Blood XXIII

Bitten

 

“No he’s not. I am.” The muscular guy confessed as he stood in front of the short one, getting into a protective stance.

 

“C… C… Changmin ssi…” While the others are still confused by the guy’s shocking confession, the short girl turns around to whisper to the guy holding her. “I… It hurts…”

 

“I know… It’s normal, BoA ssi… I’m sorry but you have to get through this. I promised hyung to protect you so…” Changmin sighed.

 

“I… I know… I will.” BoA flashes him a weak smile, before turning back to face the front. It’s obvious to the other two girls that there’s something wrong with her. The doe-eye girl turns to face her girlfriend with a worried look.

 

Do you think…

 

I think so… The tall girl frowned.

 

“What the meaning of this, Jong Kook hyung?” The tall guy finally spoke after a long silence.

 

“I never like the academy. Just like Sooyoung ssi, I’m just a successful experiment by the academy. My family ended up dying because of my rage. I killed my own family because of what the academy do to me!” Jong Kook is still calm to a certain extent.

 

“Experiment…? I thought the only successful one is Sooyoung…?” The tall guy is getting more confused.

 

“No she isn’t. I’m also a successful experiment, created to destroy the monster, Choi Sooyoung. They wanted to use my rage against hers but I ended up killing my family instead. It’s because of her that all these happened. Sorry to say this but the reason why I work for you is because I’m trying to track her down. And at last, I found her but you, Principal, are actually being so friendly with her. Just because of this girl! This girl that you love!”

 

“D… Don’t talk crap!” Yunho retorted, slightly happy that the girl doesn’t understand what they are talking about. He fails to realize that the girl is staring at him weakly, with an obvious shocked expression.

 

… Youngie… It seems like she… Yoona noticed it and nudged Sooyoung, feeling sad and worried at the same time.

 

She’s doing well, Yoongie…

 

“Now, please make way while I bring the monster down. Haha is never part of this. I got him to help me to take care of the Wilds, since it’s inconvenient for me to do it directly. So leave him alone.”

 

“You will need to get past me first then…” Yunho steps up. “I won’t let anyone else get hurt.”

 

“Fine then. I shall take you down first. Thanks for your kindness all these while and sorry.” With that, Jong Kook charges towards Yunho, pinning him down within seconds.

 

“Be careful. I’m releasing now.” Changmin whispered to BoA, who nodded. Slowly, Changmin let go of the girl, who stood still for a moment. The pain is too much.

 

“Jong Kook hyung!!! Look out!” Just then, Haha shouted suddenly and make a jump towards the figure that is jumping on Jong Kook suddenly. However, Changmin stopped him easily and pinned him down.

 

“AHHH!!!” Jong Kook screamed when something sharp digs into his shoulder.

 

“B… B… BoA ssi…?!” Yunho managed to catch a glimpse of the attacker and got an awful surprise. “W… When…”

 

“Go away!” Jong Kook reaches to his back and grabs the girl by her hand, flinging her away. Sooyoung went to catch her quickly, preventing her from hitting the wall. Yunho took this chance to strike Jong Kook, and with some difficulties, he barely managed to knock the guy out.

 

“C… Changmin… Please explain this to me…” Yunho pants, pointing to the petite girl in Sooyoung’s arms, who couldn’t stay still for a reason.

 

“The Wilds got her before I arrive…” Changmin replied. “I… I had to give her some human blood to… save her…”

 

“S…. Sooyoung ssi…” The petite girl grips the sleeves of the tall girl’s shirt tightly. The pain is unbearable and is burning after she attacked the muscular guy.

 

“I’m sorry, BoA ssi.” Yoona came and apologized as she knocks the girl out.

 

“YOONA!!” Yunho screamed.

 

“SHE’S IN PAIN, PRINCIPAL!” Sooyoung screamed in reply. “Do you want her to end up like me?! A monster?!” That left Yunho speechless. He felt sorry. He wanted to find a less painful way for the girl but it still ended up like this. But he has no time for this. The muscular guy starts to move again, and soon, Yunho is send flying into the office and clashing out of the window.

 

“YUNHO HYUNG!!” Changmin screamed.

 

“Come here, Choi Sooyoung…” Jong Kook stood up and glared at the tall girl.

 

“Take care of BoA ssi.” Sooyoung moves the petite girl away from her embrace and towards Yoona, before standing up to face the guy. “Alright then. Let’s do this.”

 

Much to the guy’s surprise, he got a scar on his chest instantly. The speed of the girl is no joke. Soon, he got another one on his back. Knowing that he has to concentrate now, he starts his attacks too. Yoona could see it clearly, the attacks and counterattacks between the two vampires. She watches the fight intensely, worrying about her girlfriend’s safety. But that didn’t stop her from being able to detect the incoming attack from her back. With little effort, she sends the two remaining vampires out of the window while protecting the unconscious girl.

 

“Your speed isn’t bad, Frankenstein.” Sooro smirks, walking closer to the two girls and received a blow in his stomach immediately. “Argh!”

 

“Stay away from us.” Yoona warned. Of course, the warning has no use on Sooro. Another fight broke out and though Yoona is busy protecting the petite girl as well, she’s winning. She broke Sooro’s right leg and left arm off its joint easily with just one hand, leaving the guy hopping around and trying to maintain his balance.

 

“… Y… You…” Sooro’s face became slightly distorted due to the pain. It’s terrifying how this girl pulled off his limbs so easily without a sign of hesitation. A monster, probably second to the tall girl. Or worse, this girl is even more monstrous than the tall girl.

 

“Awake? Is it still painful?” Yoona felt the girl stirring about in her embrace and knew that the girl is up.

 

“… N… No… It’s not painful anymore…” The petite girl replied weakly.

 

“Okay, BoA ssi. Please do me a favor and go check that window. It’s being a while since Yunho oppa went out from there.” Yoona pointed to the broken window and BoA nodded, getting up and running towards the window. Sooro tried to stop her but Yoona blocked him. “Your opponent is me, Mr Kim Sooro.” She said, with a grim smile. Sooro gulped, knowing that it’s time for his death.