Blood XI

Bitten

 

“I… I’m so sorry about earlier…” Yoona apologized, looking at BoA with an apologetic look.

 

“… I… It’s okay…” BoA replied. What shocked her the most isn’t the tackle, but the black eyes of the doe-eye girl. It is so black that no light is reflected, making it seems as though it’s hollow. It’s terrifying but it makes her curious as well. “Y… Your eyes…”

 

“I… I have an illness. It’s a very strange illness that even the doctors didn’t know about. I have to drink a special kind of drink to change it back to its normal state.” Yoona lied. Sooyoung came out from the kitchen, with a glass of red liquid in her hand and handed it to Yoona casually. To make sure that BoA will not smell it, Yoona is sitting at somewhere far from BoA. The curious girl watches as the doe-eye girl gulps down the red liquid, and indeed, her eyes are returning to normal.

 

“What’s that red liquid?” BoA asked. “Can I try it?”

 

“N… No. Only people with the illness can drink it. It’s a very special drink that will have bad effects on people that didn’t have the illness.” Sooyoung answered, slightly flustered. She couldn’t help but to detect the sweet smell coming from BoA, and she knows that the situation is the same for the tall guy who is sitting beside BoA as well. Yoona stares at the two vampires as they lean closer to the girl in the middle, sniffing her quietly.

 

“…” Yoona sighed and stood up, kicking Sooyoung away and flinging Yunho off the sofa. “BoA ssi, you need to be more caution about you surroundings, okay? Who knows, maybe some WOLVES will come and pounce on you suddenly, and eat you up.” BoA is obviously clueless about whatever she’s talking about, while the two vampires are groaning on the floor.

-----

With a cap on, hood pulled up and a shades on, the petite girl strolls down the street casually. Just when she thought the day is going fine without any surprises for her, she tripped on something and fell forward. Lucky for her, someone caught her before she hits the ground. She looks up to see a well-covered face of a guy, who seems to be smelling her somehow. She moves away quickly and thanks the guy for helping her, before walking away as fast as she could. This guy gives her a bad feeling but she doesn’t know why.


“AB…” The guy smirks under his mask and disappears into the dark alley nearby. Just right after the mysterious person disappears, a tall guy comes out from the convenience store nearby and sensed a cold atmosphere instantly. His eyes dart around as he tries to pick out suspicious people from the passer-by.


“Strange…” He murmured, noting that there’s nothing. His attention shifted towards the alley suddenly and he noticed a shadow jumping up into the air and disappearing. “Crap. It’s them!” Cursing under his breath, the guy followed his instinct and ended up outside an apartment. Is he staying here or… Harming people…?


“Ahh!!! Oppa!” Just then, a girl’s voice came from within the apartment and it sounded awfully familiar.


“… B… BoA ssi…? BOA SSI!” Realizing who’s the girl, the tall guy kicked the door open immediately and saw the shadow from earlier pinning the girl to the ground. “Yah!” Angered, the guy charged forward and flung the shadow away from the girl. “BoA ssi, are you okay?”


“Y… Yunho ssi…?” BoA stares at the guy blankly, not knowing why this guy is here. Though confused, she’s glad that he came. The shadow regained from the attack and pounced at Yunho immediately, while Yunho seems defenseless. “YUNHO SSI! Look out!” BoA tries to pull Yunho away but the latter didn’t move. She didn’t even manage to catch what the guy did, but the shadow got flung against the wall again. It’s then she realizes that Yunho’s gold eyes had turned black.

 

“I… I’m sorry, BoA ssi. Can you please go back to your room first? It might get a bit ugly here.” Yunho requested, as he helps the girl up. He noticed the guy lying on the floor, lifeless and bloodless. “I feel sorry about your oppa. I will help you avenge for him, okay? Stay in your room.”

 

Though confused and curious, BoA nodded and went into her room. The shadow makes an attempt to jump at her while she moves, but Yunho blocked it easily. Seeing that, BoA ran into her room and shut the door. Something tells her that she should trust Yunho and follow what he says.

 

“You got the guts to attack them…” Yunho grabs the collar of the shadow and stares at it. The language that he uses, is only understood by vampires. He didn’t want BoA to understand any of these.

 

“Your blood… You must be the Principal. Nice to meet you.” The shadow smirks. “But what is the Principal doing, protecting a human like that? We are supposed to kill them, not protect them.”

 

“That’s my own problem. Why are you attacking them in the first place?”

 

“She’s a AB. You know how sweet AB are and often targeted. It’s rare in the first place, and now it’s even more rare. I just want to taste it. That O guy got in the way so I had to kill him first.”

 

“Let me tell you this. She’s a AB that you should never ever touch, get it? She has two forces behind her to protect her, not including me. Forces that are much stronger than weaklings like you. Mess with her and you guys will be wiped out in one second. Remember that and go inform the rest of the weaklings out there.” Yunho threatens, as he crushed arms of the vampire, before tossing him out of the window easily. He watched as the shadow drops to the ground and getting up to run away. “BoA ssi, you can come out now.” Switching back to human language, Yunho knocks on the door of BoA’s bedroom.

 

“H… He’s gone…?” BoA opens the door slightly, peeking out. For no good reason, Yunho finds it adorable and started smiling like an idiot. “W… Why are you smiling like that, Yunho ssi…?”

 

“I… It’s nothing. And yea, he’s gone. I taught him a lesson already. I believe he won’t come back again but about your brother… I’m sorry that I couldn’t help…”

 

“He… He’s trying to protect me…” BoA started to sniff uncontrollably. Tears start to swell up in her eyes. “That guy appears behind me suddenly when I got home and pounced on me… Oppa tried to stop him and…”

 

“And he got bitten…?”

 

“I… I don’t know what happened but the guy suddenly have these two sharp teeth and he bit oppa… And oppa collapsed…” At the thought of her brother’s death, BoA started crying. Yunho felt a sharp pain in his heart and he pulled the girl into his embrace, wanting to comfort her. “Yunho ssi… Thank you.”


“I will protect you, BoA ssi. Don’t worry.” Yunho pats the back of the girl gently. The sweet smell of the girl’s blood is threatening to bring out the monster from within him but he knows it well that he won’t be able to do it to her. “BoA ssi… Do you want to move over to live with us? Now that you’re alone…”


“… Y… Yunho ssi…”


“I’m afraid that you will be in danger. It’s better if you can move over to live with us. We will protect you.”


“But, why…? Why will I be in danger?”


“Let’s just say that you’re a very rare treasure and there are people out there that want to harm you. And I, together with Sooyoung and Yoona, will be able to protect you.”


“… A… Araso.” BoA nodded, agreeing to move over. Seeing that, Yunho’s face brightens up immediately. He can see her daily now, for the whole day.


“But BoA ssi… Is it alright if you share a room with me? Sooyoung’s room might not have enough space for another bed. I promise you and guarantee you that I won’t do anything to you. I swear it on my life.”


“…. I… I… I guess it’s… alright…” BoA was hesitant about it but she chose to trust that this guy here is a true gentleman and will not do her harm. It’s going to be awkward, but she knows that she will get use to it eventually.