"Stay By My Side"

"Playboy v. Playboy"

 

 

Part 19: Stay by My Side

 

 

“Please…just let me see him this one last time…I promise I’d leave right after that…” Yoochun was surrounded by the bodyguards and both of his hands were restrained. He was down on his knees; pleading.

 

“You think I’d let you meet my son?! And then what? So that I would be the bad guy in his eyes for separating both of you…let him hate me for the rest of his life? So that I could see him torturing himself and suffer?!!”

 

Yoochun’s eyes trailed off to the marble floor.

 

“Please…I beg you…I can’t live without him…” the voice choked at his throat and it barely came out.

 

“”WHAT?!! OH GROSS!!! You’re just making me puke!” He sneered.

 

Yoochun looked down; stung by the remarks. He knew how pathetic he sounded like. He looks miserable. But he’s not ashamed by it and he still want to say it because that’s the truth. All he could think about is Junsu. Yoochun knew it for certain that Junsu would hate him for not keeping the promise he made. But he could never forgive himself if he leaves Junsu without saying a word.

 

All he wanted to say is ‘I’m Sorry’ and ‘I love you’.

 

“Please…this is my last request…and I beg you for your discretion this one last time…” Yoochun’s eyes shimmered with tears as he’s pleading.

 

Mr.Kim set his jaw.

 

“NO!”

 

“I’m not open to negotiations! Not now and no in the future! If I hadn’t consider your contribution to my school; you’re probably out there lying somewhere with nothing!” He roared.

 

“NOW TAKE HIM AWAY OUT MY PROPERTY!!!!!” He ordered to his bodyguard while pointing to the door.

 

“PLEASE~!!!” Yoochun lifted his head and stood up but was pushed back down by the bodyguards.

 

“JUNSU-AH!!! I’M HERE, JUNSU-AH!!!!!!” Yoochun lost his control and began screaming calling out for Junsu’s name when his request was turned down. He struggled to break free but he’s powerless against the tough sturdy trained bodyguards. He’s being dragged away easily.

 

“YOU’RE WASTING YOUR TIME CALLING FOR HIM…HE’S NOT HERE! I’VE SENT HIM TO A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN’T FIND HIM ANYMORE!!!”

 

*****

 

“JUNSU-AH!!! I’M HERE, JUNSU-AH!!!!!!”

 

Junsu’s neck stretched right up when heard Yoochun’s voice calling out for him.

 

“Yoochun…” He was alarmed. His gaze drifted to the slight open door.

 

“Young Master! I’m sorry but I can’t let you out…” The butler blocked his way. But who thought someone as frail as Junsu could push the butler away so easily?! Even the butler was too shock by his sudden overwhelming strength despite the fact that Junsu didn’t eat anything for a day!

 

“YOOCHUN-AH!!!” Junsu ran out from his bedroom, knocked several maids along the way, down the staircase to the living room. He squealed when he was caught by his father before he could pass the main door. Yoochun was no longer there but from where they’re standing; Junsu was able to see Yoochun’s car. And it’s leaving.

 

“LET ME GO! LET ME GO!!!” Junsu wriggled to break free but his small figure couldn’t win his father tall build.

 

“YOOCHUN-AH!!!! DON’T LEAVE ME!!!!!!” Junsu cried out as he’s kicking off the floor pushing his father to his limit. With a harsh slap on his face; Junsu fell on his backside with a pained grunt. The clanking and the cracking sound greeted his ears sharply as soon as he landed on the floor.

 

Junsu traced back the source of the sound and discovered a piece of the broken dolphin bracelet on the floor.  The tears created a long line on his cheek as he picked it up.

 

“Yobeo!!!” Mrs.Kim ran hurried to Junsu’s side and knelt down next to her son. She shot her eyes fiercely to her husband; taken aback with Mr.Kim outrageous act.

 

“He’s just a kid!” Mrs.Kim protested.

 

“Stay away from this! I’m trying to teach our kid here! He doesn’t know that we’re trying to protect him!!!”

 

“NO YOU DON’T! YOU JUST WANT TO PROTECT YOUR NAME AND YOUR STATUS! YOU NEVER CARE ABOUT ME! YOU JUST CARE ABOUT YOUR MONEY AND GO AROUND KISSING OTHERS’ BUTTS!!!” Junsu countered.

 

“YOU!”

 

Expecting another blow from him; Mrs.Kim pulled Junsu and secured him protectively in her embrace.

 

“YOU BETTER STOP RIGHT THERE, HEE JOON-AH!”

 

Jaejoong’s parents stepped into the scene followed by Jaejoong, Yunho and Changmin at the back.

 

“Junsu-ah…” Changmin called. Jaejoong walked to him; the tears threatened to fall as he’s witnessing Junsu’s condition. Judging from his red rimmed and swollen eyes; Jaejoong could tell that Junsu’s crying. His ghastly face was enough to mirror the pain that he has to bear.

 

“Junsu-ah…” Jaejoong held back the tears as he called Junsu weakly.

 

“Yoochunie…Yoochunie’s going to leave me…”

 

“Jaejoongie…take Junsu somewhere…Daddy has something to discuss with Junsu’s appa…”

 

Jaejoong nodded.

 

“Junsu-ah…let’s go…”

 

“Where-where are you going to take him?” Mrs.Kim didn’t seem to meekly agree with it. But Changmin couldn’t care less about it as he forced him out of her embrace.

 

Junsu tried to stand but his legs like rubber; so wobbly that he was almost fall down again but luckily Jaejoong was there to catch him.

 

“I’ll carry him…” Yunho offered but Jaejoong declined it by shaking his head.

 

“It’s okay…Changmin’s here to help me…you go start the car first; we need to run after Yoochun Seongsanim…”

 

*****

 

He waited until the kids got out safely; only then he’s back focusing on Junsu’s father.

 

“Hyungnim…I respect you…but you cannot to just barge in and take away my son…this is my family matter...you better leave my property before I call the police and charge you for trespassing and abducting…”

 

Jaejoong’s father smirked.

 

“I can just say that you’re abusing and torturing your son…I believed we have so many eyes witnesses here…”

 

Junsu’s father stifled a groan.

 

“Look…I’m trying to save my family here…if you’re in my place, I believe you would do the same thing too…”

 

“Aniyo…I won’t…because Jaejoongie is much more important to us…he’s my only son…and when you said ‘my family’; you meant it as ‘your family’s name’.”  Joong Shim corrected him.

 

“Easy for you to say! You don’t know how I feel! No matter how hard I work; people won’t acknowledge it and they will always refer to me and my family as the 2nd Kim just because we shared the same family surname!!!”

 

“I’m tired for always being overshadowed by you but I have no choice! The least thing I was hoping for Junsu to do is just behave!” He stated it grudgingly.

 

“And believe me…he’s doing great…falling in love is not a crime…” Jaejoong’s father said in defending tone.

 

“Really?! Have you seen the man?!”

 

“He’s doing something that you cannot do. Loving your son endlessly. You should thank him instead.”

 

Junsu’s father scoffed. His nose flared and his blood’s boiling.

 

“Please don’t make me laugh…”

 

“Money can’t buy all, Hee Joon-ah…if you lost your son, even the money won’t be able to bring him back…don’t be like us…”

 

*****

 

“Park Yoochun~!!!”

 

“Yah~ don’t you have manners? I’m older than you!”

 

But Junsu just stuck out his tongue in return. Yoochun ran after Junsu and caught him from behind.

 

“You’re not wearing the ring…”  Yoochun noticed Junsu’s bare fingers.

 

“I wear it…”

 

“Where? I don’t see it…” Yoochun released Junsu and turned Junsu’s body around so that they’re facing each other.

 

“Here…close to my heart…” Junsu revealed the necklace that he’s wearing. He used the ring as the pendant. He flashed his bright smile to Yoochun soon after.

 

Yoochun’s back right in front of his house; the house that he was about to leave shortly. The house that full with their memories. He rested his wrist atop the steering wheel and his head facing down on his laps; letting the tears to roll down freely.

 

“You would never leave me; right? Promise me that you won’t leave me no matter what happen…promise me that you would fight for us to be together…”

 

“I promise…”

 

A wave of guilt hit him.

 

“Argghh!!!” He slammed his fist on the steering wheel; let out his frustration and anger on the lifeless item.

 

“You’re so stupid, Park Yoochun…You made a promise that you can’t keep. You’re the worst!”

 

He really wanted to fight for their love. But he couldn’t think of any way aside from elopes with Junsu and that isn’t really a good idea. He doesn’t want to start their new life together by being on the top of wanted list. But he couldn’t just leave him like that either. Without Junsu by his side, he’s vulnerable. And in order for them to be together; he has to go through a huge obstacle that is Junsu’s parents.

 

“What should I do, now?” He forced himself to take a deep calming breath. He couldn’t fall apart now.

 

The door to the driver’s side was opened from outside out.

 

“Uncle…where were you? I’ve been looking for you…” Aaron asked; his face pinched with concern.

 

“Would you please help me load the boxes into my car?” Yoochun dodged the question and pushed his long legs out of the car. Aaron backed away giving Yoochun a space to walk and watched him walking into the house.

 

“You’re still leaving?”

 

“It’s not like I have any other choice…” Yoochun answered in an even voice.

 

“There’s always a choice!”

 

“Not this time…” His voice barely came out. He picked up the first box and carried it to his car. After he loaded the first box, he continued with other boxes.

 

“Then I’m going with you…”

 

Yoochun sighed. His face showed a total disagreement.

 

“Please don’t make it hard for me, Aaron-ah…”

 

“You’re brokenhearted and in a new place. Alone! It worries me!”

 

“Thanks…but your mother entrusted you to me, to look after you…to help you get use in the foreign place and putting you in the worst school isn’t a good idea…just stay here… and look after Junsu for me…” His voice lowered at the end of the sentence.

 

“Yoochun-ah…”

 

Both of Yoochun and Aaron turned their heads to the owner of the voice. Yoochun’s eyes bulging out when he met Junsu’s implacable gaze.

 

*****

 

“Yoochun-ah…” Junsu breathed the word on a strangled gasp. His struggle for air bringing him to reach for something to hold onto and Yoochun hurried over to him in that instant.

 

“Junsu-ah…I’m sorry…” Yoochun grabbed Junsu’s lifeless hands in his.

 

Junsu’s bloodless lips quivered. Just one day being separated from Yoochun was enough to make him taste what hell feels like. Yoochun palmed Junsu’s cheek gently and slowly he caressed it with his thumb. His heart ached; seeing Junsu’s pale face. That was the first time he ever see Junsu in that kind of condition. He briefly wondered where the bright Kim Junsu went to and he was the one to blame. He’s the one that caused Junsu to suffer.

 

“You’re still leaving?”

 

“Please forgive me, Junsu-ah…I don’t want to leave…but I’ve promised your father that I will…”

 

“Screw him! Please don’t go…what about me then?!”

 

“Junsu-ah…I love you…I really do…but it doesn’t justify me to just run away with you just because they’re against us. They’re still your parents and without them; there will be no you. ”

 

“I want to prove to them that I can be trusted, that I’m capable to make you happy.  I want to win their hearts and not making them hate me even more, Junsu-ah…yes, it will take some times, but I won’t give up on us…” Yoochun said with a determined expression.

 

Truth to be told; even Yoochun was surprised by his answer. 5 minutes ago; his mind was too blank and cloudy to make a decision. But now that Junsu was standing in front of him, he finally able to come up with a rational solution out of his mist-shrouded mind.

 

“So that’s mean, you’re still leaving?”

 

“We could always find a way to meet each other, Junsu-ah…as long as we have a will to do so…” Yoochun spoke calmly.

 

Junsu looked above Yoochun’s shoulder and the tears that were formed at the corner of his eyes earlier, slid down.

 

“I just want you to stay by my side…it’s that so much to ask?”

 

Yoochun pulled Junsu into a deep hug.

 

“Don’t give up on us, Junsu-ah…we’ll make it work somehow…” Closing his eyes tightly; he sniffed onto Junsu’s scent as he’s capturing every detail about him for him to remember. He didn’t want to miss a single thing. Yoochun planted a soft kiss on Junsu’s temple before he drew away from the latter.

 

“And please don’t blame Jaejoong for this…if not because of him; we don’t know for how long we have to keep our relationship as a secret. And thanks to him, we don’t have to hide anymore. It’s like a huge burden has been lifted from my shoulder…”

 

A relief washed Yoochun’s face as he expressed it out.

 

*****

 

Jaejoong skipped his steps as he walked straight to the living room where everyone gathered.

 

“How is he?” Mrs.Kim asked his son about Junsu.

 

“He’s fine…he’s asleep…” Jaejoong replied and lowered down the couch next to Changmin.

 

“So Junsu’s going to stay here from now on?” Changmin asked Mr.Kim for conformation. Mrs.Kim put down bowls of strawberry sherbet on the table and Changmin immediately grabbed a bowl for him.

 

“It’s for temporary…until his parents cool down…”

 

“Did ahjusshi agreed having Junsu to stay here with us?” Jaejoong joined Changmin digging on the smooth sherbet.

 

“I kind of threatened him…” Mr.Kim burst into a light chuckle a minute later upon recalling it. It’s hard to believe that he applied the same method that Jaejoong used on them before.

 

Make a police report about how they’re abusing Junsu and inform it to the press.

 

Even though it was just an empty threat, it worked. The hair pricked at the back of his neck just by imagining it. Jaejoong really put them in hell by pulling off something like that before.

 

Jaejoong looked around as he’s searching for Yunho. But Yunho was nowhere inside the house; not in the place where he’s visible to his eyes. So he rose up from his seat and made his way to the kitchen expecting to find Yunho in there, who knows probably helping his mother with something. His mother was there doing the dish; alone.

 

“Mummy…have you seen Yunho?”

 

Mrs.Kim looked over.

 

“Outside…he said he wanted to take a walk…”

 

“Thanks…” Jaejoong retreated from the kitchen and changed his direction to the main door.

 

And like what his mother just told him; he spotted Yunho taking a stroll along the cobblestone street with his arms folded to his chest. Jaejoong quickened his steps as he marched across the porch and furtively approaching Yunho from the back. The sound of his flapping sandal drew Yunho’s attention to look back and his gaze fell on Jaejoong. He didn’t say anything but slowed down his steps, giving a chance for Jaejoong to catch up on him.

 

Flailing his hands leisurely; Jaejoong then joined Yunho for a walk. There was a pregnant silence in between them as neither of them speaks of anything. Knowing Yunho for too long, Jaejoong could tell that there’s something occupied inside his head.

 

“What are you thinking?”

 

Yunho looked at him briefly and back staring at the street.

 

“Something…”

 

Jaejoong’s face grew wary. He got a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach as he waiting for Yunho to elaborate. Yunho stopped under the shade of a towering then turn to face him.

 

“I’ve been thinking about this for quite some times…”

 

“I think it’s best if we give each other some spaces…the whole you and me dating each other seems to bring up more issues and problems than happiness…we’re fine when we’re being friends…but now, one problem arose and we turn out to be awkward…”

 

Yunho took a deep breath, the guilt weighed him down.

 

“I love you, Jaejoong-ah…and I just wanna make you happy…but you’re not ready…and forcing my feeling to you would be a really bad idea…lets us back bring friends and rethink it through about this…you’re deserve some space and that’s what I’m going to give you now.”

 

“G-great…” Jaejoong said numbly.

 

“…and who knows…maybe we’re just not meant for each other…maybe we’re just better off as friends…” Yunho said bitterly.

 

Jaejoong could only nod, absorbing the impact of Yunho’s words. Long ago, he accused Yunho for being a jerk who can’t commit in one relationship. What makes him differ then?  He mentally shook his head. That’s not what he wanted it to be. He loves Yunho and he’s being dreaming to spend his whole life with him. Jaejoong fiddled with his fingers, thinking up one lame excuse after another.

 

“Kim Jaejoong say it! Just say that you love him! Say it! That’s the only way that can make him stay”

 

“Yunho-ah…” Jaejoong moistened his dry lips. Out of the sudden, he felt so hard to breathe. The tense suffocated him.

 

“Then I can’t kiss you again after this?” Great! He really wanted to slap himself. That wasn’t what he really wanted to say. Kiss?

 

“Kiss?” Yunho blinked; confused for a moment but later he burst into a laugh.

 

“That was a good start…Joke and tease…” Yunho nodded and ruffled Jaejoong’s hair. Sneaking both of his hands into the pocket of his cardigan, Yunho turned around and let out indefinable sigh.

 

“You won’t leave me, right?” His voice sounded strange even to himself, so high and tight.

 

“If I need you…You’ll come to me, right?”

 

“I…” His voice choked right at his throat. He couldn’t imagine someone else to exist in Yunho’s life other than him. He doesn’t want to imagine it. He couldn’t bear to see someone else stand at his spot.

 

Yunho brought his right hand to place at the back of Jaejoong’s neck, pulling him slowly into his embrace. He then circled his arm around Jaejoong’s waist; so tight so possessive as he’s hugging Jaejoong deeply.

 

“I’ll always stay by your side…I’ll be by your side when you need me and even when you don’t need me, I’ll still be by your side…”

 

‘I love you, Yunho-ah…’ Jaejoong’s heart spoke. Maybe Yunho’s right. He needed some times - times to recover the courage to let it out. And by the time he gains the strength to confess, he was hoping that Yunho’s still there to hear it.

 

*****

 

Jaejoong closed the door slowly behind his back and crawled onto his bed without letting any sound. He then sneaked into the blanket and sank his body next to the sleeping Junsu. Resting his head on the comfy pillow, Jaejoong spaced out in the dark. What Yunho said to him just now replayed for 10th times; so close to his ears.

 

Yunho must have been tired of waiting. Waiting for an assurance from him. why it was so hard for him to let it out. He’s in love Yunho for a long time and he’s been carrying that feeling as long as he remember. Maybe that’s why it’s hard for him to tell Yunho about his real feeling; because he got too used of hiding it. Jaejoong heaved a deep sigh.

 

It was not that long after Jaejoong closed his eyes, ready to fall asleep when he heard the sound of someone’s sobbing. His eyes flew opened.

 

“Junsu-ah?”

 

Junsu’s sleeping facing the other direction and he couldn’t really see him. Jaejoong rose up on his one arm from the mattress and placed his hand on top of Junsu’s arm, peeking over Junsu’s face.

 

“Junsu-ah…you’re up?”

 

Junsu nodded weakly and sobbed into his pillows.

 

“I miss him…I just don’t know how to live without him…”  

 

Jaejoong closed his eyes, sympathy welled inside him. But what he could do aside from telling him that he’s really sorry?

 

“I’m sorry, Junsu-ah…I’m sorry…”

 

Junsu shook his head while sobbing.

 

“It’s not even your fault…I should be the one who say sorry…I knew it from the very beginning that it wasn’t you, that you would never do that to me. But I still blamed you because I need someone to blame…” Junsu hiccupped and his lower lip trembled ominously along with his body.

 

“It’s okay…I understand that…I’m fine with it…” Jaejoong’s big eyes filled with tears.

 

“I should have told you about it…I’m sorry…”

 

“It’s fine…it’s fine…” Junsu shrank his head back on the pillow. Jaejoong placed his arm across Junsu’s stomach and then pulled Junsu into his embrace. Junsu laced his hand above Jaejoong’s and snuggled closely to him.

 

“Just cry…I’ll be here with you…to support you…” Jaejoong whispered, weeping together along with Junsu.

 

Just then, the door of his bedroom cracked open slightly and the light from the hallway sneaked into. They looked over just to see Changmin was there standing at the door frame.

 

“We’ll always be there for you…” He walked in and closed the door.

 

Crashing on the spot next to Junsu, Changmin too joined Jaejoong in hugging Junsu with Junsu in between them. He’s rarely sleepover but he did that night for the sake of Junsu.

 

“Yeah…we’ll always be there for you…in laugh and tears…” Jaejoong affirmed. Hearing it, Junsu dissolved into another bout of sobbing.

 

*****

 

Junsu just arrived to school and made his way to the class alone. It’s been a week after that incident and Junsu’s still trying to get use living without Yoochun.

 

“Park Yoochun seongsanim was transferred to other school because of him...while he’s escaped from the punishment…how unfair…”

 

“Tsk tsk…what can we do…this school belongs to his father…of course he will be spared…”

 

“But Park Seongsanim is a good seongsanim…and handsome too! And now we lost him”

 

“I don’t know what Park Soengsanim like about him…”

 

“Sshhhhh…you better shut your mouth and if not…you’ll be expelled…”

 

Junsu heard it. Everyone’s been talking about how bad he is; seducing his own teacher. How disgusting he is and lots more. Junsu put on the ear phones and turned it to high volume. They can say whatever they want to say and it’s not like he can stop them from talking. He’s after all not his parents; using money just to shut their mouths and threatened them just for the sake of keeping the good reputation.

 

“Yo!” Changmin flung his arm around Junsu’s shoulder and stuck his head soon after.  Junsu took off his earphone and replied him with a warm smile.

 

“Sorry, we’re late…” Jaejoong appeared and walked on his right side.

 

“So…are we ready for revenge?” Yunho asked while wriggling his dark brows.

 

“Oh…of course…” Junsu answered with a bright tone.

 

Yes, he’s not his parents who prioritize their good reputation more than their son. Yes, he’s the one who’s causing such problem and served him right. But falling in love is not a crime. And he’s not ashamed with it. Still, someone has to pay for putting him and Yoochun in misery. And there’s no better way than using their own way of punishing people.

 

Now that his secret was out in the open, he’s not scared anymore because he has nothing to lose.

 

“Should we opt for violence this time? Punching the face, cracking some bones…” Changmin suggested.

 

“Eyy…that’s so brutal…he’s nice, innocent and fragile…” Jaejoong acted like he’s disagreed to it.

 

“I think you forgot to include one word there…’pretend’…” Yunho corrected him.

 

“Ahhh right…he’s pretending to be nice, innocent, and fragile…”

 

Their laugh erupted. And that was more than enough to send a warn and sign to other people in school that they’re back – still there and stronger than before.

 

As soon as they stepped into their class, Jaejoong got a surprise on his table. It was a box of his favorite chocolate and a bouquet of red rose.

 

“Wow…it’s my favorite chocolate!” He then threw a glance at Yunho.

 

“It’s not from me…” Yunho stated; just like he can read Jaejoong’s mind. Jaejoong pouted. He was about to open up the chocolate box when Yunho snatched it away from him.

 

“Don’t you learn anything from the past incident? Don’t trust others so easily. It could be another trap…” Yunho scolded and threw the chocolate and the flowers into the dustbin.

 

“Yunho got a point…” Changmin chimed in. Jaejoong scowled.

 

*******

A/N: Another update~ more yunjae on next chapter... please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed^^ thanks~