Stronger part 1

Dark Side

Sungyeol debated whether he should just make a dash for it, or turn around and face the stranger, who’s voice he didn’t recognize, at the door.

“Hey, did you hear me?” The person asked. “You’re Lee Sungyeol aren’t you?”

Sungyeol spun around, after hearing his name mentioned. The boy standing at the door looked to be a few years younger than Myungsoo, but he had the same eyes.

“You’re…Myungsoo’s little brother, Moonsoo?” Sungyeol guessed.

“Yeah and you’re that Lee Sungyeol person aren’t you?” Moonsoo had his hands in his pockets, and chunky black headphones around his neck.

“How do you know me?” Sungyeol asked.

“Hyung has some pictures of you in his room.”

“He does?” Sungyeol blinked.

“Yeah, you know how hyung likes to take pictures?” Moonsoo asked, and Sungyeol nodded. “Well he has a bunch of folders that he hides under his bed with all his photography. He actually thinks that’s a good hiding place.” Moonsoo scoffed.

‘Wait…but if you know—.”

“Dad doesn’t know about it though.” Moonsoo confirmed. “But it seems like you know about it. You must be the reason why hyung’s always staying out all night on the weekends.”

Sungyeol looked away sheepishly. “Well that’s…”

“And the reason why he has a whole folder of photos labeled Lee Sungyeol.”

“Oh…he does—?”

“And probably why he sometimes says your name in his sleep.”

“W-Wait!” Sungyeol put a hand up. “This is getting weird!”

“Well my brother is a weirdo.” Moonsoo shrugged helplessly.

“But…how do you know all this?”

“That he’s weird? I don’t know…probably since I was two—.”

“No! Not that…I mean about those things that you just said.”

“I live with him, and plus I’m kind of nosy.” Moonsoo admitted, unashamed. “Anyways you probably came to see hyung right?”

“Yeah, is he here?”

“You came at the right time, since my dad’s not home.”

♦♦♦

Sungyeol’s heart was beating faster as Moonsoo guided him up the stairs of the Kim residence. He had all types of fantasies of what the inside of Myungsoo’s house would be like. He thought that maybe there would be severed monster heads as decorations or something…but the house seemed to be pretty normal. The walls were covered in polished wooden paneling and there were some leather couches in the living room across from a flat screen TV. Sungyeol noticed that there weren’t any pictures hung up at all. The walls were bare and it was cold like someone was blasting the air conditioning. But it was winter, so why would the AC be on, Sungyeol wondered.

Moonsoo stopped at a brown door with a plaque with the number two on it.

“What’s the two for?” He asked Moonsoo.

“Oh that’s because hyung’s the second in command.” Moonsoo explained. “I have a three on my door.” He stated proudly.

“Oh…good for you.” Sungyeol nodded as Moonsoo barged into Myungsoo’s door without even knocking.

“Hyung!”

“…What?” Myungsoo was bundled up in a black knit throw and was holding a book. On closer inspection, Sungyeol identified it as shoujo manga. Myungsoo froze when he saw Sungyeol walk in after Moonsoo.

“Hey…” Sungyeol greeted sheepishly. Moonsoo looked from his brother to Sungyeol, sensing the awkward atmosphere.

“Ok well I’ll be downstairs…” Moonsoo said. “Oh and remember to…get everything done before dad gets home.”

“What?” Sungyeol gave him a confused look.

“You know what I mean~” Moonsoo winked at him before leaving, and shutting the door behind him.

“Well that was weird!” Sungyeol laughed awkwardly.

Myungsoo sat up on his bed and looked up at Sungyeol. “What’re you doing here?”

“What else? I came to see you stupid!” Sungyeol sat beside Myungsoo and looked up at the ceiling.

“…Why?” Myungsoo stared at Sungyeol.

“Because…” Sungyeol folded his hands awkwardly. “I’m sorry. I said too much the other day.”

“No you didn’t…”

“Yes I did! I can’t even begin to understand your situation. I shouldn’t have forced you—.”

“Sungyeol.” Myungsoo leaned in with a slight smile. “You didn’t do anything wrong.”

Sungyeol just blinked. “Uh ok…but then why were you all upset? And why did you say sorry to me?”

Myungsoo put his manga on his nightstand, and unwrapped himself from his blanket. “I didn’t want to tell my dad the truth…”

“That we’re friends?”

“No…” Myungsoo nodded.

“Ok fine best friends” Sungyeol rolled his eyes.

“No…” Myungsoo nodded again. “Sungyeol, I don’t want to be your best friend.”

Sungyeol looked at him, confused. “Why?”

“I mean I like being your best friend…” Myungsoo leaned closer, still gazing straight into Sungyeol’s eyes. “But it’s not enough…”

“W-what?” Sungyeol backed away slightly, but Myungsoo kept advancing further until he was lying on top of Sungyeol. “M-Myungsoo…w-what are you…?    “Because if I’m just your best friend I wouldn’t be allowed to do this…” Sungyeol could feel Myungsoo’s lips on his. He knew he should stop him. Push him away. But instead, he tugged at Myungsoo’s collar, pulling him in to deepen the kiss.

“Sungyeol…” Myungsoo breathed, “Y-You kissed me back…”

Sungyeol’s eyes were on Myungsoo’s mouth, still not really registering what had just happened. “Y-Yeah…I guess I did…”

“…Does this mean you—?”

“Hey guys!” Moonsoo barged in. “I was going to order a pizza—whoa.” He paused, seeing the position Myungsoo and Sungyeol were in. Sungyeol immediately shoved Myungsoo off the bed in an embarrassed flurry. “Uh…I didn’t think you guys would really be…well I’ll just come back later…” Moonsoo shuffled out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

“Uh sorry…” Sungyeol held out a hand to help Myungsoo up off the ground.

“You kissed me back.” Myungsoo smirked.

Sungyeol blushed. “T-That was just because…!”

“Because what?” Myungsoo tilted his head.

“I-I don’t know!” Sungyeol stammered, and sunk down onto the ground. “I don’t know anything anymore!” Myungsoo sat down beside Sungyeol.

“I like you.” He whispered in Sungyeol’s ear.

“S-Stop it!” Sungyeol shoved him away. “And stop smiling at me!”

“I can’t help it…you actually kissed me back.” Myungsoo grinned. “I seriously thought you were going to beat me up or something…”

“Argh!” Sungyeol stood up and started pacing around the room, ruffling up his own hair. “I don’t get this! Since when were you gay?”

“I don’t know…since I started liking you?”

“For how long exactly have you been,” Sungyeol paused. “Thinking about me this way?”

“…maybe last year?”

“A whole year?!” Sungyeol gasped. “You’ve liked me for a whole year and you didn’t say or do anything?!”

“…What was I supposed to do?” Myungsoo asked, amused by Sungyeol’s questions.

Sungyeol thought this over. “Hm I guess you’ve got a point…” Myungsoo got up and walked towards the taller male, wrapping his arms around Sungyeol’s waist. He leaned in for a kiss, but Sungyeol put his hand up and shoved Myungsoo away. “W-what are you doing?!”

 “I was going to kiss you.”

 “No!” Sungyeol yelled. Myungsoo frowned at the horrified expression on the choding’s face.

 “…S-Sorry…” Sungyeol rubbed the back of his neck, feeling a little guilty for having such an explosive reaction. “I just…I don’t really know if I think about you that way…”

“I get it…if you don’t—.”

“Just give me some time ok?” Sungyeol said, and Myungsoo nodded. “...But the one thing I do know is that I don’t want to stop being your friend. So we’re going to tell your father!”

Myungsoo blinked. “Now? Today?”

“Yes!” Sungyeol announced.

“Um…” Myungsoo looked unsure. “It’s a little too—”

“We have to!” Sungyeol grabbed Myungsoo’s shoulders. “If we don’t do it today, I…I’ll be too scared to come back here and face your father…” Sungyeol admitted, feebly.

Myungsoo sat down on his bed, and played with the ends of his black blanket. “But Sungyeol…”

Sungyeol sat down beside him and put a hand on his shoulder. “Myungsoo…I’ll be right here for you.” Myungsoo looked up at him. “If your father lays a hand on you, I’ll kick him right in the…well actually I’ll probably just call the cops.” Myungsoo smiled slightly. “If he kicks you out, you can live with me.”

“But…what if he kicks me out of the hunters…” Myungsoo murmured.

“If he kicks you out of the hunters, you can lie on my couch and mooch off my measly paycheck.” Sungyeol answered, making Myungsoo smirk and shove Sungyeol playfully. “But seriously though, how can you even ask that question? You can do anything! You’re good looking, strong, nice and compassionate.” Sungyeol said. “You could even become an SC officer!” Myungsoo looked down bashfully.

“Ya…I’m not that great.” He grinned.

“Of course you are, stupid!” Sungyeol shoved him back. “So let’s do this ok?” He grabbed Myungsoo’s hand and squeezed it. “Let’s tell your dad.”

[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]

The beginning of the Myungyeol arc~

I call it that, but there's stil going to be a lot of woogyu as well

Thanks for commenting and subscribing <3 Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply to comments, but I still read them^^