Chapter 18

Time After Time.

 

The slightly warm sunlight entered my eyes forcing me to split my lids open slightly. I looked around slowly and saw Jiyong dozing off with Chaerin’s head on his lap. They look so perfect together, just staring at them made my heart ache so badly. Man, she’s really gone for good.

                I got up slowly as I was still feeling a little light-headed and walked towards the toilet. Unfortunately, I forgot that I was attached to the drip and caused it to fall on the floor.

                “Hyung!”
                “Oppa!” Jiyong and Chaerin jerked up in unison.

                “Ah.. Sorry about that.” I apologized, picking up the drip. Somehow, I lose my balance and ended up on the floor. Jiyong gasped and helped me up.

                “Hyung, slowly.” Jiyong said, holding me up and helped me to the toilet.

                Even though I was in the toilet, I could hear the muffled conversations between Jiyong and Chaerin.

                “What did Bommie unnie say last night then?”

                “She just asked me to look after him.” Jiyong’s voice was slightly softer but I managed to figure out what he was saying.

                “Don’t you think she’s a little heartless, oppa? Leaving Seunghyun oppa like that.”

                “Chaerin ah. She might seem heartless, but my gut tells me that she loves him too. She’s just not admitting it to herself, I don’t know how long this is going to last but if she doesn’t plan to come back soon, I don’t want hyung to be stuck in the past.” I heard every word. But still, it pains me because I know she won’t be coming back anytime soon. She wants to go. And the only choice I have left is to move on.

                Jiyong persuaded me to stay over at his house for the time being. I guess he didn’t want me to drown myself in Jack Daniel’s again. On the way there, I didn’t talk much and I felt him eyeing me every 5 minutes. It’s a little uncomfortable. So I popped on my Dr. Dre headphones and my iPod on shuffle.

                GD & TOP’s ‘Oh Yeah’ came on and helped me pushed away all the thoughts. Unfortunately, the next song totally ruined my denial of reality. I didn’t skip it though.

                I wish you shelter from the storm
                A cozy fire to keep you warm
                But most of all, when snowflakes fall
                I wish you love
                My breaking heart and I agree
                That you and I could never be
                So with my best, my very best
                I set you free

                Yep… I set her free and I should set myself free as well.

 

-3 months went by-

                “Why would want to work in the office instead? I thought you liked it back at the shop?” My aunt keeps questioning me.

                “I just wanna experience something new I guess? Come on, let me do it.”

                “Like father like son.”

                “Urgh..” I rolled my eyes at her before turning away.

                “Yah! Seunghyun! I didn’t give you my answer yet, where you going?”

                “Just call me when you’ve already decided.” I opened the door and walk off.

                I want to work in the office… I don’t want to work in the store anymore. It’ll only remind me of her, but I can’t tell Nikki that right. Aish, it’s already been 3 damn months Seunghyun! Get the together already.

                I opened the door of my room back at the store. The memories came rushing in again. The bed, where she slept on it twice. The couch, where I held her hand so tight. The table and chairs where she used to work on. Everything about this place only reminds me of her. I can’t possibly be spending my days here any longer. I’ll go crazy, really crazy.

                To fix that, I moved out from the store and bought myself a nice penthouse. Ironically, I ended up living next door to her old place. I really pity myself, but since she’s not coming back anyway, it doesn’t really matter anymore.

                While sitting in the living room and enjoying my wine, my phone rang.

                “Seunghyun, I’ve decided. You can work in the office.” She seems unwilling, but I don’t really care.

                “Thanks. I owe you one.”

                “You owe me many actually.” She teased me but it’s true. She’s like my second mum. I hung up soon after and decided to wash up and go to bed. And this is one of the hardest parts of the day for me.

                The constant fear of having nightmares. They roam in my sleep every single night. I would find myself screaming and sweating in bed with those scary things in my head. It’s always about me running away from something or someone and she was always crying and being tortured by the darkness. I couldn’t save her in my dream. It’s like having glass shards piercing through my body every time she screams. Alcohol was the only solution to reduce those torturous dreams and with all the silence, it gets worst day by day.

                Why do I feel so lonely all the ing time?

 

*Done with another update! Sorry for the wait. It's short, goddamnit. Really sorry about that. I hope you guys would be anticipating for the next next chapter. (SPOILER) I'll be fast-forwarding their time. Teehee. Once again thank you so much, I've more than 4000+ views. I really appreciate it, thankyou and please look forward to the next chapter! Sorry if there's typo and such.*