Chapter 1

Time After Time.

 

“Park Bom is once again the top student for this semester! She’ll receive an internship at Instantlogy!” I heard the professor announced my name and all I could feel was the rate of my heartbeat. I’ve made it to one of the biggest clothing line in Korea. This has got to be the best day of my life, all my energy spent sewing the beads to the dress had paid off.

“Park Bom! The professor just called your name!” Jiyong’s voice brought me back to reality. I looked at him smiling from ear to ear and walked down the stairs to get my certificate. Another step to prove that old man wrong.

“See me after class, I’ll explain the details to you okay.” Professor Claire gave me her smile, and then asked me to go back to my seat for the time being.

                So basically, I’m Park Bom. I’m turning 19 this year; I’ve enrolled the Seoul School of Fashion since 16. The old man has never approved me of joining the fashion industry but he wouldn't care anyways, since I’m not his first wife’s daughter. Mum went to America to start another life with her new man; I’ve decided to not be a light bulb in their relationship and stayed in Korea to continue my studies. The old man bought me one of the most expensive penthouse in Korea, so that I would not be an eyesore to his first wife and kids, who are obviously, able to take over his company, unlike me who has no interest in business at all.

                I called my mum after I got home. She was screaming happily over the phone when I told her what I’ve received on that day, but she hung up after 10 minutes as she has an appointment to the spa with her friends. Professor Claire told me that Instantlogy really liked the dress that I designed and wanted me to work with them as an intern first. My work would start in 2 days, so for the time being I called Jiyong out to go shopping and kill time before the stress starts to eat on me again. Jiyong is probably the only friend I have in college. He always complains that I’m such an anti-social and I should learn to start talking to people other than him. He even accused me of having depression, which I do not. Who on earth could have so much energy to be hyper twenty-four seven like himself.

 

*First chapter done! Leave me some comments of what you think! (: