Hoya

Dark Side

Dongwoo yawned lazily as he poured some milk into his cereal bowl, when there was a knock at the door.

Hm? Who’s that?” Dongwoo wondered, knowing for sure that he hadn’t invited anyone over. He took his bowl with him and munched on his cereal, as he headed for the door, figuring it was a package delivery.

When he opened the door and saw Hoya standing there, he choked on his cereal, and started coughing heavily.

 Hoya grinned slightly, despite Dongwoo acting like it was the end of his life. Hoya walked past Dongwoo towards the kitchen and fetched him a glass of water. Dongwoo downed the whole thing in one swallow and than let out a huge sigh of relief.

“Are you ok?” Hoya sighed. “You still haven’t learned that you shouldn’t walk and eat at the same time?”

“Don’t tell me that…” Dongwoo frowned. “I can’t believe this is how we’re meeting again after two years…”

“Yeah…” Hoya nodded, “I can’t believe that you still wear those boxers I got you for Christmas.”

Dongwoo looked down at the green and purple dinosaur boxers, and white t-shirt combo he was sporting and couldn’t help but grin at the memories.

The two of them used to be known as the best combo among the SC officers, and were always seen together for the two years they were partners, before Hoya left.

During the first year of their partnership, while on a stakeout mission, they were bored and chatted about random stuff. Naturally, their favorite colors came up: purple for Hoya, and green for Dongwoo.

A few months later at the annual SC office Christmas party, Hoya gifted Dongwoo the purple and green boxers, as a joke more than anything else, but Dongwoo still loved them. If only for the fact that Hoya bothered to remember his favorite color.

“But what’re you doing here anyways?” Dongwoo asked. “I thought we were going to meet for lunch.”

“I’ve been trying to call you, but you wouldn’t answer your phone.” Hoya said. “I wanted to ask you if we could meet at my place instead.”

“Your place?” Dongwoo blinked. “You already got a place? Does that mean you’re back for good?”

“Well…” Hoya rubbed the back of his neck. “I did get my job back and—.”         

“You mean you’re an SC officer again?!” Dongwoo gasped. “Wait, but does this mean you’re going to be working alone?”

“Why? You want to be my partner again?” Hoya flashed his signature grin.

“Yeah right.” Dongwoo rolled his eyes and planted himself on the couch. “I’ve been doing just fine these two years, taking the solo train! Actually I’ve been doing so great they said I might even receive an award at the end of the year party!”

“The solo train?” Hoya snorted.

“Shut up!” Dongwoo grinned.

“So you really hate me now huh?” Hoya sat down on the couch beside Dongwoo.

“As if I could…” Dongwoo reached for the remote and the TV. Hoya didn’t say anything as Dongwoo flipped through the channels. He stopped on some cheesy sitcom, and grinned and turned to Hoya. “I missed this episode yesterday.”

 And suddenly it felt like they had gone back in time, to two years ago. Relaxing on Dongwoo’s sofa and watching dumb TV shows that no body cared about, while talking about random things that Dongwoo liked. It made Hoya realize just how much he missed it.

How much he missed Dongwoo, and how much he missed their time together.

He wished he could go back to that time. To before that happened.

♦♦♦

“Hey…” Hoya nudged Dongwoo. They’ve been sitting and watching TV for an hour and a half now. Hoya wondered if Dongwoo even remembered he was there, since he seemed completely absorbed in some silly cartoon.

“Hm?” Dongwoo reached for a bag of cheese puffs on the coffee table.

“Don’t you want to…you know? Talk?”

“Not now.” Dongwoo kept his eyes glued to the TV screen.

“Oh come on..” Hoya sighed. “You’ve already seen this episode.”

“How do you know that?” Dongwoo grinned sheepishly.

“Because this show is over five years old, and you bought the entire DVD collection online.”

“…You remembered that?”

“Why? You thought I would forget?” Hoya caught Dongwoo’s gaze.

Dongwoo rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. “Yeah…maybe.”

“I didn’t forget you…” Hoya stared straight into Dongwoo’s eyes. “I could never forget you.”

Dongwoo laughed, feeling uncomfortable, under Hoya’s intense gaze. He got off the couch, and headed towards the kitchen.

“W-well anyways—.” Hoya grabbed his arm before he could go any farther.

“Dongwoo—.”

“I already know!” Dongwoo said, his back to Hoya. “You left because I ki—.”

“It’s not because of you stupid.” Hoya turned Dongwoo around so he could see his face. “I…something happened to me.” Hoya looked down. “I’ll understand if you don’t want to see me anymore…but I at least owe you the truth.” Dongwoo stared at him, waiting to hear more. “Remember that night watch forest mission we had?”

“How could I forget our last mission together?” Dongwoo nudged Hoya, who smiled in return.

“Well, remember when I got that scratch on my arm? I told you it was nothing…but…”

“Yeah you said you got it from knocking against some branches.”

“I lied…” Hoya admitted. “It was actually from a werewolf.”

Dongwoo’s eyes went wide. “Hoya…does that mean…?”

“At first I wasn’t sure, but I didn’t want to take any chances.” Hoya explained. “I found out about this procedure that SC officers were doing in Europe. It’s supposed to prevent people who have been bitten from turning into werewolves.”

“Ok…”

“But it only works on people who haven’t turned yet. That’s why I left without saying anything like that…because there was going to be a full moon a week later…”

“Oh…” Dongwoo nodded.

“They kept me there for that long to monitor whether the procedure was successful.”

“And…?” Dongwoo stared anxiously. “Was it?”

Hoya lifted up his shirt and grinned. Dongwoo glanced up at Hoya and then down at his exposed abs.

“What are you doing?” Dongwoo blinked, with a clueless expression. “Did it work or not?!”

Hoya rolled his eyes. “Yes it worked hyung. This is where the bite mark used to be.”

“Are you serious?!” Dongwoo shouted, jumping up and down. “It really worked?! So you’re ok now?!”

“Yeah…I should be.” Hoya replied.

“Does this mean everything’s ok now? Like you’ll be staying and we can work together again and—.”

“Wait…you’re fine with all this?” Hoya questioned.

Dongwoo stopped bouncing and grinned. “Why wouldn’t I be? You’re healthy and safe and back in Korea!”

Hoya was relieved that Dongwoo was still the innocent and pure guy from two years ago.

He was definitely glad to be home.

[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]

A Yadong centered chapter, for Dongwoo's birthday~

Thanks for subscribing and commenting! Oh and also to those who voted this story up^^

Sorry but this'll be the only yadong for a while, since the next couple of chapters will be woogyu, and then there'll be a myungyeol arc coming up after that. >.<