Chapter 25

Time After Time.

 

                Seunghyun was being a gentleman because he helped me carry my stuffs without me saying a word at all. We got on a cab and silence engulfed over us again. I kind of feel uncomfortable like this.

                When I looked out the window of the cab, what I saw was absolutely breathtaking. The streets, the architecture, the people; it was so different from Seoul. I felt like I just travelled back in time. We arrived at the hotel and it was quite enormous. Seunghyun walked quickly to the reception counter and leaving me slightly behind as I tried to catch up with him. Well, I guess he was dying to get some rest since it was almost midnight here.

                “May I help you sir?” The receptionist asked with a huge smile on her face.

                “I’ve reserved a room here under the name Choi Nikki.”

                “Let me just check for you alright.” The receptionist stared at her monitor and gave a slight frown before facing Seunghyun again.

                “I’m sorry but there isn’t any reservation under this name.”

                “Ahh… Right. Is there any vacant rooms available?” He seemed rather annoyed.

                “There is one available room with one queen-sized bed. That wouldn’t be a problem right since the both of you are a couple.” The receptionist smiled widely at us.

                “We’re not a couple.” I said waving my hands eagerly as I don’t want her to get the wrong idea.

                “Aw, don’t be shy! Almost everyone is here for a honeymoon! So would you like to take the room, sir?”

                “Yes please.”

                “What? Are you crazy?” I hissed at him.

                “What’s wrong with that? We’re only here for 4 days and it’s almost midnight, we don’t have that much of a choice.” I kept quiet as he reprimanded me.

                “Enjoy your stay and one more thing, our rooms are kind of sound proof so you can enjoy as much as you like. Goodnight!” Seunghyun giggled and I couldn’t imagine what my face would have looked like. Does she really have to say that? God, this is so embarrassing…

                I washed up quickly and changed into my sweater as it was quite chilly here and the heater didn’t seem to be switched on. I took my spot at the couch and rummaged through the wardrobe for a blanket and took one pillow from the bedroom while Seunghyun was taking a shower. As I was drifting to sleep, Seunghyun called out to me and it woke me up.

                “Why are you sleeping there?” A crease formed between his eyebrows.

                “Well, it’s not right to be sleeping on the bed… with you.” I said awkwardly.

                “The couch is not going to be comfortable. I don’t want you waking up tomorrow completely paralyzed.”

                “It’s fine.” I assured him but he doesn’t seem to be convinced.

                “Park Bom, do you want to move to the bed by yourself or do I have to do it for you?” He’s threatening me now?! What is wrong with this guy?! Grr! FINE! I’ll move.

                “Screw you. It’s just a goddamn couch.” I mumbled to myself while picking up the pillow.

                “What was that?” His eyes piercing like a knife, he could actually be scary sometimes.

                “N…nothing.” I quickly took my side on the bed as Seunghyun stood at the door, staring at me.

                How the hell I’m I supposed to fall asleep on the SAME bed with him while sharing the SAME blanket in the SAME room? All I could hear was him breathing in and out and the constant heaving up and down of his body tells me that he’s officially asleep while I’m just lying here staring at the ceiling. Life is so unfair. I was doing fine at the couch, and now he just had to make me sleep here.

                I didn’t want to wake him up with my constant twisting and turning, so I got up, grabbed my book and went into the toilet. Yes, I chose the toilet because the lighting is good and I didn’t want to open the bedroom door as I knew that Seunghyun’s a light sleeper. If he wakes up, he’s going to make a lot of noise about me reading things at inappropriate time of the night.

                Page by page, I started to get drowsy and I guess eventually, I fell asleep with the story still in my mind.

 

-Seunghyun-

                I couldn’t fall asleep. Maybe it was a bad idea for us to be on the same bed. The tension between us just makes me go crazy.

                I heard her moving multiple times on the bed, I guess she couldn’t sleep either. She disappeared into the bathroom but she’s taking awhile isn’t she? It’s quite chilly as well and the temperature in the bathroom is lower, I wonder if she is alright in there.

                No, I can’t wait any longer. I got and walked towards the bathroom door. Surprisingly, it was not locked. I wonder why. As I carefully open the door, I found her leaning against the bathtub with a book in her hand and completely knocked out. I picked up the book and folded the page. Why does she always fall asleep in weird places? Once again, I carried her back to the bed. Her hands and feet were so cold, I’m afraid she might have a fever the next day.

                I tugged the blanket around her firmly, hoping that it would keep her warm. She automatically curled up in a ball and shivered a little. I stared at the silhouette of her face, my heart skipped a beat. I now realized how much I’ve missed her. How much I wanted to hold her right now but I know that I can’t. I can’t lose my composure so easily. However, my body doesn’t listen to my brain. I found my hands slowly creeping up to hers under this thick blanket. Once my fingertips touched the palm of her hand, I couldn’t help but hold onto it tightly. I really don’t want to let you go again. Not this time… But how can I overcome myself?

                I would have woken Park Bom up to enjoy the morning together but I realized that she had a fever. I went to turn up the heater so that she wouldn’t feel cold, adjusted the blanket for her and as usual, I sat there and stare at her beautiful face. Her sleeping face will always be my favourite.

 

-Park Bom-

                As I rubbed my eyes, I felt like my body lack energy for me to move or get up. I looked left then right; Seunghyun was sitting on the chair at the corner of the room and staring at me again. The awkwardness hit me once more and I wanted to get up quickly and escape from his gaze. Unfortunately, when I pushed myself up and fell back down and my head started to hurt.

                “You have a slight fever. Don’t get up.” Seunghyun’s lips moved slowly. I was still dazed so I didn’t give him any replies.

                “I’ll call room service, just rest.” He said again and left the room.

                All I could do was wait. I didn’t want to ‘disobey’ him and take any risks of getting a scolding from him. I stared out the balcony; it looked so beautiful out there. WHY DID I EVEN FALL SICK TODAY?! I shouldn’t have read that book in the bathroom and I must have fallen back to sleep because I couldn’t see those railings outside on the balcony anymore…

                For almost the whole day, I spent the day in and out of the bed or the couch and waking up and falling back to sleep. When I woke up again, Seunghyun was still working on the dining table, now I know why Haejin unnie complained. He doesn’t seem to be getting off the laptop any time soon. There was a knock at the door and it was room service. Seunghyun called me over to have dinner on the table; I obeyed as I was kind of starving.

                Even though the food was all over the table, Seunghyun was still typing nonstop. It annoyed me so I shot him a question.

                “Why are you such a workaholic?” I gazed into his eyes which were still focused on his laptop.

                “Probably to keep myself sane.” His eyes shot back at me.

                “You’re already sane enough.” I argued.

                “No. Not right now. Something is driving me crazy and I can’t handle it.”

                Was that supposed to be about me? No, I shouldn’t assume. I ate in silence and when I wanted to get up, the dizziness and the light headedness got the best of me and if it wasn’t for the chair beside me, I would have face palm the floor by now.

                Seunghyun probably saw that humiliating scene. He got up and suddenly carried me. I was speechless but with so little strength, I just let him carry me to the bed. My face was probably burning in embarrassment. I felt like a little kid, not knowing how to take care of myself.

 

-Seunghyun-

                I can’t concentrate on my work. I kept walking back and forth between the bedroom and the living room. I bet it was more than 10 times. I felt her forehead with the back of my hand. Her temperature seems to be higher. I went into the bathroom and grabbed a small towel, damp it with cold water and place it on her forehead. I sat on the floor with my chin resting on my arms, staring at her again. I feel like such a . Always staring at her when she’s asleep, but what to do, she’s too gorgeous.

 

*Alrighty! I'm done with Chapter 25! I don't think it was that interesting as I wanted it to be. Blahhh. K, I've already started on Chapter 26. So this time, you guys wouldn't have to wait for soooo long. Apologies for being slow all the time. :/ Hope you'll enjoy this alright!*