"The Kidnapping"

"Playboy v. Playboy"

Part 29: The Kidnapping

 

After striving hard for almost two months, struggling with the lack of sleeps, feeling anxious and restless, they’re finally standing on the stage that day.

 

The Graduation Day.

 

It seems like it was just yesterday when they first admitted to that school, taking over the school with their sneaky plot, punishing others who dare to mess up with them and then walked away arrogantly like they can’t be touched.

 

And then Yunho came ruining his perfect life and threw him to the bottomless pit. Everything started to turn upside down but thanks to that, he learned how to appreciate those who dear to him – his parents, Changmin and Junsu. He also learned how to fall in love once again and also with the same person.

 

“Come…we need to commemorate this special day…” Junsu pulled Jaejoong’s wrist as the four of them stood in line, waiting for their parents to snap their picture together. Starting with the most modest pose, they ended it with their dorky expression.

 

“We need to go…your parents have already planning to celebrate our graduation somewhere else…” Yunho reached out for Jaejoong’s hand as they’re heading for the exit.

 

It was then when Jaejoong was approached by his other classmates that were requesting to take a picture with him. He threw his gaze at Yunho first, as if he was asking for his permission and slowly Yunho let go of his hand, nodded.

 

“Oh come on, Jaejoongie…it’s not like everyday we’re having our Graduation Day…” T.O.P caught Jaejoong’s wrist and pulled him to join the other classmates.

 

Amidst the joyful celebration, both of them went separate way where Yunho rejoined with their families and Jaejoong got dragged all over the places, fulfilling other people’s wishes to take a picture with him. One after another.

 

Just when he thought that he finally able to escape from it, he just realized there are more others who’s patiently waiting for their turns.

 

“Jaejoong-shi…can we…?” They raised their phone and asked politely.

 

They’re even queuing in line and te crowds surprisingly getting bigger and bigger.

 

“Oh my…this is going to be a long day…” Jaejoong looked around, searching for Junsu and Changmin to ask for help only to realize that both of them were pretty much stuck in the same situation like him.

 

“Great…” He sighed. But the thought of that’s going to be the last day of the school and they might or might meet again in the future pushed him to relent.

 

Flashing his best smile and raised his two fingers, making ‘peace’ sign, he continued giving them his cooperation.

 

“Thanks Jaejoong-shi…”

 

At long last, it finally come to an end. When the last group walked away, another person stepped in front of him, blocking his path.

 

“Popular as always, I see…”

 

“Andy-shi!”

 

Andy smiled and handed him a stem of rose.

 

“Congcratulation…”

 

Jaejoong’s gaze went from the rose then back to him.

 

“Thanks…” He accepted it and took a sniff.

 

“Congratulation to you too…”

 

“No more messing around? I have to say the school’s unusually quiet for the past 3 months…don’t tell me that you’re already retired from it…?”

 

Jaejoong chuckled as he looked down to the floor, nudging his temple with his finger.

 

“Well…I kinda stuck in a mess myself….”

 

Smiling softly and not saying much, Andy nodded.

 

“So…you’re with…Yunho-shi for real, huh?”

 

“Umm…” Jaejoong lifted his hand, showing him the ring on his finger.

 

“Got tied up with him…that stubborn, arrogant, overprotective bastard…” Jaejoong feigned a disgust look as he said it but later he let a warm dreamy smile washed away that look.

 

“He sounds like a good partner…” Andy praised.

 

“Yes he is…he reminds of what it feels like when I’m in love…it’s good to be reminded that I actually have a heart…”

 

Andy could only stare at him with a tinge of jealousy; jealous that Jaejoong’s smiling like that because of someone else and not him. Taking a deep breath, he congratulated Jaejoong once again and sincerely wished for their happiness before he left him.  Even after the way Jaejoong treated him, he still couldn’t bring himself to hate him, because he loves him.

 

“Speaking about Jung Yunho…” Jaejoong gathered all the flowers in one arm and dragged his hand to his hair. His eyes scanned the hall, searching for one particular man.

 

“Hmm…this is weird…” Stepping down the stairs, a frown formed on his forehead.

 

Let alone Yunho, he couldn’t even see his family around, neither Junsu’s nor Changmin’s families. They were no longer in that hall.

 

“W-wait a minute….where’s Junsu and Changmin?!” Even Junsu and Changmin couldn’t be seen anywhere.

 

Jaejoong moved fast, sidled his way through the crowds, circling around the hall with the hopes that he might find them anywhere. But his effort somehow met with a dead end and the perspiration started to trickle down the back of his outfit.

 

“Where the hell is everyone?”

 

Jaejoong then caught someone randomly by his arm.

 

“Have you seen Yunho? Or my parents?”

 

“We saw them just now by the parking lot. They’re all seems rushing out to go somewhere…”

 

“What?!! Rushing? Leaving?!” Jaejoong frowned harder.

 

“It’s impossible! Did they just forget about me?! How can they? It’s impossible!!”

 

Smashing all the flowers into the latter’s hand, he ran out of the hall purposefully heading toward the parking lot. And to his disbelief, what that student claimed just now is true. They’re all gone! All of them!!! There’s not even a single car left.

 

Stomping his feet on the ground, Jaejoong cursed under his breath. He couldn’t express how furious he is at that time.

 

“What the hell is this?! How can they just leave their precious son here alone?!!!”

 

“…and…and stupid Jung Yunho!!!” He scowled at the distance when he thinks of that name.

 

“Wait until we meet, I’ll drill into your thick skull to find out what exactly inside your head! To just forget about your own fiancé just like that!!! urgh!!!”

 

“Phone…where’s my phone…” Turning around, he reached into the pocket for his phone…

 

…before everything went black.

 

Not because he just black out but because someone just covered up his head with sack.

 

“Yah! What are you doing?!!!” He his arms wildly above and around him, wriggling to break free. Until a hideous dizziness oppressed him till he couldn’t breathe and eventually swooned.

 

*****

 

Upon recovering his consciousness, Jaejoong found that it was too soon for him to breathe in relief. He grew aghast and frantic when there’s nothing for him to see except for the darkness. He’s terrified. The same darkness stifled him minute by minute as he struggled for breath.

 

Where is he now? Why he’s being held captive?  What they will do to him? Everything came swarming into his head. His body’s trembling, don’t know what to expect. Because of money?  It must be because of money. Or was it because of revenge? He committed plenty of bad things for the past years that he’s already lost the count. It’s possible for those people to hold grudge against him. Now that he’s in that situation, it hit him that he’s turning like those girls he hates or maybe even worst.

 

Despite having the trouble breathing, sitting there suffocating with his hands tied up, Jaejoong struggled to remain calm for a minute – to reason things out, things that might give him some advantages or maybe an opportunity to escape. To think rationally. Anything.

 

Right at that moment, the smell of the ocean forced itself into his nostril. Ocean? He’s in the middle of ocean? What are they going to do to him in that kind of place? Kill him and then just toss him into the sea where no one would able find him? Like that?

 

He doesn’t want to die yet. He’s going to get married in just 3 days with Yunho. There are so many things he wishes he could do with Yunho, spends more time with him, arguing over something useless then laugh it off.

 

Death…a dreadful thought consumed him and the incident with Siwon resurfaced. That hysterical laugh, that lunatic acts. He doesn’t want to face them all over again. And he began to weep.

 

“Yunho-ah…” The perspiration burst from every pore, slid down from his forehead and merged with his own tears. He was disgustingly filthy and pathetic but he doesn’t care about it anymore. He just wants Yunho to come and save him like he did before.

 

The rustling sound followed by the light sound of footsteps forced Jaejoong to hold his breath and bit his lips. The agony of suspense grew intolerable and his body stiffened – almost as stiff as the lifeless statue when the sack is being snatched off his head. He thought his heart stopped breathing at the second.

 

Cautiously, he opened up his eyes, winced as they caught the ray of light. He took his time, adjusting his vision until everything became clear.

 

In confusion, he found his two best friends staring at him. He breathed out in relief thinking that his pray was somehow answered until he saw them, grinning idiotically at him.

 

“Surprise~!!!” They shouted with their arms wide open, like it’s something worthy of celebration.

 

The last drop of tears trailed down Jaejoong’s cheek as it finally registered in his brain that they’re the real perpetrator. And the feeling of relief was replaced with rage.

 

“W-what is this? Is this supposed to be some kind of prank?!!!”

 

“Did you think that we would just leave you alone like that? Your dad would hire 100 bodyguards for you if you allow him to and Yunho…if only he could handcuff you to him, he would…”

 

“I WAS SO DAMN SCARED!!!!!” Jaejoong snarled, baring his teeth like he’s about to jump and choke them. Junsu and Changmin flinched, suddenly feeling concern about their life but luckily for them Jaejoong’s movement was restrained.

 

“Untie me! UNTIE ME THIS INSTANCE!!!!”

 

They swallowed down when they saw the way Jaejoong’s shaking the seat, never once they see him in that condition before; so violent.

 

“A-ahjusshi…untie him, please…” for the sake of his safety, Changmin ordered the butler to untie Jaejoong while they kept their distance.

 

Jaejoong rubbed his wrist, his eyes piercing at them.

 

“Oh come on Jaejoong-ah…you know us…we wouldn’t do something like this to you just out of fun…calm down and listen to us first…” Junsu made an attempt to coax Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong didn’t say for a long moment, only eyeing them with his cold eyes.

 

“Fine…” Jaejoong’s rage dissolved as he took several long deep breaths.

 

“You’re getting married today…” Changmin blurted in one breath. Jaejoong rose up to his feet, shock straining his voice.

 

“Tell me this is just a joke…Yunho and I…we’re getting married in 3 days…not today…” He eyed the two of them with serious face, really hopes that it was just another joke. But when he gained no reaction from them, he flopped back to the seat with a heavy sigh.

 

“Did you guys know something that I didn’t? Am I pregnant or something like that? because this rush wedding thing, it sound like I’m a woman who’s trying to conceal his pregnancy…”

 

Junsu sputtered out a laugh then just shook his head. He walked over to Jaejoong anad gave him a friendly pat on his shoulder.

 

“I can assure you that you’re not pregnant…It’s just Yunho and his daddy issue…”

 

“That’s right…and because it’s not an ordinary type of wedding, that’s why we prepared this kind of surprise…it’s a bit peculiar but it’s special…and it will remain in your mind forever…” Changmin added.

 

Jaejoong snorted.

 

“I was kidnapped on my wedding day…it’s that what you mean?” He rolled his eyes, pissed off.

 

“It’s Changminnie’s idea” Junsu quickly pointed to Changmin, let other carried full responsibility on it.

 

“Yah~!!! KIM JUNSU!!!”

 

Jaejoong threw himself at Changmin and awarded him his knee-kick. And not enough with that, he pushed Changmin down only to smack him all over his body.

 

“Yah! Yah~!! It’s hurt! Yah!!!”

 

Junsu pressed his hand to his stomach, enjoyed the scene very much. His laugh escaped freely that he couldn’t even hold it back.

 

“Satisfied?! Changmin asked Jaejoong as soon as he stopped.

 

“Very much…”

 

They watched as Jaejoong gathered himself, steady himself. With his hands rested on his hips, stabilizing his breathing, he approached the nearest window where they can have a perfect view of the sea.

 

“we’re on the cruise…let me guess, it’s Yunho’s cruise right?”

 

Changmin and Junsu looked at each other before they joined Jaejoong by the window.

 

“It’s used  to be Yunho’s cruise. He sold this cruise in order to buy that house on the hill…” Changmin told him.

 

“Seriously?”

 

Both of them nodded.

 

“But not to worry…your father bought this from him so that it’ll remain in the family and you two can use it anytime you want…”

 

Hearing that, Jaejoong closed his eyes in relief. So that’s what he meant by his father contributed in buying the house – he noted.

 

“Young Masters, I’d suggest you better get prepared…it’s almost time…” The butler reminded them about the wedding.

 

“Ah right…thanks…”

 

“Hustle up Kim Jaejoong! You’re getting married today!” Junsu pushed Jaejoong from the back, steering him toward the bathroom. Jaejoong sank his feet on the carpeted floor, making a sudden break.

 

“Seriously?! I’m getting married today?” He titled his head in surprise.

 

“Of course you are….you better hurry up before your mother come…or do you rather your mother to be here than us?”

 

“No! No! I want you guys to be here…don’t let her come in until I’m done…” Jaejoong said while running into the bathroom.

 

*****

 

Mrs.Kim paced outside Jaejoong’s suite. She stopped only to check on her watch before she continued pacing in front of that closed door again.

 

“What could possibly take so long in there?” She hissed and reached out for the handle.

 

“My Lady…” The butler stopped her before she could do it.

 

“I should go check on them...maybe Jaejoongie’s stuck with something.”

 

“I believe everything’s just alright. It’s Young Master Jaejoong we’re talking about here…he’s very meticulous and perfectionist. Barging in just like that would only ruin his mood…”

 

“You’re right…you’re right…”

 

The butler watched as Mrs.Kim picked up where she left just now and continued paced back and forth, impatiently waiting.

 

The door opened in a small crack, revealing Changmin’s face. He called her and motioned her to enter the room. It’s like blowing a life into Mrs.Kim’s restless body; she swung the door open and made her entrance like a hungry lioness. Her eyes tracked over and lanced on Jaejoong’s reflection in the mirror.

 

The stupefied shock landed on her face as she palmed .

 

“Mommy? How do I look?”

 

Instead of telling him what she things about him, she threw up her hands and hurried across the room to embrace Jaejoong.

 

“Oh my baby’s getting married~!!”

 

“Mommy~ I think it’s time for you to stop calling me baby…”

 

Drawing away, she looked at Jaejoong for one more time. Her gaze softened as she cupped both of Jaejoong’s cheeks.

 

“My baby’s getting married…”

 

 Eyes watered up a bit as she eyed him from head to toe, dusting the shoulder down to his arms. She almost couldn’t believe her eyes. It seems like it’s just yesterday  when they welcomed Jaejoong to this world, making their life complete. And now he’s about to build a family of his own.

 

She leaned forward then kissed him lightly on the cheek.

 

“Aww~ ahjumma…he’s not going anywhere…I bet if Yunho raise his voice just a little bit, he would run back straight to you…” Junsu interjected as he embraced both of them.

 

“Yeah…Junsu’s right…he’s going to annoy you for the rest of your life…” Changmin too wanted to be apart of it and joined them for a group hug.

 

*****

 

They arrived at the top wide deck when Jaejoong decided to take a break at the top stair, to deal with his enveloping nervousness. From where he’s standing, he could see all the guests are already waiting for him. It was a closed ceremony and the guest were none other than their own families and their classmates. Yoochun and Kibum were there too, each by their partners’ side. But even so, he still couldn’t escape from the wedding jitter.

 

His hand slid down from his father, nervously rubbed them together.

 

“Nervous?” Mr.Kim noticed it and wrapped Jaejong’s hand with his. he gave Jaejoong’s hand a squeeze and pulled him closer to kiss him on his forehead.

 

“You know, we’ll always be there for you, baby…always and forever…by your side and especially in your heart…” Mr.Kim whispered and planted a soft peck on his head.

 

Jaejoong nodded. How can he forget about that? They’re not just his parents but they’re also his guardian angels. He took a breath and then shook it off. he’s back facing his proud father and nodded again, signaling that he’s ready.

 

*****

 

“He’s coming!” Changmin announced and drew all the guests’ attention to the back.

 

“Jaejoong…” Yunho’s barely breathed out the name.

 

There he is, flawlessly beautiful, stunning and glowing, approaching him on his father’s arm, seeking for unspoken support. Time seems to move slower, almost like he’s being up into a slow motion dimension.  The only thing that is accelerating fast than any other is his heart. Yunho held out his hand and Jaejoong took it.

 

And when Jaejoong touched his hand, he felt like the time was reverted back to normal. Jaejoong’s looking at him with calm eyes, his smile shone brighter.

 

“Hi ugly…” Yunho greeted him with a teasing grin.

 

“Hi Mr. …” Jaejoong replied playfully.

 

“See…I told you that we’re really perfect for each other…” His grin burst out and they laughed.

 

With the wide sea and glittering sky along with the guests as their witness, they knew that’s the beginning of their new journey. It’s no longer just ‘you’ and ‘I’ but there’s also ‘we’ in their story.

 

“We gathered here today…” The priest began.

 

Junsu looked over to Yoochun when he intertwined their hands together. Standing there, witnessing the unison of two love birds inspired them.

 

“Just wait a little more, Junsu-ah…then there will be you and me standing in that place…” Yoochun whispered.

 

“I know…” Junsu shot a loving smile at him, resting his head on his shoulder.

 

“…and now you may kiss each other…” The priest stepped back, giving the chance for the newlywed couple to seal their lifetime contract.

 

*******

 

A/N: Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed~ thanks ^^