Mermaids part 2

Dark Side

Woohyun awoke to the sound of the shower tap turning. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, glancing at the digital clock on the nightstand. It was about two in the afternoon. They still had a good amount of time until it got dark and they could start their mission.

Woohyun grabbed for the TV remote and flipped through the channels, as he lay back and relaxed. He had just decided on a variety show with some new idol group, when Sunggyu stepped out of the bathroom, with nothing but a towel around his waist. Woohyun did a double take, and couldn’t help but stare. Sunggyu bent over, and Woohyun coughed lightly, trying to hide the slight blush that was creeping its way onto his face.

Sunggyu turned around and seemed surprised to see Woohyun awake.

“Oh Woohyun, you’re already up?” He commented, cool as a cucumber.

“Mmhm…” Was the unintelligible sound Woohyun managed to emit as he struggled to look anywhere else but at Sunggyu.

“What’s wrong?” Sunggyu noticed him acting strange and walked up to him.

Woohyun held his breath so he couldn’t smell the intoxicating scent of a freshly showered Sunggyu. Woohyun noticed the water droplets the trickled down Sunggyu’s wet hair onto his neck and chest. He really couldn’t understand why he was so flustered. Sunggyu was a man just like him. Plus it wasn’t like he was super ripped or even as muscular as Woohyun.

Sunggyu leaned over him and patted him on the head. “You ok?” Woohyun just stared at him, wide eyed. “Woohyun?”

“Hyung…”

“Yeah?” Sunggyu asked.

Woohyun pointed to Sunggyu’s chest. “C-clothes…y-you…”

Sunggyu looked down. “Ah I should probably put some clothes on.” He nodded.

“Yes please hyung!” Woohyun begged, hoping the weird feelings would go away if Sunggyu was fully dressed.

Sunggyu frowned. “Well sorry. I didn’t know my body was so repulsive to look at.”

Woohyun wasn’t really paying attention to what the older male was saying and was still staring at his bare upper body until Sunggyu finally disappeared into the bathroom.

Woohyun released a huge breath he didn’t know he was holding in. However, he could still smell Sunggyu’s shampoo in the air.

He turned off the television, collapsed backwards onto his bed and jammed a pillow over his face.

“What the hell is wrong with me?!”

Sunggyu came back out, fully clothed in a loose black t-shirt and jeans, but it didn’t make anything better for Woohyun.

“Argh! It doesn’t matter since I already know what he looks like underneath those clothes and it just makes me want to rip them off and—wait! What?! No! Stop it mind! Stop thinking things like that!” Woohyun started smacking himself in the head, alarming Sunggyu, who ran up to him and grabbed his hands.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Sunggyu demanded an answer concern evident in his features.

Woohyun sighed and waved it away. “Oh it’s nothing hyung…don’t worry about it.”

Sunggyu let out a sharp sigh. “That’s what you always say…”

“No really. This time I—.”

“Woohyun, I know you can’t tell me a lot of things right now, but I just…the way you act sometimes…”

“Hyung?”

“…it kind of reminds me of how I used to be.” Sunggyu glanced downwards with bitterness in his expression.

“…How you used to be?”

Sunggyu shook his head. “Never mind…I’m probably over thinking it.” He smiled slightly, but the look in his eyes still seemed sad to Woohyun. He felt guilt stab him in the chest. It just occurred to him that he had never even asked Sunggyu about his past or his life at all. He remembered what the demon had said about Sunggyu’s father and his explosive reaction.

It wasn’t as if Woohyun wasn’t interested, but he kept asking himself. Why would Sunggyu tell someone like him about his past and about his struggles in life? Woohyun didn’t even know what he would or could say to comfort Sunggyu, if the older male was upset. Or how he could show him that he was there for him.

But despite that Woohyun wanted to know more about Sunggyu. He wanted to be able to make him feel safe and happy, like Sunggyu had done for him.

“Hyung—”

“No, its fine, it’s nothing.”

There were those words. ‘Its fine’ and ‘it’s nothing.’ Woohyun knew those words too well since they came out of his own mouth so often. Those words were like slamming a door shut to guard his own heart and to prevent others from getting closer. The thing was both parties knew it was a lie. It wasn’t nothing, and nothing was fine, but just by saying those words, someone can be pushed away so easily. They could be shoved out into the cold and not even care and just leave to get warmth else where.

That was the reason Woohyun always held it in. Because what’s the point if the other person doesn’t care enough to keep trying?

Sunggyu was different. He kept trying. He kept waiting out in the cold until Woohyun was ready to open the door and let him in. He now realized how Sunggyu felt every time he had said those words to him.

“Hyung…” Woohyun wrapped his arms around Sunggyu, pulling him close.

“Woohyun what’re you—?”

“I’m sorry hyung…I’m really sorry.”

“Sorry? Why are you sorry?” Sunggyu asked, clearly confused by the younger man’s actions. Woohyun pulled back slightly so he could look Sunggyu in the eyes.

“I’ll try hyung. I’ll try really hard ok?”

“Try what?”

Woohyun swallowed before continuing. “To trust you…” He looked down. “Hyung I really want to trust you.”

Sunggyu smiled softly and Woohyun’s hair. “I know.”

Woohyun grabbed Sunggyu’s hands and caught his gaze. “But you have to trust me too hyung. Depend on me too. I don’t want to be the only one who keeps relying on you all the time. I want you to also trust me enough to tell me things.”

“Woohyun…” Sunggyu blinked, caught off guard by Woohyun’s words. “You…”

“Promise me.” Woohyun had this look of determination on his face that made Sunggyu grin. He his hand in front of Sunggyu. “Lets shake on it.”

Sunggyu snorted. “Shake on it?” He swatted Woohyun’s hand away and pulled him into a warm embrace.

“H-Hyung?” Woohyun blushed. “Y-you’re hugging me!”

“Just shut up.” Sunggyu couldn’t stop smiling. Sure Woohyun didn’t reveal any big secrets, but Sunggyu finally felt like he was making some progress. Woohyun was really trying, and it made Sunggyu feel like things were looking up. Like maybe he did something meaningful for someone for once.

♦♦♦

Sunggyu and Woohyun knocked on Dongwoo and Sungjong’s door. The four decided to meet and discuss their plan for the mission with a few hours still left.

Sungjong opened the door and let them in. “Hi hyungs.” He greeted. Dongwoo waved at them from the bed where he was lounging and watching TV.

“So…” Sunggyu began as he and Woohyun sat down on Sungjong’s bed across from Dongwoo. “I was thinking that we—.”

“But before that hyung.” Sungjong interrupted him. “You do have some clothes to wear to the club right?” Sunggyu paused and looked down at his t-shirt and jeans.

“I was thinking of just pulling a jacket on and then—.”

“Oh no…no hyung, just no.” Sungjong shook his head in disapproval. “That won’t work at all. You don’t have anything…nicer?”

“I don’t really go out much so why would I need nice clothes?” Sunggyu replied, indifferent to Sungjong’s horrified expression.

“Ok that’s it. We have to go shopping. Like right now!”

“Now?” Sunggyu asked. “But shouldn’t we—.”

“Yes right now!” Sungjong exclaimed. “The mission is to catch a mermaid’s eye, which means you have to look attractive and in all honesty, no one’s going to think you’re attractive in those clothes hyung.”

“I don’t think Sunggyu hyung looks that bad.” Woohyun frowned at Sungjong’s criticism.

Sungjong gave him an annoyed look. “Well that’s great. Woohyun hyung thinks you’re attractive. But guess what? He’s not a mermaid so who cares.” Sungjong stated.

“Well I guess you’ve got a point…” Woohyun nodded.

“Don’t agree with him!” Sunggyu sighed.

“But hyung, he does have a point.” Woohyun said. “There’s going to be tons of people there, so we have to stand out so that she’ll notice us.”

Sunggyu groaned. “Fine…”

Sungjong cheered and then turned to Dongwoo, who was busy with his phone. “Are you coming Dongwoo hyung?”

“Hm?” Dongwoo looked up. “Ah…no, you guys go ahead! I got some calls to catch up on. It’s just my family and stuff.”

“Ok.” Sungjong nodded and then followed Sunggyu and Woohyun out.

♦♦♦

Fortunately they found a mall nearby to the hotel. Sungjong dragged them into a store with mannequins sporting flashy overpriced clothing in the window. It was dark and upbeat club music blasted throughout the store. Sungjong went through two racks of clothing in mere seconds while his two hyungs stared, astounded.

Sunggyu sank down on a bench near the fitting rooms, and watched the other two browse the aisles.

“How about this hyung?” Woohyun showed Sunggyu a leopard print button up shirt.

“That’s not too bad.” Sunggyu nodded in approval. Sungjong walked up to them, holding a huge stack of clothing. He took one look at the shirt and made a face.

“Put that back hyung. Its awful.” He shoved the clothing mass onto Sunggyu. “Here try all these on.” Sunggyu stared at him like he was a madman. “C’mon hyung hurry up! We don’t have all day!”

“Ok I’m going!”

Woohyun and Sungjong sat down at the bench beside the fitting room and waited for Sunggyu to try on the clothes.

“So hyung, what was up with you two yesterday?” Sungjong asked.

“Hm? Woohyun blinked. “What do you mean?”

“Oh please you were totally ignoring Sunggyu hyung. Did you guys fight or something?”

“Oh that…no.” Woohyun grinned, “That was just me being really stupid I guess.”

“Well at least you can admit it.” Sungjong sighed.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Woohyun frowned.

“Nothing. Just that I agree with you about you being stupid.”

“Hey…watch it. Just because I said it doesn’t mean you can.” Woohyun warned.

Sungjong rolled his eyes. “Ok whatever hyung.”

Woohyun stared at Sungjong. “You…”

“This is really weird…I think.” They heard Sunggyu’s voice.

“Just let us see it.” Sungjong said.

“Yeah hyung.” Woohyun added. “It can’t be that…” He lost his words the moment Sunggyu stepped out.

He was wearing a black mesh tank top with a leather vest over it. His jeans were fitted, black and had zipper detailing on the thighs and back pockets. The look was complete by short black lace up boots.

“Something seems off.” Sunggyu said.

“Hm…it does seem a bit much.” Sungjong agreed. Oh something was off alright, Woohyun thought. Like how those pants seem to fit Sunggyu perfectly, especially in the thigh and crotch areas. Or how the top he was wearing was practically see through and anyone could easily see his belly button and from certain angles, his s.

Woohyun was so distracted that he didn’t even realize Sungjong was asking him a question.

“Hello? Earth to Woohyun hyung!”

“…Huh? What?” Woohyun blinked dumbly at Sungjong who just rolled his eyes.

“I was asking what you think about Sunggyu hyung’s outfit.” Sungjong said.

“O-Oh…” Woohyun nodded, and then turned to Sunggyu who was looking at him, waiting for his opinion.

Woohyun’s eyes were drawn to Sunggyu’s belly button. He didn’t even know why. It was just a belly button. It wasn’t like it was anything special, but for some reason Woohyun couldn’t take his eyes off it. When he eventually stole his eyes away from Sunggyu’s belly button, they went straight to Sunggyu’s crotch.

“Uh…Woohyun?” Sunggyu noticed Woohyun staring at him, and it kind of made him uncomfortable.

“Ok you know what? Let’s just forget him.” Sungjong ignored Woohyun shamelessly checking Sunggyu out, and got up to put together another outfit. Sunggyu glanced at Woohyun one more time, then turned around and followed Sungjong.

Woohyun slapped a palm to his forehead. Of course Sunggyu’s looked perfect in those damn pants. Woohyun hunched forward and gripped his head.

“What’s wrong with me?! First this morning and now…but its not my fault that he looks…looks what exactly? Cute? Cool? Hot? y? Argh! He’s like all of those things combined!” Woohyun hit his head on the bench in frustration. Then he sat up quickly when he came to a realization. “But its not like that’s my opinion or anything, its just a fact! Yeah…a fact! Everyone knows it because its just the truth. So its not like I think that because I’m attracted to him or anything like that, its just that hyung is attractive and I just happened to notice it! Yeah that really makes sense. I mean its not like other people haven’t noticed it right? I bet a lot of people have noticed how hot hyung is!” He nodded to himself, proud of his theory, but then he thought of something. “A lot of people have probably noticed how good looking he is…”

He glanced around suspiciously and spotted a girl subtly check Sunggyu out as she walked past him.

He immediately made a bee line to where Sunggyu and Sungjong were, determined to protect Sunggyu from filthy minded folks who dared to have less than pure intentions towards his Gyu hyung.

♦♦♦

After finally getting a decent outfit, with no help from Woohyun, who was acting as if he was Sunggyu’s bodyguard, they headed for the checkout counter.

“I can’t believe I’m spending all this money on clothes I’ll probably never wear again.” Sunggyu sighed and reached into his pocket for his wallet. “I don’t think I even have any cash.”

“Well hyung that’s what credit cards are for.” Sungjong replied, coolly. Sunggyu sent the younger man a glare before reluctantly handing his credit card to the cashier.

♦♦♦

Dongwoo stared at his phone. There were fifteen missed calls from the same number. It was a number Dongwoo knew by heart, but it was one who’s owner he hadn’t got a phone call from in years. “Is it really him?” He wondered as he dialed the number.

“…Hello? Dongwoo hyung?”

Dongwoo’s voice got stuck in his throat when he heard that voice. “Hoya…”

“It’s really you?” Hoya’s voice sounded relieved. “…I missed you—.”

“Did you? Is that why you just up and left and didn’t even bother to call or write once in two years?” Dongwoo blurted out.

“…I’m sorry.”

“You’re sorry?” Dongwoo choked. “That’s it?”

“No…I…ok look I’m sorry, I wanted to tell you but—.”

“Why did you call?” Dongwoo didn’t want to hear any of Hoya’s excuses.

“I wanted to meet you.” Hoya said. “I went to your house, but you weren’t there. The guys at the station said you went off for a mission.”

“I…I don’t want to see you.” Dongwoo muttered.

“... I honestly have a legitimate reason for just leaving like that. I didn’t do it because I wanted to. If we can meet, I’ll tell you everything.”

Dongwoo didn’t want to just give in, even though he desperately wanted to see Hoya again. “Just tell me now. If its such a good reason—.”

“I can’t…not over the phone.” Hoya said.

“Why?”

“Its just…something I can only say in person.”

“…Ok.” Dongwoo agreed. “I’ll probably be done here by Monday. So let’s meet on Tuesday for lunch.”

♦♦♦

Sunggyu sighed as he stared at the empty insides of his wallet.

“I’m thirsty.” Sungjong said, completely oblivious to Sunggyu’s money woes. “How about we go get something to drink?” He suggested and already started walking towards a café.

“No. I don’t have any money.” Sunggyu frowned.

Woohyun put an arm around Sunggyu. “C’mon hyung. Its on me.”

“See? Woohyun hyung’s paying.” Sungjong grinned, and skipped into the café.

After they had all chosen and ordered, the cashier told them the amount to pay.

“Ah hyung what’s that over there!” Woohyun suddenly said and dragged Sunggyu outside, leaving Sungjong standing there.

“Wait hyung!” Sungjong whined. “You have to pay!” But they were gone and the cashier was still staring at Sungjong, waiting for the payment. Sungjong grumbled to himself and took out his wallet.

♦♦♦

“I can’t believe you really made him pay.” Sunggyu laughed, as he and Woohyun went back inside the café and sat down.

“Well that’s what he gets for making you buy all those expensive clothes.” Woohyun replied.

“But actually that wasn’t even his fault…” Sunggyu pointed out. “Since it was for the mission.”

“Oh right…” Woohyun remembered. They both exchanged guilty looks, which then turned to amused ones, until they both started cracking up. “Oh well, he’ll survive.”

“You can be pretty cruel when you want to be.” Sunggyu noticed. “What is this? Perhaps another side to Nam Woohyun that I haven’t seen yet?”

Woohyun grinned mysteriously. “I have a lot of sides you still haven’t seen yet hyung.”

“I’m sure you do.” Sunggyu chuckled and looked at Woohyun. “I wonder if I’ll ever get to see them all.”

Woohyun leaned closer to Sunggyu and said in a hushed tone. “Hyung…you shouldn’t wonder about things like that. Its dangerous.”

“Dangerous?” Sunggyu snorted. “Why’s that?”

Woohyun grabbed the collar of Sunggyu’s shirt, pulling him in so his lips touched Sunggyu’s ear. “Because then you’ll get the Nam Woohyun treatment.” He whispered, and then gave Sunggyu a peck on the cheek.

“W-Woohyun!” Sunggyu shoved him away, blushing and wiping his cheek. “I-I told you not to do that anymore!”

“I don’t remember you saying that~” Woohyun beamed.

“W-We’re in public also!” Sunggyu glanced around to see if anyone saw.

“So that means if we’re alone I can—.”

“S-shut up.” Sunggyu turned away, refusing to look at Woohyun’s greasy smile.

“Aw c’mon hyung~” Woohyun leaned on Sunggyu’s shoulder and looked up at him, giving him the puppy dog eyes. Sunggyu fought a smile so hard, but gave in, and shoved Woohyun away, still annoyed.

“I swear…you’re such a handful…” Sunggyu sighed, as Woohyun gazed at him happily. Sungjong finally came, with their drinks. He dumped them down on the table and glared at Woohyun.

“Hyung, how could you do that?!”

“Do what?” Woohyun asked, with an innocent expression. Sungjong pouted and sat down, while Sunggyu and Woohyun laughed at the youngest throwing a tantrum.

“I got to use the bathroom, be right back.” Woohyun said, and walked towards the restrooms.

“Sorry about that Sungjong.” Sunggyu laughed and patted the younger male’s head. “I didn’t know he was going to do that.”

“It’s not your fault hyung.” Sungjong muttered. “It’s your boyfriend’s.”

Sunggyu nearly choked on his drink. “W-what did you say?”

“You heard me.”

“H-He’s not my…” Sunggyu stammered. “W-we’re not—.”

“Relax hyung, I was just kidding.” Sungjong paused. “Unless you two really are—?”

“We’re not!” Sunggyu stated immediately, then sighed and played with his straw. “Why would you even say that…?”

“Oh please.” Sungjong sighed. “While I was waiting at the counter to get the drinks, I could see you two totally flirting with each other.”

“W-what?!” Sunggyu gasped. “We weren’t—.”

“I’m not just saying that. There were these two guys who saw you two and you know what they said? One guy said ‘Ew those gay people are everywhere aren’t they?’ and then the other guy said ‘Yeah, can’t those homos get a room?’” Sunggyu frowned. “Yeah they were douche bags, but the fact is, you two were flirting and it was obvious.” Sungjong said.

Sunggyu sighed. “Look we weren’t flirting…Woohyun’s just…like that. And besides isn’t it weird to even think that? That we’re dating when we’re both guys?”

“Hm…yeah I guess it’s weird. But it would be even weirder to imagine Woohyun hyung dating a girl, or anybody else really.” Sungjong said.

“Why’s that?”

“Well I don’t know…it just seems like he cares about you more than anyone else. He’s much different after he met you.” Sungjong explained. “Before he barely used to talk with us. I mean he smiled and said hi, and we’d have polite conversation, but that was all. He never really joked around with us or anything like that.”

Sunggyu rubbed the back of his neck. “Well that doesn’t necessarily have to do with me…”

“Also he smiles more. I mean he always used to smile, but I mean now he really genuinely smiles.” Sungjong said, then nodded contentedly and took a sip of his smoothie.

Sunggyu grinned slightly. “You’re a pretty good kid…”

“Of course I am hyung.” Sungjong replied in a matter of fact tone, when Woohyun finally returned.

“What took you so long?” Sunggyu asked, as Woohyun sat down.

“Maybe it was a big one.” Sungjong smirked. “You’ve been having constipation hyung?”

“N-no!” Woohyun blushed, and then turned to Sunggyu. “I-I wasn’t…that’s not what I was doing in there hyung!”

“It’s not really my business…” Sunggyu looked away.

“Ah hyung!” Woohyun whined and grabbed onto Sunggyu’s arm. “It’s not like that…its just there was a long line and…and—.”

“Really?” Sungjong stood up to check. “I don’t see anyone there…”

“T-that’s because I was the last one!” Woohyun spluttered. “Why are you being like this Sungjong?” Sunggyu and Sungjong exchanged a look and both started laughing, confusing Woohyun. He looked from one to the other. “Why are you guys laughing?”

“Oh it’s nothing...” Sungjong grinned evilly and scooted closer to Sunggyu. “Just that while you were gone, Sunggyu hyung and I really bonded.”

“W-what…?” Woohyun frowned, and then looked at Sunggyu, expecting an explanation.

Sunggyu merely smiled and laughed it off. Woohyun folded his arms and scoffed at Sungjong. “Well it doesn’t matter, because nothing can break the bonds that hyung and I have formed!” He announced, his voice louder than it should be.

“Oh god…Woohyun just shut up.” Sunggyu sighed, embarrassed for him.

“Plus Sunggyu hyung likes me better than anyone else!”

“Oh please…” Sungjong rolled his eyes. “How do you know that? Did you even ask him?”

Woohyun paused and turned to Sunggyu. “Hyung, you like me the best right? Right?”

Sunggyu decided to change the subject, getting tired of their childish fight. “So anyways…I was doing some research about mermaids and—.”

“But before that…hyung you do like me the best right?” Woohyun interrupted him.

Sunggyu gave him a dry look. “No.”

Woohyun’s eyes went wide. “Who is it? Who do you like better?”

“My mother, my sister, ice cream, meat, music, money, sleep…shall I go on?”

“Most of those things aren’t even human.” Woohyun pouted.

“Exactly, but I still like them better than you.” Sunggyu smirked and poked him on the nose. It took him a few seconds, before Woohyun finally realized Sunggyu was messing with him. He then grinned and grabbed Sunggyu’s smoothie and took a sip.

“So anyways…like I was saying…” Sunggyu began again. “I was reading about mermaids and it says when they transform into humans, whether they took a potion or have shape shifting abilities, they’ll have a blue tattoo on the back of their neck.”

“A tattoo huh?” Woohyun nodded.

“But if it’s on the back of their neck, how will we see it?” Sungjong wondered.

“Yeah, that’ll be the tricky part.”

“So I guess we’ll be looking for someone with hair that goes past their neck, not that that really narrows it down.”

“I wish there was some other clues that could help us find her.”

♦♦♦

Sungyeol collapsed on his couch beside Myungsoo. “This is the last time we’re doing this…”

“I know.” Myungsoo nodded.

“I mean it.” Sungyeol warned, and pointed his finger right in the other’s face, and then reached for a bowl of popcorn. “Start the movie.”

Myungsoo grinned and grabbed the remote and pressed play.

“This is “Friends with Benefits” right?” Sungyeol asked.

“No. It’s “No strings attached.”

“Oh….” Sungyeol shrugged. “Well they’re both about the same thing anyways. After this we’re watching “Bridget Jones’s Diary.”

“But I want to watch “The Notebook.” Myungsoo turned to Sungyeol.

“But we watched that last time! Plus you chose this movie so I get to choose the next one!” Sungyeol exclaimed and paused the movie.

Before they had met they had both kept their love for rom-coms a secret and therefore had no one to share their interests with until they found each other. It started out a few weeks after they had met, and Sungyeol was going to see the release of a new romantic comedy and spotted Myungsoo at the theater. They both agreed to keep each other’s love for such movies a secret and in exchange they got together every once in a while, secretly of course, to marathon their favorite romantic comedies. They eventually built up a sort of covert friendship over the years.

“Ok fine, but I have to go after the second movie.” Myungsoo sighed.

“You’re not staying the night?” Sungyeol asked, as they usually stayed up all night watching romantic comedies on weekends and then fell asleep on the couch.

“I want to, but I have this dinner with my dad and some of the other hunters...” Myungsoo stared at the popcorn bowl, with an empty expression.

Sungyeol knew Myungsoo and his dad didn’t exactly see eye to eye. Mr. Kim, was the head of the vampire hunter society, and practically forced Myungsoo into being a hunter as well. He was a very close minded man, who hated anything remotely out of the box or anything he deemed ‘unmanly.’ Therefore Myungsoo had to keep the things he really loved a secret from his father, including romance movies and his friendship with Sungyeol, who Mr. Kim hated with a passion.

Sungyeol watched Myungsoo pick at the popcorn kernels.

“You want to talk about it?”

“Not really…”

“…Ok.” Sungyeol nodded, and then thought of something. “Guess what I got?”

Myungsoo looked up. “What?” Sungyeol grinned and dashed into his kitchen. He returned with an orange square shaped item. “What’s that?”

“It’s a toaster that lets you write stuff on the toast!” Sungyeol explained. “Look see you just write whatever you want on the top here…and then plug it in and bam! Toast with a message.”

Myungsoo looked at the toaster and then at Sungyeol. “Let’s do this.” He grinned. They raced into the kitchen and Sungyeol grabbed two slices of toast. He handed one to Myungsoo who slid it inside the opening and then took the pen, and thought about what he should write.

“Just write anything you want.” Sungyeol said. “It doesn’t have to be anything special.”

Myungsoo smiled at Sungyeol then began writing. The choding attempted to see, but Myungsoo pushed him away. “You can’t see it until it’s done.” Sungyeol pouted and stood back. When the toast was done, Myungsoo took it out, looked it over proudly, and then handed it to Sungyeol. “Here.”

“For me?” Sungyeol asked and took the toast. It read:

My best friend Sungyeol is the best <3

Sungyeol grinned and stuffed the whole slice into his mouth.

[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]

What is this even? I turned Myungyeol into rom-com loving cheese bags…I’m sorry! >.<

But I’m still patting myself on the back for finally including everyone in one chapter. Even though it was only Hoya over the phone.

If you're curious, this is the toaster thing Sungyeol had: http://www.anothermag.com/loves/view/18837/message_on_toast

I have the next couple of chapters pretty much ready to post, I'm just waiting for your comments <3