excited suddenly.

 

“Wait. So you guys didn’t know?” Sooyoung stared blankly. “Okay…. Sorry about that, BoA ssi. Need to run?”

 

“… Maybe?” BoA replied, looking at the guys with a worried look.

 

“Let’s go then~” Sooyoung grabs BoA’s hand and runs off quickly, slightly dragging the girl. After a while, Sooyoung stops, confident that they had lose those guys already. “So, are they fans or anti?”

 

“I don’t know. Probably anti though, since in the photo shoot….” BoA sighed.

 

“Well, who knows? Let’s go meet up with Yoongie now. We are actually at a restaurant nearby earlier on and saw those guys creeping up on you. Can you still run?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“Erm yea. Are we really far from where we were just now?”

 

“Kind of….” Sooyoung replied, scratching her head while sticking her tongue out. “I guess I should carry you. Come on.”

 

“N… No it’s okay.”

 

“Just get on. Quick.” Sooyoung kneels down in from of BoA, with her back facing the girl. BoA stands still and stares, not knowing whether she should really get on. However, while she is hesitating, Sooyoung got impatient and stood up. With fast movements, she carried the petite girl in bridal style and started running back to where Yoona is at. However, the doe-eye girl is nowhere to be seen when they got back. “Wait here, BoA ssi. I will go find her.” Sooyoung puts BoA down and walks away, sniffing the air for Yoona’s scent.

 

“Yoongie, you here?” Following the scent, Sooyoung arrives at a dark alley.

 

“Great. Both of you are now here.” Just then,  a voice echoed throughout the alley. Sooyoung looks around and notices Yoona standing at the end of the alley, staring at the sky. A dark figure drops from the sky suddenly and lands behind Sooyoung with little sound.

 

“Oh. I thought who was it. So it’s just a noob vampire that the academy sent to kill us?” Sooyoung smirks as she cracks her knuckles. Standing right there, is a vampire with his fangs bared. Sooyoung had already predicted the result of this fight. Like always, it’s going to be her win.