"Yunho & Jaejoong - Friends or Foes?"

"Playboy v. Playboy"

Part 5 : Yunho & Jaejoong - Friends or Foes

 

 

Jaejoong then came out from the toilet – looking a bit speechless. He accidentally overheard Yunho’s conversation on the phone.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

Did I hear it wrong? I love you too? Nah it can’t be. Yunho I knew is not someone who easily blurts those three words. As much as I hate the word ‘UGLY’, Yunho hates the word ‘COMMITMENT’ the most.

 

Jin Hee ahjusshi maybe? I shook off the silly thought. Yunho has a parents issue, the word LOVE is the last thing he would ever speak about.

 

End of Jaejoong’s POV

 

“Are you okay?”  Junsu hold onto Jaejoong’s forearm; concerned.

 

“Ah? Emm…I’m fine…don’t worry…”

 

Jaejoong couldn’t bring himself to tell Junsu what’s bothering him at that time. He probably might have to tell him from the very beginning. And that takes whole lots of courage for him to do.                      

 

“Constipated…?” Junsu randomly guessed, but his face looked serious.

 

“Yah~ Aniya~!” Jaejoong whined. They joined in laugh. But still Jaejoong couldn’t get rid Yunho from his head.

 

“Junsu-ah…You guys can eat without me…I have to go somewhere first…” Jaejoong then dashed out of the bathroom.

 

“YAH! JAEJOONG-AH! NOT AGAIN!” Junsu stomped his feet on the bathroom tiles in frustration.

 

*****

 

Yunho threw his school bag on the passenger seat and closed the door. He stopped at the back of his car and took out a towel from the car’s trunk. He flung the towel on his shoulder and while drying up his hair; he made his way to the driver seat.

 

“YUNHO-AH!” Yunho panted; an evidence that he was running hard to catch up on Yunho.

 

“Jaejoongie?” Yunho was surprised to find Jaejoong’s there.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“There’s something coming up…so I’m going home…why?”

 

“I…” Jaejoong raked his hands through his silky hairs; taking steps closer approaching Yunho.

 

“There’s something that I would like to ask you…” Jaejoong nervously his lips.

 

Yunho waited for Jaejoong to continue.

 

“What’s wrong…?” Yunho finally prompted.

 

“I…”

 

*Jaejoong’s POV

 

I wanted to curse myself badly. I followed my heart and rushed towards Yunho only to realize that I didn’t even know where to start.

 

‘I overheard your conversation in the bathroom just now’ – if I say like that Yunho would accused me for snooping around his private life. His private matter doesn’t even concern me but still; I really want to know about that caller.

 

We’re standing this close; gazing into each other eyes but it feels like we’re two strangers that just met and in the process of knowing each other. I know everything about him or at least I used to. My heart ached thinking about the sudden wide gap between us.

 

“Jae-“

 

“Yunho-ah…the truth is…I-“

 

The sound of the ringing tone interrupted our conversation. He glanced on the phone’s screen then back at me.

 

“I’m sorry Jaejoong-ah…I have to go…we’ll talk later, okay…” I pouted and reluctantly nodded. Yunho entered his car and started the engine.

 

I shouldn’t be upset about this. It’s nothing different than the past. I never once sit in the list of his priority.

 

*End of Jaejoong’s POV

 

Yunho reversed his car out of the garage; ready to leave. Looking down at his two feet in dismay; Jaejoong turned his body around slowly. The hope flashed on his face when Yunho suddenly called out for his name.

 

“By the way, Ugly… you left your zipper on…” Yunho pointed to one exact part in between Jaejoong’s thighs.

 

Jaejoong widened his eyes, immediately covered it up with his two hands. He pulled the zipper up. His cheeks feel like burning due to the embarrassment.

 

‘It’s all because of you, bastard. I came out of the toilet and hurried to get to you…’ Jaejoong muttered.  

 

Yunho drove away while laughing hard.

 

“STUPID JUNG YUNHO! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!!!!!” Jaejoong ducked down picking up several pebbles on the ground and threw them aiming right at Yunho’s car.

 

The sound of the screeching tire echoing as Yunho stepped on the break urgently. He stuck his head out of the window; sending a death glare at Jaejoong.

 

“YAH UGLY!! YOU’RE HURTING MY PRECIOUS CAR!!!!”

 

“LIKE I CARE!!! SCREW YOU!!!!” Jaejoong continued doing it until he finished with all the pebbles in his palms.

 

“YAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!”

 

Jaejoong ran away saving his life before Yunho could even step out of his car.

 

*****

 

Jaejoong lied slothfully on the couch; letting his long slender legs hanging in the air. He’s staring on his Android Tablet, checking the comments he received from the fans on his twitter.

 

“You’re pretty like always…as expected from our Queen…”

 

Jaejoong scrolled down and read the rest of the comments. It’s nothing much different from the one he read before. They are all pretty much the same. He grew tired with it. It reached to the extent of annoying him. He couldn’t believe that he love reading those kind of comments before. It’s either something is wrong with his brain or their brains.

 

“Yah Ugly!”

 

Somehow that word sounded so nice to his ears.

 

“Yunho…” Speaking of the name of that man; Jaejoong’s mind brought him back to the time where they shared the kiss. A thrilling tingle of excitement raced through his veins when he thought of it.

 

He closed his eyes; imagining how does it feels tracing his fingers through Yunho’s bare skin.

 

“I love you too…”

 

Jaejoong snapped his eyes wide open. Who the hell that could make Yunho utter such a word? Is she that special? He groaned inwardly.

 

“Joongie…? What’s wrong…?”

 

Jaejoong put down the Tablet on his stomach and saw his mother’s standing by his feet. He studied his mother thoughtfully; suddenly remembered that his parents weren’t home when he came back from the school. He noticed that his mother’s holding onto a piece of paper – a pamphlet from the look of it.

 

“Where have you been?” Jaejoong answered Mrs.Kim’s question with another question.

 

“Owhhh~” Mrs.Kim’s face glistening in excitement. He pushed Jaejoong’s legs down and sat on the couch. Jaejoong brought his body up into a sitting position.

 

“Mummy and Daddy were looking for a house…here…” Mrs.Kim passed the pamphlet for Jaejoong to look.

 

“A house?”

 

“Yes…well…we have several choices in mind but what do you say…? Which one do you think suit our Yunho more?”

 

“Yunho?” Jaejoong stared blankly at his mother.

 

“Yes…We decided to give a house to Yunho as a welcome back gift…” Mr.Kim whose just walked into the living room; butted in.

 

“You know it right…when they moved to America; Jin Hee ahjusshi sold the Jung main house. To us, Yunho is like our own son so we cannot allow him to continue staying at that rented house.” Mrs.Kim elaborated.

 

“Y-yeah right…I totally forgot about that…”

 

“So what are you saying…? Mummy and Daddy are contemplating to choose between these two…” Mrs.Kim pointed at two pictures, unaware that their son had his mind at somewhere else.

 

“Wait…mummy, daddy…Yunho’s not married right…? I mean…who knows, maybe an arranged marriage or whatsoever…”

 

Mr.Kim and Mrs.Kim were exchanging glances.

 

“What kind of nonsense you’re spouting, son? Yunho’s too young to get married…and he hates his father; do you think he would agree to an arranged marriage?” Mr.Kim countered.

 

“Jin Hee ahjusshi doesn’t have a child from his second marriage, right?”

 

“No…but-”

 

“Its fine…that’s all I wanna know…for now…” Feeling satisfied with the answer he got; Jaejoong stopped them right away. He scanned through the pamphlet and realized it’s all the large scale type of houses. He doesn’t think that Yunho would agree to it.

 

“On second thought…just choose whatever you think is the best, mummy…daddy…I don’t know a thing about the house…I’m going to bed…”

 

Jaejoong gave the pamphlet back to his mother and kiss his parents on their cheeks before heading to his bedroom.

 

Mr.& Mrs.Kim looked at each other; wondering the same thing about their son but then they decided to just shrug it off.

 

*****

 

Yunho didn’t turn up to school on the next day. When they asked their homeroom teacher about him, she told them that Yunho’s sick.

 

“What did you do to him, Jaejoong-ah?” Junsu was curious.

 

“It must be really serious till Yunho got sick…” Changmin commented.

 

*Jaejoong’s POV

 

Sick my ! He’s probably still snoring inside the ’s embrace.

 

He makes me suffer and then he got all the attention. They should pity me not him! I’m tormented because of him! He’s suffocating and annoying when he’s around and when he’s not, my mind could think of nothing except him.

 

“Aish!!!”

 

*End of Jaejoong’s POV

 

“Hello?!” Changmin snapped his fingers to draw Jaejoong’s attention back to them.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

Jaejoong blinked at Changmin; a bit lost.

 

“What am I doing, what?”

 

“You sigh a lot till we lost the count already…so what’s wrong?” Junsu’s being frank.

 

But Jaejoong just left Junsu’s question remains as a question as he’s thinking of something else when he saw Changmin’s phone.

 

“Changmin-ah…lend me your phone?” He opened up his hand; motioned for Changmin’s phone.

 

“What are you gonna do with it? What about your phone?”

 

Jaejoong rolled his eyes and just snatched the phone away from Changmin’s hand.

 

“I wanna call Yunho’s house…” Jaejoong told them briefly and quickly key in several numbers.

 

“I’m making a prank call but I don’t want him to know that I was calling him…” Noticing the way they’re frowning hard, Jaejoong elaborated.

 

“What’s the point? He knows your voice, anyway…” Changmin argued but Jaejoong hurriedly hushed him.

 

He put it into the loudspeaker mode; waiting for Yunho to pick up.

 

“Hello~! This is Yunho~”

“…and this is Boa~”

“We’re not at home right now, so please leave your message after the beep, okay~!”

*BEEP!

 

Their jaws dropped; wasn’t really expecting that. Their voices sounded so bright and partially irritating to Jaejoong’s ears.

 

“Huh! This is something new…” Jaejoong commented; thoughtfully.

 

“His mother, maybe?” Changmin guessed but was slapped by Junsu on his shoulder.

 

“His mother died two years ago, remember?”

 

“His sister?”

 

“He’s the only child of the Jung…” Jaejoong answered flatly.

 

“So it’s down to one possibility…a girlfriend…” Junsu came up with one conclusion.

 

“Living with his girlfriend…wow~ very American style!” Changmin emphasized and Junsu nodded totally agreed.

 

Jaejoong bit onto his lower lips; the grip onto Changmin’s phone is tightened. Changmin’s alarmed.

 

“Yah! Not my phone~! I just bought this a week ago~” Changmin took back his phone from Jaejoong’s hand and caressed it like it was his dear life.

 

“Now that you’re mentioned it…where’s the other phone?” Junsu asked Changmin.

 

“It went for a nice swimming and eventually drowned.” Changmin pouted.

 

“It’s the twins again?”

 

Changmin let out deep sigh.

 

“Ga Eul and Bo mi were fighting over my phone nearby the swimming pool…it slipped off their hands down into the pool. The End…”

 

Junsu chuckled. He patted on Changmin’s back; expressing his condolences.

 

“These two girls drive me crazy for every minute! I don’t know how Jaejoong could handle it with so many scandals…” 

 

Jaejoong didn’t show a response to it. He’s spacing out again. Changmin nudged Junsu.

 

“What’s wrong with him? He’s not like himself lately…”

 

“Jaejoong-ah…” Junsu’s voice brought Jaejoong’s back to the reality.

 

“H-Hmmm?”

 

“You…don’t tell me, that you’re jealous Yunho’s going out with someone else…”    

 

“A-ah…? Ha Ha Ha…of course not…I have Andy…” Jaejoong flailed his hands; denying. He obviously flustered. Changmin and Junsu wasn’t someone who could buy that so easily. ‘Doubt’ was written all over their faces.

 

“What’s going on between you and Yunho, actually…? Come to think about it, you haven’t told us anything about you and him…”

 

“Nothing…and there’s nothing to talk about…we got to know each other simply because his parents and my parents are best friends…that’s all…” Jaejoong tried hard to convince them.

 

“So…friends or foes?” Junsu knitted his eyebrows together; demanding a solid answer. Jaejoong startled.

 

“Friends…I guess…” Jaejoong spoke in monotone.

 

“Doesn’t look like friends to me…” Changmin countered.

 

“Lots of things happened… and we haven’t seen each other for two years… people changed! The point is, Yunho and I…we’re used to be close friends…”

 

Changmin and Junsu locked their lips tight. They believed there’s more to it. But seeing how stressful Jaejoong turned out to be, they couldn’t go deeper.

 

Jaejoong inhaled deeply. He then settled down in between Junsu and Changmin.

 

“I’m sorry you guys…it’s a bit personal…and I don’t want to talk about it…so I hope you guys would understand it… Everyone has secret, right…?” Jaejoong flung his arms on Junsu and Changmin’s shoulders as he apologized.

 

“You’re right…” And they smiled.

 

“Okay...now I have something else to talk about…Andy asked me for a date…so I was thinking to ask you two to join me…” Jaejoong looked at Changmin and then to Junsu. He repeated the same action while showing his puppy eyes; hoping that they would just say yes.

 

“What’s the point of a date if we’re going with you, then…?”

 

“Come on guys…please~ This is my first date with Andy…I’ve been giving him so many excuses already~ In case he’s boring, I just ditch him and I have you guys…”

 

“Seriously? The first date?” Junsu asked in disbelieved.

 

“Yeah…the first and the last…I was thinking to dump him at the end of our date…”

 

“Wow~ very romantic…” Changmin’s being sarcastic.

 

“Well…at least I’m giving him a chance to go out for a date with me… and he should at least give me something, right…? Tada~” Jaejoong took out the Tablet from inside his blazer.

 

“It’s the latest design from Cartier. It’s the limited edition couple ring. It’s pretty isn’t…?” Jaejoong pointed with his index finger and wriggled his eyebrows.

 

“Wow…it sure is…” Junsu showed an interest to it.

 

“Do you think Andy can afford it? He can, can he…? It’s not that expensive.”

 

“Of course he can…he’s not that poor…”

 

“You think so too?” Jaejoong’s eyes flashed in hope.

 

“Yes…sure he can…then he would starve himself to death…” Changmin snorted. Jaejoong pouted.

 

“Then…” Jaejoong changed to another website.

 

“…what about this? A limited edition LV bag…”  

 

“This one is good~” Junsu exclaimed in excitement. Changmin caressed his chin with his fingers; then nodded agreeing.

 

“Well…I was thinking of getting a new bag too…so why not…”

 

“YES!” Jaejoong jumped; cheering.

 

*****

 

Jaejoong’s standing outside of LV boutique; checking the text messages while waiting for Andy to come out. He looked up and let out a sigh.

 

“I can’t believe this. Junsu and Changmin both cancelled it at the last minute…”

 

“Jaejoong-ah…I’m really sorry…but I forgot that I have another plan…mian mian…next time, okay…if Andy upset you, just text me…I’ll be there ASAP…” – Junsu.

 

“Err…Jaejoong-ah…sorry…I forgot that I’ve already made a plan with the twins…they threatened to throw my new phone into the pool…again…really sorry…” – Changmin.

 

“And what’s taking him so long to buy a bag?” Jaejoong’s getting even more frustrated

 

Jaejoong’s gaze sought out a Cartier shop that located nearby. Jaejoong glanced inside the LV boutique; checking Andy. Rather than waiting; he decided to just take a stroll to the Cartier shop by himself.   

 

He wasn’t yet entering the shop but the workers already welcoming him. Even the Chief Supervisor came out to assist him.

 

“Ahhh Welcome Kim Jaejoong-shi. Please coming~”

 

“I came to have a look at the Limited Edition couple ring…” Jaejoong said as he sat down on the chair.

 

“Please bring me the ring…” The Chief ordered his assistant. But the sudden chit chatters from the workers aroused Jaejoong’s curiosity.

 

“The truth is Chief; the customer with the name of Jung Yunho just bought that ring…”

 

Jaejoong’s heart skipped a bit when they mentioned Yunho’s name. His pulse quickened.

 

“Please forgive us; Kim Jaejoong-shi…the last customer has bought that ring. If you want, we can ask for a special shipment from other country…” The Chief made an offer.

 

Jaejoong cleared his throat.

 

“N-never mind…I should have booked it first…It’s not like I have someone to share with…I really love the design…” Jaejoong shook his head lightly; stressing out that he doesn’t mind about it.

 

Jaejoong stood up; intended to go back at Andy when his stomach twisted as the new thought occurred to him. The ring Yunho bought is the Limited Edition Couple Ring. He bought it for what, exactly? The ring is the solid evidence of a commitment to someone. Yunho is the King of the Playboys. . His heart is as hard as the stone.  He treats the girls like his toys. And Yunho is not like him who loves to buy something for the sole purpose of collecting.

 

Jaejoong held his breath; bracing himself to ask.

 

“When you mentioned about Jung Yunho just now, is he Jung Yunho as in the son of Jung Jin Hee?”

 

“Yes…he came with a girl whom we presumed as his girlfriend. They just left for about 5 minutes before you came in…”

 

“T-thanks…” Jaejoong swallowed hard. He his lips as he’s gathering the strength.

 

What happened to him? Why did he care so much about Yunho? Why did he care so much whether Yunho really changed or not? Perhaps because he feels jealous when someone else existed in Yunho’s life other than him?

 

Jealous?

 

He blinked at the odd emotion that word stirred inside him.

 

Why should he be?

 

“Jaejoong-shi?!” Andy held onto his wrist.

 

“Where are you going? I was looking for you…” Jaejoong’s eyes blinking rapidly when he realized that he’s already out of the Cartier shop and strayed a bit too far from where he’s supposed to head to.

 

“I’m sorry…I…I’ve kinda lost…”

 

“Lost?”  

 

Silly as it may sound. But that is the only thing that Jaejoong could come up with at that time.

 

“Never mind…I’m hungry…what do you wanna eat? Owh and here…for you…” Andy showed him the LV bag he wished for.

 

“Ah I better carry it for you…so let’s go…” Andy reached out for Jaejoong’s hand; intended to walk hand in hand with Jaejoong. But Jaejoong jerked his hand out of Andy’s grasp. Jaejoong hugged his hand closed to his chest. Dirty. He felt dirty to be touched by someone else.

 

“S-sorry…” Andy hurriedly apologized.

 

“I need to go to the bathroom first. ALONE…” Jaejoong stressed it out.

 

He really need some time to reprogram his brain. His brain was corrupted by one particular virus called Jung Yunho. If only he could just flush it out into the toilet.

 

He’s just couple steps away from the bathroom when his eyes caught a silhouette of a familiar figure. He doesn’t need to stand close to know that it’s Yunho. He couldn’t see the face of the girl next to him. She linked her arm with Yunho and they talked intimately.

 

“This is Yunho~…and this is Boa~”

“He came with a girl whom we presumed as his girlfriend”

 

“Is she really that special to you, Yunho-ah?” Jaejoong muttered to himself.

 

Driven by his emotion; Jaejoong stealthily stalked him from behind. Andy has completely washed out of his mind at that time.

 

*******

A/N : Another update~ More will be revealed later...Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed. Your comments will be replied on the comments section . thanks ^^