Chapter 17

Time After Time.

 

“Excuse me ma’am. The last announcement for the flight has been made awhile ago. Would you like to board the plane now?” One of the staff came over to ask me, I bet I’m holding up all the other passengers. I apologized and made my way in.

                Actually I’ve been sitting there in the waiting room for about an hour already, thinking and thinking all over again. Thinking about him. My head is completely filled with Seunghyun right now, was it because of guilt or something else? I don’t know either.

Just go then…
Just go then…
Just go then…

His words keep resonating in my head.

                I stared out the tiny window of the plane with the sun glaring in my face. But somehow, I couldn’t feel anything. I’ll be gone for two full years. Usually, I don’t really get attached to places or people but this time, the situation is different. I would race out right now, flag a cab down to Instantlogy just see his face again… but ha… only if I could do that. It’s like talking about the impossible.

                Park Bom, you’ve already decided on this. You gotta go. You have to do your best since you already have the chance to, you can’t just abandon your dream. It’s just gonna be your heart or your dream, you can’t always get the best of both worlds. No turning back, you only walk forward, remember?

                “My sunshine! Mama missed you so much!” My mum came running to me with her (probably) new Prada purse. She held me in her arms firmly, it’s been awhile since I felt at home.

                “Mum, I can’t breathe…” I tugged her arm lightly, it’s just a little embarrassing when there’s so many people staring at us.

                “Oh, sorry honey! Nick’s just getting your favourite Banana Milkshake, wait for a little bit.” She giggled and smiled ear to ear. I had always thought that my mum is really gorgeous. She’s in her forties already but she still looks so young.

                Nick came running with 3 cups of milkshakes, grinning widely at me.

                “How you doing, Nick? Did my mum give you a hard time?” I and Mum groaned with dissatisfaction. Nick is Mum’s fiancé and I hope he last longer with Mum this time.

                “We’re doing good, don’t worry. She’s incredibly gorgeous, why would she give me a hard time?” He replied putting his arms around my mum’s shoulders. I’m glad they’re doing fine and Mum is happy. We made our way to Nick’s Gingerbread House and Mum had already prepared a room for me. I’m thankful for that because I could give them an excuse of having a jet lag so I could prevent myself from exposing my heavily swollen eyes to them.

                Jiyong’s text came early in the morning, why isn’t he asleep? He probably went partying somewhere again.

                ‘Got there safely? Reply me ASAP!’ I stared at the phone screen for awhile, it’s 7.09 am. ‘Yea, what’s with the ASAP?’ I pressed send. My phone rang right away after I replied.

                ‘Park Bom! Why didn’t you tell Seunghyun earlier?!’ Jiyong shouted through the speaker. This is going to get messy…

                “Well I’m sorry, what’s going on?” I asked him because he seems to be pissed at something.

                ‘I don’t know what’s wrong either but my friend here had just totally knocked out after a few bottles of Jack Daniel’s.’

                “Seunghyun?!”

                ‘Yes Bom. He’s in the hospital now because of excessive alcohol consumption.’

                “I’m sorry… Jiyong. There’s nothing else I can say. I know what I did was wrong but I just have to do it, you know.” Jiyong went quiet for awhile and let out a sigh.

                ‘I know you have to. It’s probably 7 am there, just go back to sleep yea. I shouldn’t have called. I’m gonna hung up now, I’ll call you later.’

                “Wait!”

                ‘What is it?’

                “Take care of Seunghyun for me.”

                ‘Yea I will. Don’t worry.’ Jiyong hung up after that.

                                Many thoughts rushed through. I feel really guilty, I’m sorry Seunghyun… Tears streamed down my cheek again. The key on my neck with his name engraved on it will always remind me of how happy I was with him. It’s a bittersweet feeling and as much as I would like take it off, I don’t want to forget all the times that we had together.

                Drip drop
                Drip drop
                Drip drop…

                When will they ever stop falling?

 

**Another update done! What do you think about the storyline so far? I'm working on Seunghyun's recovery. Hopefully it'll come out fine. Keeping my fingers crossed. Please give me some comments! Thank you!**