Blood XXIV

Bitten

 

The petite girl looks out from the window, at the area where the tall guy is supposed to be at, but she couldn’t find him.

 

Just because of this girl! This girl that you love! Suddenly, Jong Kook’s words flash into her mind and she could feel that her cheeks are burning at the thought of it. She never knows that the tall guy has feelings for her and she didn’t know how she felt towards the guy. However, she knows that it’s not the time to think about that now. She has to find him first. Carefully, she climbs on the edge of the window and stares at the trees underneath.

 

I… I can do this… She lets out a deep breath and jumps off from the edge. Much to her disbelief, she finds herself being unable to move as she starts to fall. The fear in her is stopping her from being able to move accordingly to her brain’s command. Move, legs! Move! I have to land properly! She keeps on trying to move her legs but she continues to fall without moving an inch. Just when she’s about to give up, someone caught her in midair and brought her down to the ground safely.

 

“Silly girl. Why are you stoning in midair?” It’s him. He’s safe.

 

“Y… Yunho ssi! Are you okay…?” The girl asked, worriedly.

 

“Yea. Just a cut on my cheek and nothing else. But why are you stoning in midair? It’s dangerous, you know…”

 

“I couldn’t move… I’m scared…”

 

“Silly. How’s the rest, by the way? Are they okay?” Yunho asked, suddenly remembering about the Wilds and Jong Kook.

 

“Sooyoung ssi is fighting that muscular guy…”

 

“What? Crap.” Yunho cursed softly under his breath as he carries the girl up easily and starts to jump, climbing the wall like it’s nothing. He arrives at the highest level where the fights are at, and he saw Sooro lying motionlessly at a side, badly twisted. The doe-eye girl is standing by the door, staring at the fight between the tall girl and the muscular guy. Something about her stance tells Yunho that she’s going to interfere soon. Sure enough, when the muscular guy happens to pass by in front of her, she strikes him hard with a punch.

 

“ARGH!” The vampire fell to the ground, holding his ribs area. That punch broke his ribs and it cuts his lungs, making it difficult for him to breathe properly. He got up quickly, after getting another hit from the tall girl.

 

“Yoongie…” The tall girl turns to the doe-eye girl and both of them nodded after exchanging glances. No one except them knows what it means. Yoona ran towards the vampire at her fastest speed, which is still slow for the vampire. Her arms got caught instantly but she doesn’t seem to be bothered about that. Sooyoung went behind the vampire and hits him from his back, and Yoona knee-kicked him from the front after twisting his arms and breaking them. With a high kick from mid air, Sooyoung sends the guy sprawling to the ground.

 

“Those two… The ability to be able to communicate with just their minds gave them tremendous advantage. Their capability in terms of fighting skills are of a higher level than the others. I don’t think anyone will want to be their opponent, to be honest…” Yunho sighed as he watches how the muscular vampire struggles to keep himself alive. BoA nods slightly in agreement to that. The teamwork of the two girls is just too strong. Right now, the both of them have almost, or completely, zero weakness. Sooyoung is now immune to vampire blood and Yoona can evade high-speed movement easily.

At last, after struggling for so long, Jong Kook’s body couldn’t keep up anymore. He fell flat to the ground, unable to move. His breathing starts to get harder and faster, and his limbs are completely useless.

 

“To be able to keep up until now, Jong Kook isn’t a easy opponent as well.” Yunho added.

 

“Are you going to give up?” Sooyoung squats down in front of Jong Kook and asks.

 

“Just kill me off, but please don’t hurt Haha. He got nothing to do with these. He’s just working according to what I ask him to.” Jong Kook pants.

 

“I’m not going to attack anymore. You will still die anyway. About your dear dongsaeng, I can’t promise that if he happens to offend me in any way.” Sooyoung sits down, crossing her legs and relaxing completely. Yoona squats down behind her and leans on her back, resting her head on Sooyoung’s shoulders comfortably.

 

“Girls…” Yunho approaches them, with BoA following behind.

 

“Principal! You’re alright, aren’t you?” Sooyoung asked, scanning for any injuries on the guy’s arms and face. She only saw one cut on his cheek, and nothing else.

 

“Yea I’m alright.” Yunho did a thumb-up. “Aren’t you a little too cruel to let him suffer so much before dying…?”

 

“I thought he will want to stay alive till his lungs can last, no?” The tall girl turns to face the muscular guy who is not responding. He doesn’t have the energy to respond anymore. “Mm… He’s going to die soon anyway.”

 

“Changmin ah, I think you can let go off that guy. He’s harmless.” Yunho signaled to his dongsaeng to come over. Changmin nodded and let go off the short guy, who ran to Jong Kook immediately.

 

“Hyung! Hyung, answer me!” Haha shook Jong Kook and he only gets a smile as a reply. “I’m sorry, hyung… It’s because I’m useless… I’m so sorry…”

 

“T… T… Thank y… you…” Jong Kook managed to say that out weakly, to Haha. And that was the last thing he ever gets to say.

 

“HYUNG!! HYUNG WAKE UP!” Haha keeps on shaking the lifeless body with tears flowing out like no tomorrow. “Hyung….”

 

“Yah… It’s ugly. Wipe away your tears, idiot.” Sooyoung stares at the short guy with a disgusted look.

 

“Y… You! You are the one that kill Jong Kook hyung!” Haha screamed, jumping at the tall girl but the doe-eye girl, as expected, caught him instantly.

 

“Your hyung wants you to stay alive so I don’t think it’s a good idea to attack us, you know…” Sooyoung sighed. Seeing that the guy calmed down, Yoona let go of him slowly. After so much trouble, the battle ended, with only six survivors. They don’t know how many students are still alive, but the Wilds are completely wiped out. At least it ended.