"Say Yes"

"Playboy v. Playboy"

Part 26: Say ‘Yes’

 

 

Yunho stirred up from his nap when he sensed an amount of weight suddenly added up on the bed. Not rushing to find out the identity of the intruder, Yunho stayed in that condition a little while longer. Because he recognized that it was Jaejoong from his scent with or without opening up his eyes. He’s more interested to know Jaejoong’s next move and that’s why he decided to wait.

 

Jaejoong climbed up on top of Yunho and sat right at his abdomen. Smirking, he leaned his face down closer to Yunho’s face, eyeing him from a close distance.

 

“He’s cute when he’s sleeping…” Jaejoong murmured with a toothy smile.

 

“What is this?”

 

Jaejoong’s body jerked when Yunho suddenly spoke up. He was about to retrieve but Yunho acted fast, throwing his arm to circle around Jaejoong’s neck and pulled him back down.

 

“Are you trying to seduce me?” He twinkled at Jaejoong, his grin edged ever so slightly toward smirk.

 

“I’m not!” Jaejoong retorted. Yunho’s hand dropped down from Jaejoong’s neck. He pouted.

 

“Hmmmph…Then I’m going back to sleep…”  

 

Yunho closed his eyes back, pretended to sulk. And it’s not that long after that when he felt another soft touch smothering his lips. He snapped his eyes open and met Jaejoong’s glistening eyes watching over him – so damn close that their noses were brushing against each other.

 

“I love you…” Jaejoong whispered and leaned down for another kiss. And this time it wasn’t just one side kiss as Yunho accepted it gladly. Jaejoong might have been the one who initiated it but Yunho led him, took control over their situation.

 

“Well…for one who just said that he has no intention in seducing or whatsoever, you’re pretty good at it…”

 

Yunho teased, trying to hide the fact that he was blown off by that kiss. He was almost sure that he slurred the words a bit – an evidence that the kiss still affecting him judging by the way how his lips trembling. Luckily for him that Jaejoong was so busy palming his fiery blushing cheeks to notice it.

 

Jaejoong pulled himself up to sit on Yunho’s laps; still covering his warm cheeks with both of his hands. His breathing was hard and heavy that he couldn’t reply right away. Yunho sat up properly and drew Jaejoong closer to him by his waist.

 

“Cute…” He blurted.

 

Staring deeply into Jaejoong’s eyes, he then brushed Jaejoong’s hands off his cheeks and then skimmed along his jaw line with the back of his hand.  Jaejoong showed no resistance, letting his legs winding around him and his arms circling around Yunho’s neck.

 

“I love you…so.damn.much…” Yunho voiced it out loud.

 

His eyes went from Jaejoong’s eyes and down to his lips. Just like he could read what’s playing inside Yunho’s mind, Jaejoong too moved closer to him, both of their eyes were aiming for each other’s lips. Almost simultaneously, they sealed their lips together not too rough but just enough to feel the smooth pressure against each other. Yunho took his time savoring the soft compression of Jaejoong’s lips in a whole, nipped and smooched again and again.

 

Until he felt like it’s not enough, Yunho began titling his head to nibble the bottom part, desperately desire for more. He stole the opportunity to slip his tongue into Jaejoong’s mouth when he saw it, exploring even deeper and battled for the possession. Feeling like he couldn’t take it any more, Jaejoong dropped his head back willing to surrender but Yunho didn’t allow him to. With his hand clasped the back of Jaejoong’s back, he pulled Jaejoong even closer to him to deepen the kiss.

 

“Yunho-ah…” Jaejoong moaned for his name against his mouth and slowly they parted.

 

His chest moved up and down, in the midst of leveling his heart beat to normal state again. Smiling with satisfaction, Jaejoong let his fingers sank into Yunho’s hair and connecting their forehead together.

 

Driven by his desire and their mind-blowing moment, Yunho spurted something unexpected, something that came deep within from his heart, and something that shocked both sides. And yes, he was included in it.

 

“Marry me…”

 

The stupefied shock landed on Jaejoong’s face and seeing that; Yunho thought, hell, just go along with it.

 

In his mind, he’s already came up with several romantic scenes suited with the proposal theme and this wasn’t in it. He guessed his brain must have been consumed by the kiss that his emotion was wrongly translated and interpreted.

 

It slipped out from his mouth and it’s too late for him to withdraw it. If only words can be withdrawn; which is impossible in any case.

 

“W-what…what did you just say?”

 

“Marry me…” Yunho repeated with a serious face, never expected that he would propose to him in that kind of condition.

 

“Y-you…are kidding, right?” Jaejoong wanted to dismiss it with a laugh which later turned out to be the most unreal and awkward laugh ever and so he stopped. His smile faded away at the look of Yunho’s serious face.

 

“B…but….we’re still young…I mean, of course I love you and of course that’s how I want our relationship to end – with marriage…but we’re still young, right? And there are so many things that I want to do and yet to do…There’s no need to rush it…”

 

“I can’t wait any longer…the wedding should be held right after we graduate…”

 

“Yunho-ah…your creeps me out…” Jaejoong rolled off from Yunho’s laps and sat at the edge of the bed. He’s getting uncomfortable with the sudden wedding talk and he can’t deny that it freaks him out.

 

“It has to be…otherwise I can’t promise you if there’s any chance for us to be together after that…”

 

“Stop…please stop…now you sounds like you’re threatening me…”

 

Yunho could see the skepticism mirrored in Jaejoong’s eyes and he knew he should stop but if he stop just like that, he don’t think that he has the courage to bring up that issue again in the nearest future…so he hurried on…

 

“Then tell me what do you wish to do? What do you want to achieve? Whatever that is, we’ll do it together after we got married…you have my full support…”

 

That question got Jaejoong flustered. His mind went blank; absolutely blank that he could see nothing. What he want to do actually? He couldn’t really give the answer because it was never there in the beginning. Because he never even think of it until just now.

 

What he want to achieve actually? Succeeds his parents’ company and business, is that it? Who else that his parents can count on other than him? But being in the corporate world suits Yunho better than him.

 

Jaejoong doesn’t like that feeling at all. Having to choose and to decide the path of his future within the time constraint; he really hates it! He rose to his feet and aimed for the door.

 

“Jaejoongie…” Yunho’s voice stopped him.

 

“Can you give me some times to think about it? Please…”

 

He’s being serious, Yunho noted. His expression, his voice showed it all…Yunho never saw him in that state before. He should at least expect that kind of reaction and so he had no choice but to let Jaejoong go with a sigh.

 

Yunho watched as the door closed right before his eyes. Swallowing the groan of frustration, he dropped back on the bed and blew out a heavy sigh.

 

*******

 

Jaejoong let go the door knob slowly. His eyes blinked blankly.

 

“Then tell me what do you wish to do? What do you want to achieve? Whatever that is, we’ll do it together after we got married…you have my full support…”

 

Up until now, he’s been living a life according to his heart. Because he has everything. Other than that, everything has been decided by his parents. Nothing’s matter to him other than Yunho.

 

“Then should I say yes?” He muttered to himself. He wants to, that’s not a question. Of course he wants to, he’s been dreaming about it for too long. But that soon?! Really?

 

Jaejoong rubbed his face and shook his head. He at least need to think it through before answer it.

 

“Think of what exactly?” That question alone is harder than the examination he ever sat at school. He knocked his head feeling silly, walking along the hallway and reached at the rail of the staircase.

 

That’s when he met his mother.

 

“Ah baby…I was about to call you and Yunho for lunch…Junsu and Changmin are waiting at the table with Daddy…”

 

“Emmm…” Jaejoong replied shortly.

 

“Where’s Yunho?” Mrs.Kim looked around and far behind him, searching for Yunho.

 

“In his room…”

 

“Oh…can you call-”

 

Her voice broke off when she realized that Jaejoong wasn’t listening to her. He’s already stepping down the staircase without saying anything. Mrs.Kim frowned.

 

“Lovers’ fight?” She wondered.

 

*******

 

He just wanted sometimes alone, to freshen out a bit. Jaejoong sat on the bench under the towering tree; his head was cramped with so many things beyond its limit. He thought it’s about to explode.

 

The lunch went well and they’re basically talking about the preparation for the twins birthdays the next day. Apart from that, Jaejoong and Yunho were simply present at the table physically but their minds flew far away thinking of something else.

 

“What are you thinking actually?”

 

Jaejoong startled and his gaze flew to that particular person.

 

“Junsu-ah!”

 

Junsu settled down on the bench next to Jaejoong. He looked over to him.

 

“So…what’s bothering you? Care to share it with me?”

 

“How can hide it from you? You are always can see it through me, Junsu-ah…” Jaejoong looked away. Kicking off the ground aimlessly, Jaejoong lost in his thought.

 

“Junsu-ah…what do you want to do after we graduate? Do you have something planned already?”

 

“Sort off…”

 

“Really?” Jaejoong was so interested to know. Junsu nodded.

 

“Yoochun and I…both of us have everything planned already…most of it…I guess you are aware that I have no intention to inherit my family business…I don’t think there’s a need for me to, since I have Junho hyung…all I want is to spend my life with Yoochun somewhere where my parents couldn’t reach…a simple life, just the two of us…”

 

“…Yoochun want to establish a school of his own where he can provides the education to those who can’t afford it…while I…I want to open up a music instruments shop…and teach music…anything that’s related to music…”

 

Jaejoong paid a full attention to him as he’s listening to what he said. He smiled. So Junsu too had something planned inside his mind. Among the three of them, Changmin’s the only who deliberately showed that he’s interested to succeeds his father’s business. He has every reason to and they believed that Changmin could do it. He’s a smart and that company would undoubtedly have a bright future in his hand.

 

And Yunho…judging from the way he’s talking, it’s so obvious that he knew what he wants in his life. Then that’s mean; it’s just him who still couldn’t figure out what he really wants in his life.

 

“It’s fine if you still couldn’t figure out what do you want to do…” Junsu flung his arm on Jaejoong’s shoulder, drawing his attention to him.

 

“…it’s just a plan though…and not everything we planned will turn out the way we want it to be…as your friend, I want you to remember this…in case if you’re stuck, just follow your heart and don’t be afraid to make mistake…we’re still young and making mistake is one of the learning process in life…”

 

“…and besides, you have Yunho…I’m sure he will always be there for you, to correct and to support…” He gave a friendly pat on Jaejoong’s back as he added.

 

That’s right. Yunho said the same thing too.

 

*******

 

Sitting in the limousine, Jaejoong had his eyes fixed on his tablet PC; prepped himself for the birthday party. To his mind, everything has to work out perfectly that day for the sake of Bo Mi and Ga Eul, that’s the least thing he could do to make up for the delay of the celebration.

 

He made thorough browse on his list, rechecked the schedule for the day, names of the important guests, the menu and he even memorized the names of the children who have the allergies in an attempt to prepare for the worst. This is not just another plain normal or simple birthday party. It’s a charity after all and such event will gather a huge number of presses from different broadcast companies especially when it involves the big names in the country.

 

Mistake is intolerable.

 

Aside from that, Jaejoong had another reason in indulging himself in preparing such a flawless event – it’s the perfect distraction for him to avoid facing Yunho. He’s been avoiding him for the whole day since yesterday and he will continue doing that until he could come up with the right answer. And that event is a strong excuse for him to run away from Yunho without offending him.

 

They’re on their way to the amusement park but the atmosphere in that limousine was as cold as the weather at the North Pole. Luckily for him that he doesn’t have to sit in that car with Yunho alone as his parents were there acting as the barricade, separating them.

 

Yunho sat at the very end of that long seat while he’s sitting on the other end.

 

“What happened with the two of them?” Mr.Kim asked his wife in whispering tone.

 

Their gaze swept from Yunho and then to Jaejoong. Jaejoong was too engrossed in talking to himself while reviewing the schedule and Yunho seems couldn’t take his eyes off the window. Both of them have been acting that way ever since they stepped into the car; intentionally isolating themselves from each other.

 

“I wish I could tell you what’s wrong with them…” Mrs.Kim answered, sitting stiffly on the seat while clinging onto her husband.

 

“Can’t we do something about this?” Mrs.Kim was talking about the idea to brighten up the cloudy atmosphere whirled around them. It’s too tense that they felt like it’s hard for them to breathe.

 

“How about we jump out of this car?”

 

Mrs.Kim rolled her eyes. She’s expecting a brilliant idea from her husband but still appreciated that foolish joke. At least he can still crack a joke. Just like their prayers were answered, the car stopped.

 

“Sir…we are here…” the butler informed them and the driver ran out to open up the door for them. Mr & Mrs.Kim were the first one to step out from the car and Jaejoong followed him next.

 

“Mummy,daddy…I have to go find them…” Jaejoong said, already running.

 

“Okay…go…leave the rest to us…” Mr. Kim replied, motioned with his hand allowing him to go.

 

The place will not be opened for another hour and that’s mean, they only have one hour to prepare before the arrival of the guests. Jaejoong sprinted hard heading towards Junsu and Changmin, forgetting about Yunho. He only remember about him by the time he reached at Junsu and Changmin’s place, and that’s also because he was reminded about it.

 

“I thought he’s right behind me…” Jaejoong said, turning around looking for him.

 

Fanning himself with one hand, his left hand reached out for the handkerchief from inside his jacket. He dabbed it on his forehead and down to his temple.

 

“He’s not here…” Junsu stated.

 

Looking around, he was able to spot his parents from among the crowds but not Yunho. Yunho wasn’t even anywhere nearby them.

 

“Where is he?”

 

“Jaejoong oppa~ come here…we want to introduce to you our new friends~!” Bo Mi and Ga Eul took his completely off guard, pulling both of his hands as they’re advancing towards a group of children.

 

“A-aah…okay okay…slow down a bit…” Jaejoong lost his balance and stumbled as he’s trying to catch up with their speeds.

 

The briefing, he thought…yes, he has a briefing to do. In fact he has so many things to do and he has to do it quick. It’s not the time for him to think about something else and definitely not Yunho. He will just have to pack everything about him, hid it at the back of his head and stay focus of what’s more important – the event.

 

“I can’t wait any longer…”

 

“…otherwise I can’t promise you if there’s any chance for us to be together after that…”

 

It’s hard. Even if he admonished himself, don’t even want to think about it…it’s hard because it’s Yunho. Yunho will always be a part of his life, someone important…someone that he could risk of losing…

 

“He’s not trying to disappear just like that, is he?”

 

“…in case if you’re stuck, just follow your heart…”

 

“Junsu-ah! Changmin-ah! Need some helps here!” He shouted to the two of them.

 

“I need to find Yunho…there’s something that I want to tell him…can you handle this for me?”

 

“Okay…do what you have to do…”

 

“Thanks…count on you two…I’ll be back as fast as I could…” He slammed the tablet pc to Junsu’s chest and took out his phone.

 

Pressing the slim smart phone close to his ear, he sidled his way through the flood of running children. They were all over the place; wearing coordinated pink cotton dresses looking so bright and cheerful. The guests slowly began filling up the space. Along the way, his mouth has been chanting the same thing all over again.

 

‘Please pick up the phone…please’

 

“Yobeoseyo…”

 

His heart stopped beating for a moment when he heard Yunho’s voice.

 

“Yunho-ah!” he almost shouted that one name out of his lung.

 

“Emm…”

 

“Where are you?” Jaejoong tried not to sound too desperate even though he thought like he was about to lose his mind when he couldn’t see him.

 

“Somewhere where I can see you…” Yunho answered calmly.

 

‘Glad, that could narrow down to ‘everywhere’!’ Jaejoong screamed inside his head.

 

“I don’t like this…I can’t see you…where are you exactly?”

 

The silence slipped in as Yunho left Jaejoong hanging, anxiously waiting for an answer.

 

“Turn around…” Yunho ordered.

 

“…3 o’clock from where you’re standing right now…”

 

Jaejoong followed his instruction and waited until the crowds cleared up a little bit. The nervousness tittered in his chest when he finally saw him – standing next to the gift shop entrance.

 

“Can you say it again?” Still holding onto his phone, he’s counting his steps towards Yunho. Apparently he wasn’t the only one doing that as Yunho too was striding approaching him.

 

“Say what?”

 

“You know what I’m talking about.” Their eyes were gazing at each other, their fingers flexed around the phone even tighter.

 

“Marry me?”

 

“What do you want me to answer?” Standing right in front of each other, both of them finally stopped. Yunho lowered down his phone and Jaejoong too did the same thing.

 

“Just say yes…”

 

“Yes…”

 

“Are you sure? Because you can’t take it back once you said it…”

 

“Yes…” Jaejoong repeated. The relief washed away Yunho’s face and the smile crept in. He opened his palm and asked for Jaejoong’s hand.

 

“Wait…isn’t that-” Jaejoong’s eyes bulged when he saw the ring that Yunho’s holding onto.

 

“Cartier limited edition couple ring…the one you’re dying to own…” Yunho announced as he slipped the ring on Jaejoong’s finger and just like he presumed; it fit perfectly.

 

“So…can you do something for me now?” Clasping their hands together, Jaejoong made a request.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Kiss me…”

 

“My pleasure…” Yunho wrapped his arm around Jaejoong’s waist, pulling him closer for a soul-searing kiss.

 

*******

A/N: Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed~ thanks ^^