Gangsters part 3

Dark Side

The next morning, Sungyeol’s eyelids felt heavy as he forced his eyes open. He didn’t really want to wake up, and return to his meaningless job. What was the point? He couldn’t even help his own friend, with one single thing. What was the point of cleaning monster goop off the streets? That wouldn’t accomplish anything. He felt even more useless than before.

“Why am I still even here?” He chuckled bitterly. He lay in bed, staring up at a small crack in the ceiling. “I’m just a piece of .” He snorted at that. “A piece of , cleaning up …what a joke.”

“I need you.”

Sungyeol turned his head to the doorway, where Myungsoo was standing.

“You asked why you’re still here.” Myungsoo stared at him, with intense eyes. “There are a lot of reasons you’re still here. I’m sure of it.”

Sungyeol sat up, fiddling with the quilt draped over his lap.

“I need you. That’s one of the reasons.”

Sungyeol turned to Myungsoo, smiling. “Has anyone ever told you that you’re kind of like the flip side of a pillow in summer?”

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow, clearly amused, as he moved to sit on the edge of bed.

“What’s that even mean?”

“You know when it’s too hot at night, and you start sweating into your pillow. And it’s stressful and you keep tossing and turning…But then you turn the pillow over and its cool, and that instantly relaxes you…its comfortable, and it’s exactly what you need to help you sleep again.”

Myungsoo tilted his head. “So…I’m…?”

Sungyeol hastily shoved Myungsoo before hopping off the bed.

“Its means you’re the flip side to my pillow.”

“Uh…so I help you sleep?” Myungsoo blinked.

“No stupid.” Sungyeol frowned. “It means…” He scratched his head. “I-It means…”

Myungsoo chuckled. “You don’t even know what it means.”

Sungyeol blinked, before jumping on the bed, and smacking Myungsoo with a pillow.

“It’s too early for this!” He exclaimed. “I can’t think straight this early!”

“Yah don’t hit me!” Myungsoo grabbed onto the other side of the pillow. “It’s not my fault you’re stupid in the morning!”

“S-Stupid?!” Sungyeol yanked the pillow away, before slapping the other with it again. “Well at least it’s only in the morning! You’re stupid all the time!”

“Am not!”

“Am too!”

♦♦♦

Woohyun reluctantly left the hospital that morning. He didn’t want to leave, but Sunggyu ordered him to, complaining he reeked, and needed to shower.

Woohyun promised he would make something delicious with Mrs. Kim and bring it back for Sunggyu.

He was happy to see Sunggyu, but he couldn’t relax, knowing about that whole incident with the gang. He thought it over as he walked down the street.

If gangs were recruiting supernatural creatures to assist them with their crimes, things could get even more dangerous. Deliberately using the supernatural for evil deeds, angered Woohyun.

He already hated Minwoo and the boss of Sunggyu’s former gang. Even though Sunggyu told him not to do anything right now, until they talked about the whole thing with Mi Seon, Woohyun just couldn’t let it go. The idea that someone dared to lay a hand on Sunggyu…he was fuming inside the more he thought about it. Before he knew it, he was approaching the café where he first saw Minwoo.

He just planned to pass it by. Minwoo probably wouldn’t even be there, he figured.

The moment he entered the café, he instantly had a bad feeling. It was practically deserted, which seemed strange for a place that got most of its business in the early hours of the day.

But it wasn’t just that there weren’t any customers, there didn’t seem to be any employees around either.

He immediately turned, gripping onto the wrist of an arm that was in midair. It was Minwoo standing behind him.

“Those are some reflexes you got there.” Minwoo whistled, a twisted smirk on his face.

“What do you think you’re doing, sneaking up on people like that?” Woohyun tightened his grip on Minwoo’s wrist, while still managing a charming grin.

“Heh…” Minwoo twitched slightly in pain. “Looks like you found about Gyu.”

“What the hell is wrong with you? Beating him up half to death like that…what are you trying to do?”

Half?” Minwoo’s expression darkened in an instant. “You mean he’s not dead?”

“Dead?! You wanted to kill him?!” Woohyun exploded, shoving Minwoo to the floor. “You bastard, I’ll kill you right now—!”

“You mean Sunggyu hyung’s not dead?” Woohyun paused, turning to see a young man, with light brown bangs and a pretty face standing there, donned in a leather jacket and red and black checkered skinny jeans.

“B-Boss…” Minwoo cowered in fear, scrambling to his feet. “S-See? I-I told you he wasn’t dead!”

“Is this really true?” The young man, animatedly turned to Woohyun.

“Boss?” Woohyun blinked. “You’re the boss? But you’re…you’re so pretty and cute. How old are you? Like fifteen?”

Suddenly the boy’s eyes flashed red, and before Woohyun could register what was happening, a bony knee was into his gut, sending him to his knees, choking.

He gasped, staring up at the boy, who had his fists clenched and was breathing harshly.

“I am a man you bastard !” The boy swore. “More than a weak face like you!”

Woohyun merely frowned. “It’s really not nice to see such ugly words coming out of such a pretty person’s mouth—.” Suddenly he was once again kicked in the guts by the boy’s steel toed boot, causing him to cough up some blood.

The boy grabbed Woohyun by the hair, pulling his head back.

“You think you’re funny, do you?”

“No…” Woohyun managed a cocky smile. “But I guess I’m born with it.”

“Hah.” The boy released Woohyun, turning to the taller man standing behind him.

“I like this one. Who is he?”

“Nam Woohyun…” Minwoo answered. “He’s the one who Sunggyu’s working with now.”

The boy’s expression darkened after hearing that. He turned to Woohyun, who was slowly getting to his feet.

“So you’re the one who took him away, hm?” The boy reached out and cupped Woohyun’s chin, making sure to dig his nails into Woohyun’s throat. Woohyun tugged on the boy’s wrist to pull his hand away, but the boy’s steel grip, wouldn’t allow for it.

The boy inspected Woohyun’s pained expression for a moment, before smirking.

“It would be a waste to kill you, just like that…”

“G-Glad you can see my value.” Woohyun choked. His biting words, didn’t sound as aggressive as he intended them to, however.

“I can see why Sunggyu hyung would be entertained by you. You look like you would make a good toy.” The boy decided with a rather sadistic grin, as he folded his hands behind his back. Suddenly, he snapped his fingers, and a bunch of men swarmed from every corner. Woohyun realized he was surrounded, but merely smirked.

“How cute. He’s putting on a brave face.” The boy chuckled.

“I’m not.” Woohyun had his hands on his hips, rather casually. “This lot is nothing. I can take ‘em all in fifteen minutes.”

“Ooh really?” The boy’s eyes lit up with amusement. “Do it! I want to see!” He made a gesture for the men to attack.

Woohyun clenched his teeth, as he dodged incoming punches and grabs.

He kicked one of the men coming from his side, while elbowing the man attacking him from the back.

He didn’t want to take out his knife, because these were humans. And obviously, he didn’t want to kill anyone.

Like he promised, it was the fourteenth minute mark, and all the men were on the ground, most were unconscious. Woohyun panted lightly, resting his palms on his knees. He his dry lips, before facing the boy, who looked positively ecstatic.

“I want him!” The boy nudged Minwoo, who was standing beside him, still staring in amazement at all the fallen men. “Let’s take him home!”

Woohyun snorted. “What do you think I am? A dog?”

“Of course~” The boy clasped his hands together. “You’re going to be my new pet.”

“W-What the hell’s wrong with you?” Woohyun backed away slightly. Now he realized why Sunggyu was so adamant about not making a move, until they had a discussion with Mi Seon. This kid was insane.

“I want to put the restraints on him.” The boy looked up at Minwoo. “Don’t you think it’ll be fun to see him try to resist?”

Woohyun nervously glanced behind him at the glass door. He could make it, he thought. He wasn’t sure of how fast the boy or Minwoo were, but he was confident he could beat them. He had a good endurance level. He could outrun them.

♦♦♦

Sunggyu couldn’t sleep, and merely lay in the hospital bed, staring at the ceiling. He had this bad feeling in the pit of his stomach.

And he was anxious, that maybe Minwoo would find him again. He was starting to regret sending Woohyun away. He hugged the sheets closer to him, nervously.

There was a light tapping at the door. He gulped nervously. His mother and sister wouldn’t knock. Woohyun wouldn’t knock.

“W-Who is it?”

“Nurse.”

“Oh…” Sunggyu breathed a sigh of relief, as the door opened. This nurse, wasn’t the usual one, however. Instead of the forty-something lady, who had accidentally walked in on Sunggyu and Woohyun kissing, this lady looked quite young. Probably only a few years older than Sunggyu.

She had dark hair, tied back in a ponytail, and the most startling blue eyes. Her smile was gentle, but had a mysterious tint to it, as she held up a clipboard and scribbled something down.

She obviously noticed Sunggyu eyeing her curiously, and smiled again.

“Mun Hee-sshi, your usual nurse…she and I switched shifts.” The nurse explained, as she placed the clipboard down on the bed side table

Sunggyu figured it probably had something to do with seeing him kissing Woohyun last night, as Mun Hee seemed to be quite shocked by that.

“I see…” He nodded.

“But I’ll try my best to make you comfortable, ok?” She grinned, once again, as she adjusted the sheets for Sunggyu.

“I-I’m fine, thanks.” Sunggyu scooted away, slightly uncomfortable with the close proximity.

The nurse paused, blatantly studying Sunggyu’s face.

“Uh, can I help you?” Sunggyu blinked. He could swear the girl just sniffed him.

“I’m surprised you’re not one of us, with that face.” She murmured.

“Huh?”

“Oh nothing.” She nodded, cheerfully. Though she was eying Sunggyu like he was her next meal.

♦♦♦

“Damn it…” Woohyun cursed, as he threw himself behind a dumpster in a deserted alley way. He sank down, squeezing himself behind a small crevice between the dumpster and the brick wall. He swallowed, trying to regulate his heavy breathing. His chest was aching, and he felt dizzy, and the putrid smell of day old restaurant waste, wasn’t helping any. He managed to get out of the grasp of the boy and Minwoo. But he knew they were still out there—searching for him.

He couldn’t do this himself. He needed help.

He surprised himself, by even coming to that conclusion. Before meeting Sunggyu, he wouldn’t even think of something like asking for help. He would have attempted to handle it all on his own. But now, he knew he didn’t have to. He managed to get his phone out of his pocket, and, while lying on his stomach, shakily dialed Sungyeol’s number. He had talked to him earlier that morning with Sunggyu, and Sungyeol told them about Myungsoo’s father, and the duel being called off. So Woohyun figured Sungyeol should be free.

“…Hello? Woohyun hyung?”

“I need your help.”

“What?” Sungyeol snorted. “Sunggyu hyung’s bed pan needs to be changed—?”

“It’s serious.”

There was a nervous pause. “What is it?”

“Remember how I told you that gangsters beat up Gyu hyung?”

“Yeah?”

“Well, I kind of bumped into them.”

“You what?!” Sungyeol gasped. “Where are you? Are they still chasing you?”

“I managed to get away…I’m hiding behind a dumpster.”

“Ew.”

“Yeah.”

“Should I call Hoya or Dongwoo hyung—?”

“No. I want you to help.”

“Me?” Sungyeol sounded anxious. “But I’m not as strong as them—.”

“Yah.” Woohyun sighed. “Don’t you remember all the things I taught you in the mountains?”

“Yeah, but still—.”

“Sungyeol, I need your help.”

There was another pause, and then a shaky sigh.

“Ok. What do you want me to do?”

♦♦♦

“Why are you coming?” Sungyeol groaned, as he made his way to the bus stop, Myungsoo right on his heels.

“I’m not letting you go alone.” Myungsoo followed behind him. “Besides, I want to help Woohyun hyung too.”

“Fine, but don’t get in my way.” Sungyeol replied, and then turned to the other man, and grinned.

Myungsoo smirked. “I’ll try my best.”

♦♦♦

The nurse leaned against the wall outside Sunggyu’s hospital room, with a mischievous smirk. She got out a phone from her jacket pocket.

“Yah, did you get him yet?” Her voice immediately went serious.

“No…but,” The frantic voice of Minwoo rang through the other line. “But, we’re sniffing him out right now. What about you? Dealing with Sunggyu?”

“Yes, yes, your boss will get his precious toy back soon.” The nurse replied in annoyance. “But like I told you before. Get the SC cop first, and he’ll come running. It’s as easy as that.”

“Ugh. What does he see in that useless turd anyways?” Minwoo groaned.

“Who? The cop or Kim Sunggyu?”

“Both.”

The nurse smirked. “s like you wouldn’t understand. But the bounty on that cop’s head is enough to buy me a new life.”

“A new life huh?” Minwoo mused. “Well for an abomination like you, that’s quite important I guess.”

The nurse sneered. “Just shut it, and do your job.”

♦♦♦

Woohyun stuck his phone in his pocket, breathing a small sigh of relief. His heart thumped again, however, when he heard some rapid footsteps coming closer. He held in his breath, shifting himself farther into the crevice.

“Don’t come here…” He prayed in his head. “Don’t come here—.”

He heard the steps getting more distant, but he wasn’t that clueless. He could hear some breathing behind him. He slowly craned his neck to see the boy, the boss, hovering above him.

“Found you~”

[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]

Can anyone guess who the boss is~ Its someone from a kpop group. I seperated woogyu again because I apparently don't want them to be happy in this story. OTL