Chapter 24

Time After Time.

 

Days, weeks, months, for god knows how long we’ve been trying to avoid each other. I haven’t seen him since the day I asked about us being strangers. I know it’s strange because we live next to each other.

                I’ve been leaving early to have breakfast at the café beside work before going in and Seunghyun’s been purposely working till late hours. I knew this because Haejin unnie has been complaining about how much of a workaholic he was recently. Everything should be fine this way right? I don’t have to see him neither does he, and nothing complicated would happen.

                Everyday went by quickly and I start to feel as if I’m losing each and every single one of my emotions slowly. I’ve been trying my best to occupy myself with something to do; this is to distract myself from thinking about him. I haven’t been going out to socialize much and this is why Jiyong and Chaerin are crashing in my place tonight. Somehow I don’t feel excited. It’s not that I don’t want to see them, it’s just that I don’t really want to be surrounded by people right now or maybe I’m just convincing myself that I’m actually fine and I don’t need Jiyong and Chaerin to come visit me and such.

                The bell rang and the lovebirds appeared in front of my door. I greeted them with a smile and welcome them inside.

                Chaerin was still as chatty as ever and I could see that she was trying her best to keep me entertained. We started baking cupcakes and Jiyong was screaming his off while playing the PS3. The cupcakes were marvelous and I couldn’t stop eating them.

                “Unnie! We should give some to Seunghyun oppa! He loves cupcakes.” Chaerin suddenly shouted, her eyes twinkling.

                “CHAERIN! WHAT DID I SAY?!” Jiyong suddenly screamed at her. Well, I guess I know what they’re trying to do. I switched glances between the both of them and sat down on the kitchen counter and watch them argue with one another.

                “I told you that you’re not even supposed to mention his name!” Jiyong shouted again.

                “I didn’t mean to say it. It just slipped out of my mouth.”

                “I said this so many times already! How can you forget?!” He’s getting on my nerves.

                “But Oppa…”

                “You two just stop it.” I cut Chaerin off.

                “Jiyong you’re being unreasonable and Chaerin don’t apologise to him either.”

                “Seunghyun is not a big deal okay and Chaerin if you want to give some to him then go ahead, he’s just next door. We still got plenty.” I continued. I think I actually lied about Seunghyun not being a big deal because if he wasn’t, I wouldn’t have been avoiding him.

                “I’m gonna go get some stuff downstairs.” I gave them an excuse and quickly left. What am I even doing?

                I took a walk at the nearby park and wondered around. I ended up sitting on the swing and the breeze blowing in my face made me feel better. I have decided. I will not try to avoid it anymore. Whatever happens happens. Eventually time will tell and if we’re meant to be or not, it’s up to fate to decide.

                When I got upstairs, Chaerin and Jiyong were totally at different corners of the house, apparently ignoring each other. This pair is adorable, but at times they get annoyed with one another easily. But somehow it makes sense right? If they didn’t love each other, they wouldn’t argue, so now, I think it’s my job to get them talking again. Knowing Chaerin, she won’t be able to hold it up for so long either.

                I picked up one of the PS3 consoles and called Chaerin over. She displayed as uncomfortable expression at first but obeyed me in the end. Jiyong was still concentrating on his Tekken but he wasn’t making as much noise and he kept losing. I know he’s being very conscious about Chaerin, I could see it in his face. I snatched Jiyong’s console and switched the game to two players. He gave me an annoyed face. Too bad Jiyong.

                I passed one console to Chaerin and gave the other back to Jiyong and I know that this was not going to be so easy unless there is a condition.

                “The loser drinks my special concoction.” I said before heading to the kitchen and pretended to find some ingredients. Both of them had probably turned white by now, they know how ‘special’ my concoction is. Jiyong tasted it once and he’s never going to touch it again.

                Well, after threatening them, they seem to be alright now. Chaerin was laughing hysterically and Jiyong was pretending to a monster from the closet. We decided to watch a movie afterwards and Chaerin fell asleep in Jiyong’s arms. I kind of feel like a block. Since she fell asleep I decided that we should get some sleep too. I asked if Jiyong wanted to go sleep upstairs but he said the couch would be fine for them.

                I am now alone in my room and I couldn’t help but reminisce the time I spent with Seunghyun. I used to always fall asleep when he was around in the house and he would tug me in bed afterwards. ‘I should snap myself out of it and get some sleep’, I said to myself.

                I had a meeting with Nikki unnie today and it was about the fashion week in Italy. She asked if I wanted to go and of course, I said yes. She also told me that I was going to go with another one of her colleagues but she hasn’t found one yet. She said she’ll find someone I know so I didn’t really worry about it.

                A week passed by and today, I’m flying off to Milan. As I sipped the Earl Grey Tea, I saw Nikki unnie walking towards me with a taller man behind her. I was stunned. Him again? Why does he always appear when I am trying so hard to forget him?

                Nikki unnie greeted me but Seunghyun didn’t even glance at me. I wouldn’t want to glance at him either. Nikki unnie started telling me all the details. We would be there for 4 days and 3 nights, I have a feeling that it was going to be a disaster. The Fashion Week was on the second day and for the rest, we could go do whatever we want.

                “Maybe the both of you could go shopping together.” Nikki unnie said smiling widely.

                “Who wants to go shopping with him? / Who wants to go shopping with her?” Seunghyun and I said at the same time and that made Nikki unnie burst into laughter.

                “Just take it as a date! Get some time off work!” I faked a smile and I don’t think it was convincing either.

                “Seunghyun, take care of Bommie! IF something were to happen to her, your aunt will kill you. Right away. Understand?”

                “Hmm.” Seunghyun replied half-heartedly.

                “Alright then the both of you should get going.” She hugged me tightly and patted Seunghyun’s face lightly.

                “Be a gentleman okay.” As I watched her small back drifting further and further away, I don’t feel like going anymore. Not with him.

                It was a little awkward on the plane. Seunghyun was sleeping soundly while I’m just sitting here, not know what to do because his head is slowly falling onto my shoulder.

                I stiffened my back when his head hit my shoulder. I slowly pushed him back up but instead he grabbed my wrist and looked at me with those sleepy eyes. Somehow, I think they were adorable.

                He shifted the armrest backwards so it wouldn’t be in between us and landed his head back on my shoulder again.

                “Don’t move.” He said softly while closing those pair of lids.

                After some time, I took a peek at his face and I could tell from those dark circles that he hasn’t been getting much sleep. I guess it’s really true that he was overworking.

The warmth on my shoulder just makes me want to cry.
So close but it seems so far. 

 

*WE'RE GOING TO ITALY ES. Please give me some comments. ;D And a little Skydragon doesn't hurt right. Keke. And credits to my special crazy friend who's given me the idea of the fashion week. I love you.*