"The Nightmare"

"Playboy v. Playboy"

Part 31: The Nightmare

 

 

“Go pack your bag and all your other stuffs…we’re leaving tonight…” His mother strolled out the luggage and began throwing all her clothes inside it urgently.

 

“Are you serious? I thought it was just a joke!”

 

Instead of answering his question, she ran into the bathroom and came out not long after that, carrying all her important belongings inside her arms.

 

“So the whole filing the divorce thing is real?”

 

Blowing out a frustration sigh, she flipped her hair to the back and stopped abruptly to give him her attention.

 

“I’m not willing to spend another minute with that monster! He’s beyond salvation! I’m not even surprised if he thinks he’s in the same line as God.”

 

“He’s sleeping around with es, its sooo disgusting that I don’t even want him to lay his filthy hand on me anymore…he thought that he could rule my life just because he has the wealth and the influential status. Tell you what, I wish him to rot in hell!!!” She raised her voice a little bit higher at the end of the sentence; she meant nothing but serious. The worst mistake she ever did is marrying Jung Jin Hee.

 

“Now go!” She dismissed him with her hand and changed her direction toward the drawer.

 

Pulling them roughly, she then ransacked one by one and took whatever she thought she should – her personal belongings, some of her jewelries, the passport and cashes.

 

“B-but…what about Jaejoongie? I don’t want to leave him…What should I tell him?”

 

“Go pack your bags and go settle thing with Jaejoongie…or whatever….and then meets me at the cruise…there’s something that I need to do before we leave…”

 

***

 

 “Omma?”

 

Striding along the corridor, he’s calling out for his mother. He’s been waiting at the dock but other than their driver who’s guarding the luggage for them, his mother was nowhere to be seen. So he decided to go look after her inside.

 

He’s almost reached the VIP suite when he overheard the sounds of two people screaming and yelling at each other. He recognized those voices; it’s his parents in the middle of intense argument.

 

“Screw your money! I don’t want any of them! I didn’t want anything to do with you anymore!!!”

 

“There’s no way I’d allow you to that…you and Yunho are my property and I can do whatever I want to do with you two!!”

 

“GO YOURSELF! I’M GETTING OUT OF HERE AND I’M BRINGING YUNHO ALONG WITH ME!”

 

“YAHH!!! I SAID YOU’RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE, DO YOU HEAR ME?!!!”

 

She jerked free from his grasp and rushed for the exit.

 

“YAHH!!!!!” He was outraged. Feeling furious for being ignored, he grabbed the golf stick and without thinking, he just swung it on the back of her head – several times until he’s fully satisfied.

 

The horror memory of witnessing the red blood sputtering on the door caused Yunho’s eyes to drift open. Both of his arms flew to both sides, clenching the bedspread tightly as if his life was hanging at the tip of that material alone – desperately gasping for the air to breathe.

 

The beating of his heart grew louder and louder that he thought that his heart was about to burst. He threw his straining vision wildly around in searched for something or someone that can help him and that’s when his gaze landed on the eggshell color drapes which were tied up on four corners of the bed.

 

“It was just a dream…” He stated after a moment of assessment. Inhaling another deep calming breath, he pulled himself to a sitting position and rested his back against the headboard.

 

Yunho ran his hand starting from his head and down to his face – wiping off the beads of cold sweats along the way.

 

“It was just a dream…” He repeated; finally remember that he’s in his honeymoon.

 

That sentence should be able to bring peace to him but his body seems couldn’t stop shuddering especially when the fearful images came spreading all over, corrupting his mind like a virus. His blood ran cold and the fear oppressed him like the death angel’s standing just beside him. It was so real and that nightmare nearly annihilated his sense and his sanity.

 

Still trembling, he buried his face in his hands – bitterly weeping.

 

Because it wasn’t just another normal bad dream. It rang inside his mind. Yes. He’s too aware that it wasn’t just a simple nightmare; it’s actually a scoop of his ugly memories that he’s been trying to suppress.

 

It’s all in the past and he stopped having those nightmares until recently. It comes back invading his mind and breaking into the strongest shield of his heart. Because it’s real, he doesn’t know how to make it stop. His mother’s gone and there’s no way for him to resurrect her. All he ever wished is to move on and live a happy life with the one he loves; Jaejoong.

 

Yes, all he needs is Jaejoong.

 

“Jae…” He’s too consumed in his emotion to notice the empty spot next to him.

 

“Jaejoongie?!” But then all his uneasiness swiftly swept away when he found Jaejoong’s bundling himself in a thick blanket; sitting nearby the glass door. Jaejoong had his eyes focused out on the beach, admiring the beauty of the sunrise.

 

“Jaejoongie?”

 

“Yunho-ah…You’re up?”

 

Giving him a glance at him, Jaejoong answered while giving a little adjustment to the blanket hang on his shoulders. The illuminating light from the sun unfortunately caused Yunho struggling to catch the expression on Jaejoong’s face.

 

“What are you doing over there?” Frustrated when his vision was obstructed, Yunho quickly removed the bed clothes and climbed out of bed.

 

“Watching the sunrise…”

 

“It’s just something that I love to do whenever me and my family come here for a vacation…” Jaejoong mentioned.

 

He was enwrapped by the fascinating view when Yunho approached him and settled down just right behind Jaejoong. He then sneaked both of his arms around Jaejoong’s waist as he hugged that man from the back.

 

“Morning…” Yunho greeted simply. He peeked from above Jaejoong’s shoulder and planted a kiss on Jaejoong’s cheek.

 

“Morning…”

 

Jaejoong laced his hand along with Yunho’s and rested his head comfortably against Yunho’s chest.

 

“It’s beautiful isn’t?”

 

Yunho showed his agreement by nodding. He cuddled close to Jaejoong as he’s throwing his gaze far out, capturing the breathtaking view with his other half.

 

“Jaejoong-ah…”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“I love you so much…” Yunho whispered in his throaty voice.

 

“I might not be the perfect man for you and obviously I’m still green to know the sense of responsibility…but I dare to carry one because I need you in my life...With my lacking condition, I can’t even promise that all the great things are waiting for us in the future…”

 

“…but one thing that you can rest assured is that my feeling for you is real…I love you so much that I’d rather die than cheating on you…I know that there are some parts of you that you don’t wish for me to find out…I don’t give a damn about that at all because from now on, I’ll be the strongest shield to cover up those imperfections for you….”

 

So that Jaejoong would stay immaculately perfect in everyone’s eyes. Smiling, Jaejoong ran his hand up and down along Yunho’s arm.

 

“You do know if you do that, it’s going to tire you out…because I’m far from being perfect…I’m a mess…”

 

Jaejoong’s statement earned a soft chuckle from Yunho. He didn’t really expect that Jaejoong would admit that he have weaknesses.

 

“Well…I love the mess Kim Jaejoong…and I’d love to mess you even more…” In a swift, Yunho pushed Jaejoong to lie down on the floor and straddled him on top. The sly grin spread bigger on his face.

 

“Yah~ Jung Yunho!”

 

“What? We’re still in our honeymoon, right?”

 

“Yes…I’m aware of that…but I’m too tired…I just want to get back to sleep…and besides-hmmph…"

 

Yunho silenced Jaejoong’s protest with a deep kiss. With their mouths still connected to each other, Yunho peeled the blanket off Jaejoong’s shoulder, revealing his bare chest. His pointy s erected with the cold touch of morning air.

 

“Don’t tell me you don’t want this?”

 

“I-” Jaejoong moaned when Yunho rubbed his palm over his s, fondled with it.

 

His body’s already trembling in pleasure when Yunho trailed kisses along his jaw line, and leaving traces of marks all over his neck, down to his collarbone then ended the tour by teasing his s. The same mouth later on travelled back to meet Jaejoong’s lips; didn’t merely take but possessed while those big firm hands raced over him, setting of the pleasurable charges under his skin.

 

“Oh-God~!” That’s the only thing that Jaejoong could blurt out. His brain seems to be temporarily shuts off with every teasing from Yunho.

 

He grew weaker, defenseless and aroused all at the same time that he didn’t want it to end. He pulled Yunho up by his shoulders and knowing exactly what it meant, Yunho sealed their lips together in a rough, needy, demanding kiss. Lifting up his arms to circle around Yunho’s neck, Jaejoong used that opportunity to draw the one that he could now proudly claims as his; ever closer, ever deeper.

 

Yunho’s action however, went against what Jaejoong desire when he suddenly broke the kiss.

 

“So…do you still want to sleep now? Yunho asked in witty smirk.

 

“Urgghh~ Just take me whenever you want!”

 

The winning chuckle blasted out from Yunho’s mouth; irritating Jaejoong. Of course Yunho would enjoy that and with their eyes stared lovingly into each other, he saw something flashed in them – something that Jaejoong’s willing to let it slide and just let Yunho savor that moment.

 

Because they knew right at that moment – ‘I love you’ – wasn’t just a simple meaningless phrase that could be easily uttered. It reflected in their every eyes; sending a signal to one another of how much they’re loved.

 

*****

 

Changmin grumbled when he saw Karam’s standing outside the door of his suite. Those two expressionless eyes annoyed him. Of course it would be him. Who else knows how to ruin his heavenly morning other than him and the twins? The twins he could handle it but him?

 

Narrowing his eyes at him; he just envisioned something’s very pleasing – slamming the door right back at his face and crawled back to bed and sleep. Oh how interesting it would be if he really does that. His hand’s trembling with excitement just by imagining it.

 

“Don’t you have anywhere else to go?”

 

“I do…that’s why I’m here…to lead these pretty little ladies here…”

 

Right at that moment, Bo Mi and Ga Eul appeared at the door hand in hand, beautifully dressed up and ready to go.

 

“What’s so special about them that you’re willing to follow whatever they instructed you to do? They’re just naughty troublesome kids!”

 

“Ignore him…” The twins said in unison while making faces that earned them a light whack from Changmin on their back.

 

“You’re not actually using them as an excuse to approach me, are you? And don’t give me those craps like how nice you really are because I’m not gonna buy that lame excuse….”

 

Karam replied him with a snort.

 

“I’m sorry…but not everyone is a jerk like you…” Karam countered; extending both of his hands to the twins. Snickering, they stuck their tongues at Changmin and joined Karam by his sides.

 

“See you later…jerk!

 

Jerk!” Ga Eul repeated it with a cackle of laughter and then ran after Bo Mi and Karam.

 

Gritting his teeth tightly, Changmin vent out his anger on the door by slamming it hard. He then dragged his feet lazily back to the bed and slumped himself on the comfy mattress; throwing his body bounced once as the impact. Still lying down with his face down, he found himself perturbed and agitated when his earlier plan to just spend his morning by sleeping got unexpectedly ruined.

 

And now he couldn’t just close his eyes without having the images of Karam floating around in his mind, poking here and there. Getting closer to the edge, he let his hand blindly roamed on the upper part of the bed before he snatched one of the pillow, sank his face on it to muffle his groan of frustration.

 

 *****

 

Sitting at the table under the shade of the umbrella made up from the palm tree leaves, he lifted his fruit punch and took a slow sip.

 

“You do realize that you’ve been staring at them for as long as you’re sitting here, right?” Kibum’s voice popped Changmin’s sole thought.

 

“They’re my sisters. It’s my responsibility to look after them regardless of how annoying they are…”

 

It was a safe answer; Kibum commended him on that matter. But he shook his head, somewhat disagreed with it. He’s been studying Changmin’s face over his glass of watermelon juice for a while now. Changmin main focus wasn’t entirely on the twins, neither on the sandcastle they’re trying to build. His attention was rather on Karam. Whether it’s out of the curiosity or interest, that mystery remain unsolved – not because it’s really hard to tell but because of Changmin’s strong denial.

 

“Changmin-ah…can I ask you something?” His voice’s hinting that they’re about to have a serious conversation. Changmin threw a glance at him as he’s putting down the glass back on the table.

 

“Your love confession to me…it’s just another pick-up line, right?”

 

Frowning, Changmin shifted in his seat.

 

“What are you implying?”

 

“You didn’t actually mean it, right?”

 

“Why? Am I not sincere enough that you’re questioning it? Is it because I’m just a brat that you want to take it as a joke?” The skepticism was written all over Changmin’s face.

 

“If I consider you that way, I wouldn’t be here right now…”

 

“Then what?”

 

Averting his eyes to somewhere else, Kibum blew out a sigh.

 

“Your affection to me…I don’t think it’s a love…I think you’ve mistaken it as love…”

 

“This is too much-”

 

“You’ve seen how Junsu-shi and Yoochun-shi acts, right? Jaejoong-shi and Yunho? They’re like they’re in their own world, gazing at each other eyes full of love…even their trivial gestures shows how much they care about each other…that’s how love will influence someone’s life, Changmin-ah…”

 

“…love…it will make two persons drawn to each other’s….even if they’re separated, all they can see is their loved one…but you and I…” Kibum paused; the small laughter escaped from his mouth like it’s something funny. Well, it’s indeed funny after he gave it a little review.

 

“You and I…we’re just right next to each other but it’s like we never met before…ever since we board that cruise, your mind’s on someone else…I bet you don’t even remember whatever I’m saying…what I’ve eaten that night…because…whether you realize it or not…You had your eyes on Karam all the time…”

 

“This is ridiculous…” Changmin sprung back on his heel, not willing to tolerate such nonsense.

 

“Think about it…your feeling towards him…it’s probably not a hatred like you think it is…there’s a possibility that you’ve misread it…it could be love all along – him, not me…

 

It was a bold statement and it stung him like hell. He goggled at Kibum, a scoff followed afterwards. He loves Karam? He – Shim Changmin love Karam? How in the world he could came up with that conclusion, he doesn’t even want to know.

 

It’s such a bull!

 

Everything’s relating to Karam is bull! His name, his face, his sense of style and his foolish way of thinking. The way he talks and all the things that come out from his mouth are nothing but stink. And his smile, he really hates that part the most. But oddly Kids like him. Bo Mi and Ga Eul that are known for being picky, demanding found him likeable.

 

“And now you’re thinking about him, right?”

 

Changmin glanced at him with wide eyes.

 

“You’re still thinking that you’re not attracted to him?”

 

*****

 

It was odd, he thought. He’d barely acknowledged to himself that he had a genuine interest in Karam, yet he’d spent almost his entire time thinking about him. Blame it on Kibum for bringing up that topic.

 

Kibum…what if Kibum’s right about him?

 

“Shim Changmin! Just because you got dumped, it doesn’t give you the right to ruin other people’s vacation too!”

 

Changmin hurried over to Junsu, clamping his hand over his mouth. Junsu’s voice was too loud that it almost burst his eardrum.

 

“Yah~! Lower down your voice, will you? We came here uninvited, what if we get caught Jaejoong would be furious!” With his hand still firmly pressed against Junsu’s mouth, his eyes scanned wildly all around them-making assured that they’re not discovered.

 

Junsu slapped his hand away and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

 

“That’s what I’m trying to say….what’s with the skulking around their beach house, spying the newlywed like this? What do you wish to find? What do you want to prove? That they’re not as happiest couple as we thought they would? It’s Jaejoong and Yunho we’re talking about, for God sake…they’re not normal…”

 

Yes…because they’re not a typical couple and Changmin could count on them to distract him from his main issue. Yoochun and Junsu; they’re practically glued to each other and watching them acting mushy, speaking in greasy tone – they’re obnoxiously vexes him.

 

“Care to explain what really happened in between you and Kibum-shi? Why did he leave with Jaejoong’s parents? I mean, Ahjusshi and ahjumma had to leave because something urgent came up…but what about him? Bo Mi and Ga Eul told me that you just got dumped? Really? For real?”

 

Great! Leave it to the twins to do the announcement. His misery after all is their medicine.

 

Changmin opened up his mouth to tell him the truth – that Kibum was convinced he loves someone else and not him. But he bit down on his tongue in time. Junsu would definitely want to know the identity of another person involved in that triangle love and he’s scared to listen what Junsu’s going to comment about it.

 

No. He certainly doesn’t need to be told by someone else regarding his own feeling.

 

“It’s really sad, you know…because I really like you…but when I start to open up my heart for you, it seems like you’re drifting away from me…”

 

“I think…its better if we keep our distance for now…we need some times to reconsider our relationship…you need some times to sort out your real feeling to me…”

 

Kibum...Kibum’s hurting…

 

“Yah Shim Changmin! I’m talking to you!”

 

With the uncontrollable giggles suddenly broke the peaceful silence in that house, Jaejoong bolted out from the back door, escaping to the patio.

 

“Duck down! They’re coming out!” Changmin frantically pushed Junsu down by using his long arm.

 

“Where are you going? I’m not done yet?” It took Yunho only two long strides to catch up on Jaejoong. When he got him by his waist, he swung him around and pinned him against the post.

 

“I got you…”  Attentively blocking any mean of escape, Yunho exclaimed with a wide smile.

 

Jaejoong couldn’t quite find his breath when Yunho dropped his forehead to him. He down his hair and slowly tipped up his face as he lips moved gently capturing Jaejoong’s luscious one. In half-giggling, Jaejoong returned the kiss by brushing and molding their lips together, turning it into an even hotter one.

 

Somewhere not far from where they’re making out, Changmin and Junsu were watching the whole scene.

 

“Ewww~ Gross!” Changmin made disgust look.

 

“Gross?!” Junsu arched his brow, feeling disbelieved with what he just heard. That statement really needs a serious confutation. He snickered.

 

“What?”

 

“Just admit it that you’re jealous…we all know that you’re still despite your not-so-innocent mind thanks to those years of ‘-studying’…”

 

“You!” Changmin strangled Junsu down on the ground, his teeth grinding and his eyes were shooting dagger – ready to launch his attack in any minute.

 

“What’s wrong with you?! You’re pissing me off on purpose, aren’t you? You-”

 

“E-eheemmm!!!”

 

Both of them stopped in an almost a comical freezing motion when they heard someone’s clearing up the throat. Peeking at the corner of their eyes; they spotted two pairs of feet in matching flip flops.  Closing their eyes tightly as they realized that they just got busted, they cautiously sat up and bravely glanced up.

 

Smiling sheepishly, Changmin picked ‘hi’ as the starter.

 

“Hi?”

 

They jerked shoulders; shrugged. Better ‘hi’ than nothing at all.

 

“What are you two doing here?” Jaejoong crossed his arms to his chest and tapped his foot on the ground; impatiently waiting for them to answer.

 

“We…” Changmin swallowed down and nervously keeping their eye contact.

 

“We…came here to tell you that your parents had to leave early…there’s something urgent came up back at Seoul…”

 

“We know…mummy called me this morning…” Jaejoong brushed him off with a flat tone. He raised his brow, waiting for them to throw another excuse.

 

“Urghh…” Junsu grunted and pushed Changmin out of his way.

 

“Changmin got dumped and he needs us to comfort him…”

 

“Oh great…” Sighing in defeated, Changmin dropped down sprawling.

 

*****

 

*At Seoul

 

“My Lord…My Lady…welcome back…” The butler helped to open up the door for them.

 

“Where is he?”

 

“He’s waiting in the living room, sir…”

 

Not saying anything more, they rushed out of the car and dashed into the mansion where they were greeted with the back of a familiar figure.

 

“Jung Jin Hee…”

 

“I came back as fast as I could so that I could to attend our sons’ wedding…never knew that the date is changed…silly me…I should have confirm it earlier…

 

“…oh wait…why should I be bothered about it, I wasn’t even invited!”

 

*******

A/N: Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed~ thanks ^^