Chapter 20

Time After Time.

 

“Unnie! Sorry I’m late.” I said to Haejin unnie after running across this big lobby.

                “Aigoo, no need to apologise. The director is not here yet, so you are really lucky.” Wait, what director? I decided to ask her.

                “You met him today right? Choi Seunghyun. He’s like a substitute for Nikki-sshi right now since she’s overseas on a project.” She answered. Guess I would have to see him again. -_-

                We made our way into one of the halls in the hotel and I wasn’t surprise that the whole hall was decorated stylishly. This IS Instantlogy’s welcoming party after all.

                While waiting for the food to be served, I decided to ask Haejin unnie about Seunghyun. But of course, I have to act like I didn’t know him and it is safe to ask her as she didn’t know the he was my manager before.     

“So unnie, what is the director like?” I faked a curious expression.

                “Well, he’s Nikki-sshi’s nephew and he’s usually quiet and also an anti-social as well. He doesn’t really talk to anyone about his personal life, not even me really.” By just listening to her, I already felt guilty. Was I the cause of his change in personality? He looked so happy back then.

                I was still curious and wanted to know if he really forgotten about me.

                “Has he gotten into an accident or anything like that before?”

                “Not that I heard of but I don’t think so because I’ve been working as his secretary for almost 3 years now. Why would you say that?” She raised her eyebrows.

                “Nothing much unnie, he’s really popular in my department, so I heard a lot of rumors.” Gosh, why I’m I even doing this? I’m not the type to lie, what has gotten into your Park Bom? It’s already over a long time ago. Get over it. -_-

                “Oh look, he’s here.” I looked towards the direction where she’s pointing. The man I used to know. He still has that calmness in his face and that navy blue suit with those pair of Louboutins still look stunning on him. Still the same style like 3 years ago. I’m not even surprised.

                Even when he entered the room silently, all eyes were on him. Every step he took, heads turn. He suddenly made eye contact with me but looked away quickly with a smirk on his face. WHAT WAS THAT FOR?

                “Apologies for being late, now we shall start the party.” He bowed to the crowd and they went wild after he finished his sentence.

                It was around 9.30 p.m. and many people started dancing in the middle of the hall with their drinks. Unlike them, I was sitting quietly at one of the tables as I don’t know many people. When I thought I was going to die from boredom, a young man came over and asked me if I wanted to dance with him. I didn’t refuse though as he looked quite charming. He took my hand and led me to the middle of the hall.

                “You’re Park Bom right? I’m Youngbae.” He flashed me a cute smile.

                “Where have you heard of me?” I’ve never seen him before but he knows my name. That’s strange, I’m not really a socialite.

                “Nikki noona was talking about you the other day. She’s really happy that you’re here with her again.” I smile lightly, knowing that Nikki unnie appreciates me made me really happy.

                Youngbae told me many weird and unpredictable things that Nikki unnie does and it made me laugh hysterically. I was laughing so bad I was tearing and beating the table unbearably. Time flew by so fast and I was almost 1 in the morning. I must thank Youngbae for entertaining me for the night. Many people already left and I thought it was my turn too. I was about to leave but Haejin unnie held me back. She dragged me to join the small circle of people and introduced me to them. I bowed and forced out a convincing smile as I was really tired. When I raised my head up, Seunghyun’s eyes met with mine. I felt awkward and avoided his gaze.

                Youngbae stepped out and explained the game which we’re playing. It’s called ‘The King’ and whoever is the King gets to pick 2 numbers and can decides to do whatever with the two people who has those numbers. Youngbae dashed to one corner of the hall and came back with a large box.

                “To spice things up a little bit, the two numbers picked each round has to do something with one of these things in this box.” I’m sure his angelic smile is not as pure as everyone thinks. A container with chopsticks was passed around. The chopsticks have numbers on them except for one, which has a ‘King’ on it instead.

                The first few rounds went by and I didn’t get picked at all, which was kind of lucky. The people who were picked were told to do really funny stuff. A pair got to do a mirror image of each other, but it’s not just some ordinary mirror image. They had to act like strippers. It was hilarious because one of them was kind of girly, you get what I mean. For the fourth round, I got 12 and Youngbae was the King. Before he says anything, he rummaged through the box and pulled out a pair of handcuffs. Everyone clapped and cheered, this is going to get ugly.

                “Number 12 and number 1 have to put on this handcuff until the end of tonight.” My mouth hangs open. Oh my god, I just hope number 1 is a girl.

                . You have got to be kidding me. The person who stood up was him. Choi Seunghyun. Once again everyone cheered but I was as frozen as a rock and blinking my eyes unbelievingly.

                “So who’s this lucky number 12?” Youngbae called out again. I stayed silent.

                “Park Bom! She’s 12!” Oh my ing hell, seriously Haejin unnie? All eyes were fixated on me and all the guys were congratulating Seunghyun.

                “Wah, Hyungnim. You’re really lucky.” One of the guys said. This is nightmare not luck.

                Seunghyun stared at me for second, picked up the handcuff and walked towards me.

                “Don’t tell me he’s serious.” I whispered to myself in disbelief.

                Those steps drew nearer and once again, I feel trapped inside that blank stare of his.

                You really forgotten about me haven’t you? The way you look at me, it made me shiver.

                Is this how you look at a person whom you once loved?

 

 

**Another update for you guys! I'm sorry if it's not as good as what you guys expected. /: I'll trying to make the upcoming ones better alright. I'm sorry if this disappointed you. ):**