"Double Trouble"

"Playboy v. Playboy"

Part 14: Double Trouble

 

 

Changmin knew his gut was telling him the right thing when his mother suddenly eager to hang out with the twins. He should never trust his mother.

 

“Changmin-ah…it’s been a long time since omma go out for a fresh air…omma wanna bring Bo Mi and Ga Eul too…” Changmin’s grip on the twins’ shoulders tightened.

 

The twins looked up to meet his worry eyes.

 

“Omma said it’s like mother-daughters day…” Oblivious with their mother’s real condition; the twins smiled excitedly.

 

“That’s right…we’re going to spend today having fun like we never did before…” His mother flashed a pretty convincing smile.

 

Didn’t want to crush the twins happiness; Changmin let them go with a heavy heart.

 

Changmin was about to run into the rain when Yunho pulled him roughly by his shoulder. His action earned a death glare from Changmin.

 

“Riding my car would be a better idea…” Yunho stressed it out and ran straight to the garage; to get his car before Changmin change his mind.

 

*****

 

Junsu put down the picture back on its place.

 

“So what do you wanna talk about?” He turned around; letting his guard down when Yoochun surprisingly kissed him.

 

Junsu froze as Yoochun’s wet minty mouth assaulted his lips. He stood there with his eyes wide open before he jerk away from him; pushing Yoochun hard by his chest.

 

“YAH! What the hell are you thinking? We’re in the school!!!” Junsu snapped. He didn’t know what’s going on inside Yoochun’s head at that time; but it cannot be an excuse to risk what they have.

 

“Can’t I kiss my own lover?!”

 

“NOT AT THIS KIND OF PLACE!!!” Junsu raised the tone of his voice.

 

“What’s wrong with you?!” He snarled.

 

*At the same time

Ren just got back from the bathroom and he happened to pass by the teacher’s room.

 

“NOT AT THIS KIND OF PLACE!!!”

 

Ren halted his steps.

 

“Park Yoochun seongsanim” He read the name on the door. He checked his surrounding before moving closer to the door; to eavesdrop.

 

“What’s wrong with you?!”

 

“Why you’re not answering me?!”

 

“Junsu-ah…I’m sorry…I kinda lost control just now…I”

 

“Junsu?” Ren blinked his eyes. The name sounded so familiar to his ears. He smirked. Whatever that is; it’s really breaking news.

 

He decided to just walk away upon seeing another student’s coming to his direction.

 

*****

 

Yunho didn't even turn off the engine yet when Changmin just ran out from the car and stormed into his house furiously.

 

Both Yunho and Jaejoong were given no choice but to go after him. Jaejoong had seen Changmin in his worst condition before. Whenever something or someone upset him; Changmin has this tendency to resort to violence.

 

“Omo Changmin-ah~ you’re home already? Just wait; omma will cook something special for you~” His mother greeted him sweetly.

 

“JUST CUT THE CRAP!!!!! WHERE DID YOU LEAVE BO MI AND GA EUL?!!!! WHERE?”

 

Mrs. Shim flinched in surprise. She advanced closer to Changmin while her hands reaching out to touch him; attempting to calm him down but Changmin just brushed her hands away harshly.

 

“WHEREEEEEEEE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

Mrs. Shim closed her ears. Fear evidenced on her face.

 

“O-Omma…” She stammered.

 

“I should have known it…I could never trust you…YOU’RE THE WORST MOTHER I’VE EVER MET!!!”

 

The tears started to pool at the corner of her eyes.

 

“Oh please…save your tears…I’m not gonna fall with that kind of cheap trick!” Changmin scathed.

 

“Why did you do this to me? I’m your mother…” her bottom lip trembled.

 

Changmin scoffed. He then laughed in mockery.

 

“My mother? Now you call yourself a mother? After what you have done to me? After what you have done to your own husband? Did you ever consider yourself a mother when you went around cheating behind appa’s back?” 

 

“YOU’RE WILLING TO ABANDON ME SO THAT YOU CAN FOLLOW THAT BASTARD!!!” Changmin pointed to his chest with his gritted teeth. The tears dropped down after he said that.

 

“Still…I could forgive you for neglecting me…I gave you a chance to change…but why you did this to us?”

 

“I hate being in this family…I hate married to your father…” She spilled out.

 

“Don’t you remember who’s the one willingly accepted you after you got dumped? Don’t you remember who’s the one willingly accepted you even after you got pregnant with someone else’s children?”

 

She covered both of her ears; didn’t wish to listen. She shook her head again and again; denying it.

 

“What Bo Mi and Gae Eul have done to you? They’re your daughters!”

 

“I hate them!” She said; her eyes glaring at Changmin.

 

“They reminds me the mistake that I’ve done…and I cannot move on because of them!!! All they have to do is to disappear and everything will be back to normal again…”

 

Jaejoong reached out for Yunho’s hand. It must be really hard for Changmin to hear that coming out from his own mother’s mouth. Yunho looked to him and twitched his hand gently.

 

Changmin closed his eyes. The muscle knotted at his jaw.

 

“You…tricked them and then abandoned them somewhere…you think that’s gonna fix the mess you’ve caused?”

 

Changmin then laughed hysterically; eyeing for the golf stick that belongs to his father.

 

He pulled the golf stick out from the bag and started to swing it smashing everything within his range and reach. From the tiny little things arranged on the furniture; the coffee table; to the expensive gold imported vases. And even the Chrystal chandeliers hang up above couldn’t escape his wrath.

 

“THEY’RE JUST KIDS!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEY DID NOTHING WRONG TO YOU!!! OUT OF ALL PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD; YOU SHOULD BE THE ONE WHO’S SUPPOSED TO BE KIND TO THEM BECAUSE YOU’RE THEIR MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

Changmin took another swing and smashed everything that his eyes landed to.

 

Everyone started to scoot away to avoid the shattered glasses which flying to different directions. When Changmin's in that condition; there’s no use stopping him unless you have a death wish.

 

“WHERE?! TELL ME WHERE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”  His high pitch voice rumbled.

 

Yunho pulled Jaejoong closer to him; protecting him from getting hurt. Just then; a man appeared joining them right at the main door.

 

“Ahjusshi!” Jaejoong blurted. It was Changmin’s father. Changmin has been ringing him several times when they’re in Yunho’s car.

 

“Jaejoongie…” He smiled briefly to him and to Yunho.

 

Changmin wasn’t aware about his presence yet as he continued destroying the living room.

 

“Shim Cangmin!”

 

His firm voice succeeds to distract Changmin. Their facial expressions totally contradicted each other. Mr Shim remains calm as calm as he’s always be but Changmin’s face smeared with the color of red because of suppressing his anger.

 

“I’ve found them…” He said with a soft tone.

 

He dropped down the golf stick to the floor. The tears rolled down at the very end.

 

“They’re in the car…they cried till they fall asleep…”

 

Changmin pushed them out of his way and sprinted to his father’s car.

 

Mr. Shim glanced at his wife for a minute and left without saying anything to her.

 

*****

 

Since the living room was wrecked down by Changmin; Mr.Shim invited Yunho and Jaejoong to his office while the maids were cleaning up the mess.

 

They have no idea where to start or what to talk about. They just found out the biggest secret of Shim’s family and he bet Mr.Shim wasn’t in the mood to elaborate to them any further.

 

The tense atmosphere in that room caused Jaejoong to sit stiffly on the seat. It’s lucky for him that Yunho was there with him too. If not; he believed that there’s a possibility that he will die due to the suffocation.

 

“It was my fault…” Mr.Shim blurted out of the sudden.

 

“I’m sorry?”

 

“It was my fault…” Mr. Shim repeated. He smiled bitterly to both of them.

 

“She…she has mental illness… schizoaffective disorder from what doctor said…she could never got used to the restriction; having her freedom taken away after she got married to me…she lost her mind just to put up to family’s name…and it got worst after she gave birth to Bo Mi and Ga Eul…she isolated herself and spent her time more in the bed than looking after the twins.”

 

They listened to him tentatively.

 

“Ga Eul and Bo Mi…even though they aren’t my children; I love them like I love Changminnie…despite their mother’s condition; I’ve tried to give them what people called as happy home…protecting them with my name…”

 

“Ahjusshi…that’s not your fault…” Jaejoong said; hoping that it would help him.

 

“It is my fault; Jaejoong-ah…if I spend my time to be with her…she’s probably got better by now…and if I spend my time to be with her; hearing out what she wanna say…she probably wouldn’t resolve for another man…Bo Mi and Ga Eul would grow up with the love of their mother…” He let out a heavy sigh. Several lines appeared on his forehead as he’s frowning.

 

“You’re a good person; ahjusshi…I don’t think other people can do like you do…Bo Mi and Ga Eul are lucky to have you as their father…” Jaejoong expressed his feeling. But Mr.Shim disapproved it. He shook his head; denying it.

 

“I thought I can forgive her…I thought I’ve already forgave her…but it’s hard…it’s really hard to look at her without thinking about what she have done to me…the feeling of betrayal will always be there…”

 

Jaejoong’s eyes trailed off to his hands. He then stole a glance at the expressionless man; sitting next to him. Somehow; he could understand what Mr.Shim said. If Yunho ever do something like that to him…he doesn’t know if he still can forgive him.

 

“I let Changminnie deal with everything while I’m running away from my responsibility…I’m such a bad husband and worst father…” He exhaled gruffly.

 

Jaejoong sighed along with him. He didn’t know how to respond to him other than being a good listener.

 

“You are far better than mine…” Yunho who glued his lips tight from the beginning until now; finally spoke. His serious tone tugged Jaejoong’s heart.

 

“Where did you find the twins anyway?” Realized that he had two pair of eyes staring at him; Yunho immediately changed the topic.

 

“When I talked to the twins; they told me that my wife abandoned them at a small place that full with kids…and even have someone who’s acting like a teacher; supervising them. The only thing that could come across my mind is an orphanage…” He said.

 

“Orphanage?” Jaejoong’s eyes widened.

 

Mr.Shim nodded; affirming.

 

“…and the first orphanage that I could think of is the same orphanage my wife tried to abandon Changminnie at…”

 

Both Jaejoong and Yunho looked at each other; exchanging glances.

 

*****

 

There was a pregnant silent in between Yunho and Jaejoong. Both of them kept their mouths shut for different reasons. Of course; what they just found is huge but then everyone has a secret that they wish to keep forever. Everyone’s entitled to their own secret and there’s no need to make a fuss out of it.

 

Jaejoong couldn’t stop thinking about Mrs.Shim. Mrs.Shim’s problem mirrored his own. He stood where he stand right now thanks to his parents. And he never thought that Yunho would actually share the same feeling like him. Hearing that Yunho said that he love him too, it's still not enough to ease his heart.

 

What if Yunho leave him? What should he do then? Would he allow his dark side to pull him down into that miserable path again?

 

“I hope not…” Jaejoong mumbled.

 

Yunho too was deeply immersed in his thought. He somehow envies Changmin. Mr.Shim’s willing to sacrifice for the one he love but his father would do anything just to get the one he love. And when he couldn’t have; he would make sure that no one else would get her as well.

 

“You can hate me…but what makes you think that you won’t do the same thing like I did? I raised you and I know that you’re nothing different than me, Yunho-ah…you have the same temper like me…over possessive, rebellious type…it’s like seeing me when I’m younger…”

 

Closing his eyes tightly; Yunho curled his hand into fist. He’s different than his father; that’s what he’s being trying to convince himself. That’s what he’s been telling himself again and again. But what if his father was right?

 

His blood boils just by hearing someone’s mentioning Siwon’s name. And that night at the club; he lost his temper when Siwon just messed around with him with such a dirty trick. He had to admit that he’s losing his mind just at the thought of losing Jaejoong to someone like that. What if his father was right about him?

 

“I’m not like you…” Yunho mumbled.

 

Jaejoong was oblivious with that fact and if he takes a wrong step then he’ll end up be the bad one in Jaejoong’s eyes. He has to get rid of that Siwon before he gains his courage to do even more worst. But how?

 

“Yunho-ah…” Jaejoong lightly touched his sleeve; snapping him back to the reality.

 

He lifted his head to look at Jaejoong and realized that they’re now standing at door frame of Changmin’s bedroom. He’s tucking the twins on his bed.

 

“Changminnie…” Jaejoong called him softly. He turned around.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

It took him a while to answer it; but he nodded in return. He looks restless. Jaejoong took his steps approaching him and hugged him from the side.

 

“I guess it’s better for us to head home…but if you need anything; don’t hesitate to ask…” Jaejoong whispered to him softly and applied a soft peck on Changmin’s forehead. Changmin nodded; sending a weak smile to them.

 

“You’re not coming?” Jaejoong asked; seeing Yunho didn’t budge.

 

“You go first…there’s something that I need to ask Changmin…”

 

Jaejoong then walked ahead leaving Yunho with them. He waited until Jaejoong was far enough from them; only then he open up his mouth.

 

“What’s wrong?” Changmin was a bit impatient to know.

 

“Changmin-ah…I need your help...” Yunho began.

 

“Help? In what?”

 

“I need you to fire that waiter named Choi Siwon…” Yunho didn’t even hesitate for a second as he blurted it out.

 

“Why what happened?”

 

Yunho never ask anyone for help before. And exactly not from him; Changmin thought. But if he really heard it right then Changmin assumed that it must be really serious.

 

“That Choi Siwon…he’s not what we think he is…he’s dangerous… I need to keep him away from Jaejoong so you have to help me…and we must do it without Jaejoong’s knowledge…”

 

Changmin’s looking at Yunho while squinting his eyes; considering it. He could hear a hint of desperation in Yunho’s voice.  

 

“It’s fine with me…but you owe me one big explanation…” Changmin agreed. Relief washed over Yunho’s face. That was a good start.

 

“Thanks friend…abundant of thanks…” He patted Changmin’s shoulder friendly before walked away.

 

*****

 

*The next morning at ‘Maximum’ Restaurant

 

Siwon was called to the manager’s office. The bad news was delivered to him right away after Changmin made a phone call to the manager of that restaurant.

 

“I’m fired?! Why?!”

 

“For a certain reason…”

 

“But you said I’m a good worker! I rarely made mistakes; I never skipped my work…” Siwon’s underlining his good traits.

 

“Because the big boss said so…” The Manager said firmly; forestalling any argument.

 

Siwon’s mouth gaped slightly; in shock.

 

“Now would you please go…if not; I’d the one he fire next…”

 

He walked aiming for the exit; while lowering his head. But then something hit him. He’s very careful in doing his works and he’s doing it diligently despite doing several part time jobs. The only one he’s ever messed up with is Young Master’s Changmin’s friend. He wondered if he’s the one behind this.

 

“I have one request…can I stay here until this evening? For packing up and saying goodbye to my co-workers…” Siwon asked for the permission. The answer for that question will be out in the open space when lunch comes. He only has to wait until then; to find out.

 

“Do whatever you wanna do…as long as I don’t see your face the next morning…” The Manager gestured it with his hand; brushing it off.

 

*****

 

Jaejoong eyed Yunho and Changmin suspiciously. They’re oddly close to each other and he noticed there’s a lot of whispering and incoherent talk’s going on in between them.

 

Feeling like he was left behind; Jaejoong then pulled Yunho’s hand.

 

“What are you guys talking secretly; huh?” he then squeezed himself in between the two of them; standing in the middle.

 

“Nothing much…just planning for the next basketball match…” Changmin quickly came up with an excuse. Jaejoong pouted.

 

Basketball wasn’t really his thing and he didn’t understand these two maniacs. Out of the court they’re friendly and when they’re in the court; they acted like they’re the worst enemy ever.

 

“Now I really wish that Junsu’s here with me…” He scowled and slipped out of the line; tailing them from the back.

 

The door of the restaurant was opened by the waiter; welcoming them like usual. Yunho’s steps died when he spotted that face. And so does Changmin.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Choi Siwon-shi…” Jaejoong greeted him with a wide smile as he walked in. Siwon bowed down respectively. His mouth tipped up a smile.

 

Changmin folded his arms as he moved closer to him.

 

“I thought I’ve already ordered the manager to fire you…” Changmin sent him a sharp glare that was ready to pierce him through.

 

“Yes…he delivered it to me clearly; Young Master…” Siwon replied; still being polite.

 

“Then why am I still seeing you here?”

 

“Now since I’m no longer working here…I’m no longer bound to respect our guest there…” Siwon’s talking about Yunho. He kept his smile on his face when Yunho fixed his eyes at him.

 

“Is this the only thing that you can do?” The smile just now disappeared.

 

“Using your acquaintance to make me suffer? Just because you have money and your status; that wouldn’t make me stay away from getting Jaejoong-shi…” He snorted.

 

“That’s it…!” Changmin pulled him by his collar and dragged him roughly to a deserted alley nearby.

 

Yunho looked at Jaejoong; checking the line before he’s joining Changmin at the alley.

 

Changmin threw Siwon on the street and pressed his boot hard on his chest before Siwon could ever fight him.

 

“I’m really in a bad mood and seriously…I’m glad that you chose to piss me off today; then I don’t have to hesitate at all…” Changmin spat on the road and started to kick him at his stomach on the same spot multiple times.

 

Yunho on the other hand closed his one eye as he’s letting Changmin to express his frustration and anger violently; using Siwon as his punching bag.

 

That man deserved it!

 

“Hahahahaha!!!!!” Siwon’s laughter irritated Yunho. His hand trembled.

 

“You’re such a coward! You know I wouldn’t dare to fight Young Master and you just stand there; letting him doing whatever he wants…you don’t have to lift your one finger and risk dirtying your hand!!!!!”

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You’re stupid and coward!!!!! Why Jaejoong-shi ever picked you?!!!! I guess he must be really an angel!” He yelled at Yunho; intentionally provoking him.

 

“Just ignore this bastard Yunho-ah…he couldn’t admit that he was the pathetic one!” Changmin launched another punch on his face.

 

Clenching his teeth; the muscle knotted on Yunho’s jaw. He’s breathing uneven; the anger’s heating him up.

 

“STUPID!!!!! I PROMISE I’D MAKE YOU CRY BY STEALING HIM AWAY FROM YOU!!!!”

 

Yunho threw himself on Siwon as he strangled him down on the ground; slamming his fist on Siwon’s face again and again like a serial criminal. He showed no sign to stop even when Siwon’s covered up with blood.

 

“JUNG YUNHO!!!”

 

Jaejoong looked at him in horror.

*******

A/N: Another update~ please support me by subcsribing...comments are most welcomed^^ thanks...*bow*