"The Rumor"

"Playboy v. Playboy"

Part 28: The Rumor

           

 

He double clicked the title to read the rest of the news, never really expecting another interesting news attached along side.

 

||Jung Yunho & Kim Jaejoong : They’re more than just childhood friends||

 

There’s a picture of the two of them kissing at the amusement park at the bottom of it.

 

“So they’re really together, huh?” He snorted.

 

“Andrew!” Swiveling in his chair, he called for his assistant.

 

“Yes sir…”

 

“I think it’s time for me to go back to my hometown…”

 

“I’m afraid that your schedule is already packed for the next two months, sir…but I’d start arrange for it…”

 

Upon hearing it, he heaved a deep sigh and leaned his back against his chair. His face’s not showing any good expression.

 

“Two months?”

 

Andrew nodded, affirming it.

 

“I can try to make some adjustment to it, but even so…I don’t think it would make that much different…we just started with the promotion of the new product and we collaborate with a new business partner this time…naturally, they would expect more from us…”

 

Jin Hee nodded. He drummed his finger on the table, letting his thought to flow through. That’s right. The situation doesn’t allow him to leave as soon as he wanted to. Two months aren’t exactly that long but even so, would it be really okay to just leave the two of them like that? He wondered.

 

“Sir?” Andrew prompted, waited for the next instruction.

 

“Do whatever you can do…rearrange things…I can’t wait for two months…I don’t like this…I hate when things are getting out of my hands…”

 

“This is interesting! Never thought that a mere rumor could bother you to that extent…”

 

They turned to see BoA stride into the room, a sarcastic smile on her face. Andrew lowered his head and stepped back.

 

“Andrew…please reminds me to send a letter of gratitude to the Seoul Press later on…” She motioned with her finger and inserted a mocking laugh at the end.

 

Jin Hee just kept his mouth shut, didn’t question much about the way she behaves. He got used to it already. His own son hates him, and it’s like a bonus to have his step-daughter resents him too.

 

“What are you implying?”

 

BoA’s face changed to a serious one when her eyes met his.

 

“I meant what I said. We already knew how much Yunho loves Jaejoongie and a rumor about they’re dating each other should not surprise us anymore…at least I don’t…”

 

“…but what surprise me is you…the way you reacted to this news got me tickled. And what’s with the rush to go back to Seoul? To do what exactly? They’re just dating each and it’s not like they’re getting married tomorrow…they’re just kids!”

 

*****

 

“This kid!” Mr.Kim barged into Jaejoong’s room, stopped by the bed post – eyeing his precious son for a moment.

 

He’s too cute sleeping like that; like an innocent baby. For the one who seems like he wouldn’t hurt a bug, Mr.Kim couldn’t believe that he’s that evil – even willing to bring down his own parents. His breathing turned heavier by the second, his face reddened as he’s holding back his anger from exploding and began pulling the blanket off Jaejoong’s body.

 

“Eung…go away…I still want to sleep…” With his eyes closed, Jaejoong tugged back the blanket and snuggled back to sleep.

 

“KIM JAEJOONG!!!” Mr.Kim cried out at the top of his lung but Jaejoong just ignored him. He pretended like it’s just the sound of thunder during rainy days and pulled the pillow and covered up his ears with it.

 

Seeing that, Mr.Kim’s irritation just rose up to another level. Fumed; Mr.Kim threw away the blanket and grabbed Jaejoong by his ankles.

 

“Chagiya~careful…don’t hurt him…he’s just a kid…” Mrs.Kim rushed to his side and clamped her hand on his arm; preventing her husband from doing something that they will regret later on.

 

“Right! This person you called as kid will be the end of us!” With that, he dragged Jaejoong off the bed forcefully.

 

“Ouch~!!” Jaejoong’s eyes flew open when he landed down on the floor, hard and it stung his .

 

“The hell! DADDY~!!!”  Jaejoong grumbled while rubbing his . His eyes were wide and bigger as they’re shooting dagger at the perpetrator.

 

 “KIM JAEJOONG! WHAT ARE YOU UP TO NOW?!!! WHAT DID YOU DO?!!!”

 

“W-what?! I did what?!” Jaejoong brushed both of his eyes and pulled himself to sit on the bed. He’s staring at Mr.Kim with a confused look. Not only that his father just ruined his peaceful journey to dreamland, he got accused for something that he didn’t commit.

 

“What? Was it because we prohibited you from taking part in wedding preparation? Is that it?!”

 

Jaejoong looked at him then to his mother with a mixture of confusion and exasperation, unable to comprehend a word he said.

 

“What are you talking about? I told you before that I don’t mind. My head’s full with so many things that I didn’t have the time to think about it…” The honesty rang in his voice as he’s replying to it, though he still couldn’t figure out what’s really going on.

 

Truth to be told, he had a hard time studying under Yunho’s guidance. It’s torturing him and squeezing all his energy out. He’s restless. Now he understands why people said “don’t ever learn driving from your boyfriend”.  To put it simply, don’t ever learn anything from your boyfriend!

 

Scratching the back of his head, Jaejoong yawned. He just wished that he could just go back to sleep.

 

“Then what are they doing out there if you’re not responsible for it?”

 

“They? Who?” Jaejoong blinked blankly. The puzzle pieces seem to get scatter away rather than connect to each other.

 

“The presses. They’re ‘camping’ outside of the main gate. You know, like what you did to us before….” Mrs.Kim told him.

 

“W-what?!!” Jaejoong’s eyes strangely feel fresh. He jumped off his bed and made a dash to the mini living room.

 

He grabbed the remote control and aimed it to the flat screen TV, changed it to the CCTV mode where he could see the chaos outside the gate. His jaw hangs low when he saw the flock of press from different broadcast stations competing against one another to earn the exclusive right over the news? But what is it?

 

“Are you sure this is not one of your avenging trick again?”

 

“MUMMY~! DADDY~!”

 

“Sorry…we just have to make sure…”

 

“Whatever that is, it’s not me, okay!” Jaejoong made a firm clarification, once for all.

 

“Look! It’s Yunho’s car!” Mr.Kim alerted them, pointing to the screen.

 

“Maybe he knew something…” He threw the remote on the sofa and breezed out from his room to get to Yunho. Both of his parents trailed after him.

 

*****

 

“That was outrageous! I barely passed the front gate when I got ambushed from every corner! They’re insane!” Yunho slammed shut the car’s door and entered the mansion where Jaejoong’s already waiting for him.

 

“What happened, really?” Jaejoong dragged a hand through his messy hair.

 

“This is what happened.” Yunho handed the tablet to Mr.Kim and showed them headlines.

 

“They want to know whether we’re really dating each other or whether it’s for the sake of family reputation. Some unknown sources told them that we’re even preparing for the wedding…this rumor spread fast like wildfire…”

 

“Oh this is not good…” Mr.Kim muttered numbly.

 

They’re supposed to lay low until they got married. The announcement should be made after the ceremony is completed.

 

“This is really bad…”

 

They’re too busy with the preparation that they didn’t have the time to keep up with the latest news. If not, something like that can be avoided and everything will remain concealed until it’s confirmed. If they don’t do something about it fast, the press would definitely go for the Jung next. Who knows maybe the other side has already found out about it?

 

Jung Jin Hee’s another thing. Now that the wedding issue is being brought up, it intimidates other companies as they’re thinking that two strong big empires will about to merge.

 

“Daddy…” Jaejoong linked his arm with Mr.Kim when he noticed the troubled look on plastered on his face.

 

“I’m sorry…I’m really sorry…” Jaejoong apologized.

 

Mr.Kim shook his head and flashed him a smile.

 

“It’s alright…compared to what you’ve done to us before…this is nothing…” Patting his son’s hand, he made a joke about the past incident.

 

“Daddy~!” Jaejoong pouted.

 

Mr.Kim in an air and glanced at Yunho.

 

“For now…Yunho, it’s better if Joongie live with you…avoid appearing in public places and minimize your activities…You guys might want to avoid the school ground as well…I’ll arrange for the teachers to teach you at home…other than that, just leave everything to me…”

 

Yunho and Jaejoong nodded after exchanging glances.

 

“Then I’ll go pack my bag and get ready…” Jaejoong said and jogged back to his room.

 

*****

 

Yunho sped right after the car moved past the back entrance which in size-wise; it’s equivalent with the size of the front gate. The soft ballad song played through the speaker and Yunho just hummed along, his fingers tapping against the steering.

 

Jaejoong on the other hand just sat silently on the passenger seat, busy texting with Junsu and Changmin. His mouth quirked a soft smile when he heard the soft hum coming from his right side. After finished typing the last sentence, he took his time to read it through once before clicked send.

 

He then glanced at Yunho but said nothing. He’s just simply staring at him, feeling somewhat responsible for the mess. If it’s not because of him who asked Yunho to kiss him the other day, then things weren’t turn out that complicated.

 

“I’m sorry…this is all my fault…” Jaejoong blurted with a low voice.                                

 

“It’s our fault…” Yunho corrected him, his gaze steady on the road.

 

“It needs two consented people to do it and if you still remember, I did say ‘my pleasure’ before we kissed…” He turned to look at him, one corner of his mouth tipped up with a smile.

 

“Then we kinda got carried away…”

 

He sputtered out laugh to cover up the blush on his face upon recalling that kiss. And slowly he nodded. They got lost in their own world. That’s what being with Yunho makes him feels like, like the world around him stopped spinning. He stopped wondering what happened, why white considered as bright or why black is dark. To him, it doesn’t matter anymore as long he can be with Yunho.

 

He took a deep breath and looked out the window. Frowning, he darted a confused look at Yunho then back out of the window; finally registered to his mind that they’re actually heading to a different direction.

 

“Where are we going? Aren’t we going to your house?”

 

“We’re going to a much safer place…a bit far from the city but yeah…it’s safe…”

 

“Where?”

 

“Emmm…You’ll see…” Yunho said with an unexplainable grin that caused Jaejoong to frown harder.

 

*****

 

Yunho climbed out of the car and moved to the back of the car and began unloaded their luggage. But when he noticed that Jaejoong didn’t even move an inch from his seat, he put down the luggage on the ground first then went to knock the window, motioning Jaejoong to come out.

 

Jaejoong slowly got out of the car, looking so daze. After about an hour and 15 minutes drive, they finally arrived at their destination.

 

A brisk wind blew wisps of hair on Jaejoong’s face, tickling his cheek until he brushed them back. He stared in awe at the house that stood proudly before him and continued admiring it.

 

The house sat on the hill, a bit isolated from other houses and built on private property. It’s not as big as their mansions but still can be considered as big and luxurious. It’s fully equipped with high-tech security and got a touch from the professional help. Judging from the paint and the landscape, Jaejoong could tell that the house has yet reached its 1st year living on Earth.

 

“You like it?” Yunho’s voice sounded at a very close distance.

 

“Whose house is this?”

 

Yunho took his time to answer that question. The smile came out first before the words. As he’s waiting patiently, Jaejoong’s eyes followed Yunho’s hands that reached out for his own. Gently, Yunho linked their fingers together. He lifted Jaejoong’s hand to his lips and pressed kisses to it.

 

“Our house…” Yunho blurted. Jaejoong widened his eyes in surprise.

 

“W-what? Seriously?!”

 

“Cost me a fortune but I guess it’s worth it…of course, I couldn’t afford it without your parents. They contributed to half of this…they insisted it as a wedding gift.”

 

Jaejoong couldn’t help it and squealed as he threw his arms around Yunho’s neck.

 

“Thank you, Yunho-ah~ I really love it!” He pulled back, his eyes shined as he smiled. He couldn’t stop smile.

 

The wind breezed through again and this time Yunho helped Jaejoong by brushing his hair to the back. After that, he laid his hand on Jaejoong’s face for a moment, looked him in the eyes.

 

“It’s our house…our home…”

 

“Our home…” Jaejoong repeated after Yunho, still having trouble to accept that they’re finally have a home of their own. Home. Their home. They’re actually building a life together and it’s not one of those dreams. It’s real.

 

“You’re mine, right?”

 

Yunho was taken aback with Jaejoong’s sudden question, thought that he’s joking but seeing his serious face, Yunho nodded.

 

“You’re mine…”

 

“Yes, I’m yours…” Yunho asserted with confident. He shifted closer and wrapped his arm around Jaejoong’s waist – not breaking eye contact.

 

“This is our house…”

 

“Yes, it’s our house…”

 

With a pleasant sigh, Jaejoong moved closer and laid his head on Yunho’s shoulder.

 

*****

 

"We’re really sorry that you guys were dragged into all this mess…” Jaejoong conveyed his sincere apology to Junsu and Changmin. Because of them, Junsu and Changmin have to stay with them until everything’s settled.

 

“I don’t mind…it’s just that, we hope we’re not intruding….you know…” Junsu paused, sending them a teasing smile.

 

“…this would be the first night you two spend in your own house…” He finished it with a wink.

 

It never comes to Jaejoong’s eyes about that matter, until second ago when Junsu reminded him. He could feel the heat rise on his cheeks which he tried to cover it up with a laugh.

 

“Don’t worry…this is not our first night together…” Yunho decided to play along and that earned him a reward when Jaejoong smacked him on his chest.

 

“Are you sure you’re a guy? Because that doesn’t hurt at all…”

 

“Yah~!!!” Sending him a deadly glare, Jaejoong gave Yunho another blow on his lower abdomen and got him coughed up a little.

 

“Serve you right…!” He scowled and crossed his arms to his chest.

 

Averting his eyes to the other direction, his gaze then fell on Changmin who’s sitting at the other side. He realized that Changmin wasn’t speaking a word ever since they arrived.

 

“Changmin-ah…”

 

“U-ummm?” Changmin startled.

 

“I can understand if you’re not happy staying here with us…I’m really sorry…”

 

“Ah? Ah…not that…I’m perfectly fine with it…it’s good to be able to spend our time together like this…” His expression however contradicted with what he just claimed it to be. All eyes were on him.

 

“Then…?” Jaejoong’s voice broke off when they heard him sigh, watched him closed his eyes as he leaned his back.

 

“Is this because of the date with Kibum seongsanim?”

 

“That’s right…you never told us anything about your date with him…what happened? Everything okay?”

 

Changmin answered with a groan of frustration and they have the idea of pretty much what’s going on.

 

“I never thought that love can be this complicated…” Changmin muttered, a muscle knotted his jaw.

 

“Welcome to our world…” The three of them unexpectedly blurted the same thing at the same time.

 

“Yeah…right…”

 

*Flashback

Their date wasn’t turned out the way he wanted it to be. Kibum unfortunately couldn’t leave the orphanage as there’re not enough teachers to look after the children that day. To not let down Changmin, Kibum suggested for him to accompany him at the orphanage instead.

 

When he thought they would be spending their times together surrounded by little innocent kids, he was so damn wrong.

 

“What the hell are you doing here?!!!” Changmin shouted, his finger’s pointing at Karam.

 

“Shouldn’t I be the one asking you that question?!” Karam shot back.

 

Kibum stepped in the middle with an intention to stop them from attacking each other, both physically and verbally when the clerk called for him.

 

“Please guys…please get along with each other while I’m gone…”

 

“NEVER!!!”

 

“What are you doing here, you thief? Aren’t you too old to live here at this orphanage? Go spend the money you stole from me somewhere else than being an eye sore here…!”

 

“I’m not a thief you jerk!  You donated it. And for your information, I’ve already used all of it but not for me…for the kids! Unlike you who don’t know how to appreaciate and just throw your money away, I spent the moment to design their clothes, bought the materials and sew all of them myself!”

 

Changmin dodged the book that Karam threw at him. He opened up his mouth then closed it back. Is this guy insane? - he wondered.

 

*****

 

Kibum took a sip slowly and lowered down his juice glass to meet Changmin’s gaze. He smiled as he’s eyeing the latter – feeling rather amused.

 

“What’s funny?”

 

Kibum replied him with a shrug. His hand curled around the glass, feeling the water dripped down and wet his palm.

 

“Nothing much…we’ve been sitting here for almost an hour already…”

 

“Yes…I know that…so?”

 

“The only thing that came out from your mouth is relating to Karam…”

 

“That’s because he’s annoying me! Everything he did irritated me…can’t he just go buy the clothes at the mall? What’s with the sewing and all that? And doesn’t he have any other place to go?” Changmin retorted. He snatched for the glass and wet his throat.

 

“Are you sure it’s because he’s annoying you? Because to me, it sounds like you really care about him…”

*Flashback End

 

“THAT’S ABSURD! He’s crazy!” Changmin snapped.

 

“Kibum seongsanim is crazy?” Junsu’s eyes widened, shocked.

 

“Not him…it’s Karam!”

 

“Who’s Karam?” Yunho and Jaejoong couldn’t quite grasp it. They’re hoping for more elaboration.

 

“Aish…I don’t care anymore. Sorry guys, I have to excuse myself…I need a cold shower, hot bath, whatever!” He rose up and made his way to his room, leaving his friends dumbfounded.

 

*****

 

Yunho closed the door behind his back and walked over to Jaejoong who is busy reading the text messages from his mother.

 

“Now it’s just the two of us…” His hands moved to Jaejoong’s shoulders, drawing the shorter man close to him and dropped his hands to his waist. He teased Jaejoong by nuzzling his nose to his neck, trailing an invisible line.

 

Jaejoong just responded it with a soft giggle, in the middle of replying the text message to his mother but latter was interrupted when Yunho pried the phone away from his hand.

 

“Yah~ what are you doing? Give it back to me…” Jaejoong tried to reach out for his phone but Yunho restrained him, twirling his body around so that they’re now facing each other.

 

“Just look at me…Look at me…” Yunho asked and pushed him down slowly on the bed, with him on top of Jaejoong.

 

Like he was under the spell; Jaejoong did what Yunho asked him to do – just looking at him, his hand travelled to every corner of Yunho’s face.  The necklace dangled out from his shirt as he moved down to capture Jaejoong’s mouth and it’s just a small gap left before their lips could brush each other when out of a sudden, Yunho’s phone rang.

 

Swallowing a groan, Yunho rolled off Jaejoong’s body and extended his hand for the phone on the bedside table.

 

“Ah~ noona…” He pulled him up to a sitting position and Jaejoong copied him.

 

There was a long silent when Yunho didn’t say anything but just listened. Jaejoong could tell that there’s something wrong as he scanned Yunho’s face and saw the tension in it.

 

“What’s wrong?” Jaejoong asked as soon as Yunho ended the call.

 

“It’s BoA noona…she told me that my father has already found out about us…he wanted to come here as soon as possible but the works held him back…”

 

“…and she said, if there’s anything that I want to do without him being there to interfere…better do it fast…”  

 

*******

A/N: Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed~ thanks ^^