Bogeyman

Dark Side

Sunggyu groaned and rolled over in bed, after hearing his ring tone go off for the third time that morning. It had been a few days since Woohyun had exorcised his demon, and decided that he was going to cling to Sunggyu every chance he could get. Sunggyu really wouldn’t mind that much about the phone calls from Woohyun, except for the fact that he was right downstairs.

Sunggyu’s mother was to blame for that, as she insisted Woohyun stay for as long as he wishes. Sunggyu suspected she made such an offer after Woohyun offered to do the dishes and help with dinner.

He tried to drown out the sound, by covering his head with his pillow. “Why didn’t I put it on vibrate?!” He grumbled to himself and sat up rubbing his eyes when there was a knock on his door. He knew it was Woohyun, since his mother would never knock. “What do you want?” He asked in a hoarse voice.

“Hyung?” Woohyun opened the door. “You’re awake? Why didn’t you answer your phone then?”

“If you want to talk to me then just come up here and do it…” Sunggyu said. “There’s no point in phoning me when I’m fifteen feet away.”

“Really? I can come in your room whenever I want?” Woohyun’s eyes lit up.

“Yeah sure…” Sunggyu sighed, still bogged down by drowsiness. Woohyun cheered and jumped onto Sunggyu’s bed and dived under the covers. “What are you doing? I never said you could use my bed!”

“Aw c’mon Hyung~” Woohyun nudged Sunggyu, cutely. “Besides it cold downstairs…but its warm in your bed.” Sunggyu just shook his head at Woohyun, and climbed out of the bed and headed for the shower. “Ah hyung…I got a call earlier. We have a mission today.”

♦♦♦

When Woohyun and Sunggyu got to the office, they spotted Sungyeol leaning against the front desk, sipping his coffee.

“Good morning!” Dongwoo popped out from behind a nearby plant and grinned at Woohyun and Sunggyu.

“Wait...” Sunggyu looked around cautiously. “Where did you come from?”

“What’s so good about it?!” Sungyeol snapped. “It’s just a boring annoying crappy morning, just like every other morning!”

“Ah…” Woohyun nodded in understanding, and then turned to Dongwoo. “He’s like that because of…”

“Yeah.” Dongwoo replied. “He heard about it this morning.”

Sunggyu glanced from Woohyun to Dongwoo. “Because of what? What’s wrong with him?” Woohyun merely smiled and patted Sunggyu on the shoulder as if he were nothing more than a cute child that didn’t need to know about serious adult stuff.

“This is what happened—.” Dongwoo began with a huge grin, but then Sungyeol slapped him hard on the shoulder.

“It’s nothing! Nothing happened!” The choding shouted, sending the shorter man a death glare. Sunggyu frowned as Dongwoo gave him a helpless shrug.

“They’re here!” A female officer squealed as she burst through the front door.

“Who? Who’s here?” Sunggyu questioned, secretly hating that he seemed to be the only one left out of the loop.

Sungyeol let out a sharp sigh. “The vampire hunters.”

♦♦♦

“We’re going to kill all of them. The end.”

“This is why you’re so stupid! Well it’s not the only reason, but it’s a very big one!”

“Just like your—.”

“Argh! You’re so annoying! Why don’t you just dig a giant hole then jump in and shoot yourself Kim Myungsoo!”

“Only if I can take you with me Lee Sungyeol.”

“Ok who let them be in the same room without supervision again?” Seungho sighed, as Sungjong and Dongwoo dragged the two out of Sungyeol and Sungjong’s office and to the main office, where the rest of the officers were assembled for a meeting.

“Everyone, can I have your attention?” Mi Seon called out. “The boss has already left for England, so I will be in charge, and responsible for leading this meeting.”

There was slight chatter among the officers.

“Who’s the boss?” Sunggyu whispered to Woohyun.

“You’ve never met him?” Woohyun asked.

“No…why? Should I have?”

“It’s just…the boss usually meets with new officers one on one, and takes them out for coffee.”

“Or if you’re Sungjong, for dinner.” Dongwoo snickered, earning him a slap on the arm from the younger boy. “Jeez, why do I keep getting hit today?” Dongwoo sighed.

“I’m sure you’re all wondering what vampire hunters are doing here.”

“Go home stupid hunters!” Sungyeol yelled from somewhere.

“Ahem…” Mi Seon sent a glare at Sungyeol before continuing. “As you all know, there has been a continuing increase in the vampire population over the last few years.”

“What? Really?” Sunggyu asked the other three with a shocked expression.

“Its likely you’ve met one before.” Sungjong said.

“I blame the media…” They all turned around to see the vampire hunter who was arguing with Sungyeol before, Myungsoo. “It’s those books and movies…making people think that vampires are something great…you know what they really are?” He asked Sunggyu, who just stared at him. “Glorified mosquitoes.”

“Uh…ok.” Sunggyu answered.

“I haven’t seen you before…you must be new.” Myungsoo said to Sunggyu. “I’m Kim Myungsoo.”

“Kim Sunggyu.” Sunggyu said, as Woohyun put an arm around his shoulder. Woohyun eyed Myungsoo suspiciously. He knew how vampire hunters tended to employ new hunters wherever they went. New SC officers were some of their favorite targets. Woohyun knew he had to say something, anything to let Myungsoo know that Sunggyu wasn’t up for grabs.

“He’s my partner.”

“Oh…for how long?” Myungsoo asked, even though he didn’t really seem interested in the answer.

“Not long, like barely—.”

“Long enough!” Woohyun cut Sunggyu off.

“Yeah maybe too long…” Sunggyu joked.

Woohyun pouted. “Hyung how could you say that~?” He whined.

“Alright I get it, I was just kidding, ok?” Sunggyu patted Woohyun’s head affectionately.

Myungsoo tilted his head and asked, “Are you guys dating?” They both froze.

“W-what are you saying?!” Sunggyu stammered.

“Y-yeah, we’re both guys also!” Woohyun added.

“Relax don’t get your in a bunch.” Myungsoo sighed. “It was just a question...”

“So because of this, we’ll be working closely with the hunters to come up with humane ways to deal with the overpopulation issues for the next couple of months.” Mi Seon finished. “Any questions?” Sungyeol’s hand shot up. Mi Seon scanned the room. “Ok good. Meeting adjourned.”

Everyone disassembled, going to their respective offices.

Woohyun and Sunggyu joined Mi Seon in her office to get their mission assignment. Mi Seon requested to talk to Sunggyu alone and shut the door in Woohyun’s face. She sat down at her desk, gesturing Sunggyu to sit as well.

“So, how’s it working out for you here Sunggyu?” She asked.

“Fine I guess…I haven’t really done anything yet though.” Sunggyu answered.

“Oh I wouldn’t say that.” She smiled, confusing Sunggyu. “I’m sure you’ve been told about Woohyun’s…condition.”

“Not really.” Sunggyu said. “Just that he seems to be scared of a lot of things…”

“I see...” Mi Seon leaned forward in her chair, resting her elbows on her desk. “So he hasn’t told you anything?”

Sunggyu pondered for a moment whether he should tell her about the demon or Woohyun’s house, but decided against it.

“Why? Is there something I need to know?” He asked.

“I wouldn’t know…Woohyun seems to keep to himself most of the time.”

“Hm…” Sunggyu nodded.

“Except when he’s with you it seems.” Mi Seon pointed out. “It’s really a good thing you’re doing for him.”

Sunggyu rubbed the back of his neck, in embarrassment. “But I haven’t really done anything for him…”

“You’re wrong about that. He trusts you.”

“No he doesn’t.” Sunggyu replied, remembering how Woohyun refused to tell him about why he lives in a run down mansion, or why he had a demon following him around, or even why he had broken glass and mirrors all over his house.

“No not completely…but complete trust takes time and effort.” Mi Seon explained. “The fact is he wants to trust you, which is a big step for him.” Sunggyu nodded, thinking this over. “Well I just wanted to check in with you, and to tell you that I hope you can continue being Woohyun’s partner. I think it’ll be good for both of you. Your mother seems to like him as well.”

“Huh? How do you know that?” Sunggyu asked.

“I’m Facebook friends with your mom.” Mi Seon grinned.

“…Seriously?” Sunggyu gave her a wary look.

“You can go get Woohyun now, so we can talk about your next mission.” Sunggyu did as he was told and called in Woohyun, who was waiting on the other side of the door.

“This will be one of your most dangerous missions.” Mi Seon stated.

Sunggyu braced himself. “What was it going to be?” He wondered. “Maybe a demon? Or a werewolf…?”

It’s the bogeyman.”

“…the what?” Sunggyu snorted. “What the hell is that?”

“Well to be more specific, the bogeyman’s younger twin sisters.”

“Wait, back up…what is this bogeyman?” Sunggyu asked. Woohyun and Mi Seon stared at him in shock.

“Hyung…you’ve never heard of the bogeyman?” Sunggyu shook his head.

“Well basically it’s used by parents to stop their kids from misbehaving.” Mi Seon explained. “The parents will tell their child that if they behave badly the bogeyman will come for them at night and eat them.” Sunggyu made a face at this. “The bogeyman usually comes in from their window then hides under the bed or in the closet, and waits for the child to fall asleep. Then he puts them in his sack and takes them away, usually to eat them.”

“He goes after kids, because he likes how they taste apparently.” Woohyun shivered in disgust.

“So? It doesn’t sound so tough…I mean he goes after kids.” Sunggyu said.

“He’s fully capable of taking on adults, though.” Mi Seon added. “The bogeyman is actually a distant cousin to the devil, so he shouldn’t be taken lightly.”

“But you said we were going to be dealing with his twin sisters…”

“Yes. Since the bogeyman is currently being held in captivity he has his relatives do his dirty work.” Mi Seon said.

“So this time…we won’t be relocating them or anything?”

 “Well we’ll be taking them into custody, but the issue is, we have no potions to keep them unconscious long enough to transport them to the Supernatural detention center.” Mi Seon said.

“So we’ll have to knock them out.” Woohyun nodded.

“We’ve been able to track their victims and we think we’ve found their next target: A young girl, Lauren who lives in the Northwood District.” Mi Seon told them. “You’ll set up the scene and hide, waiting for the twins to arrive. Then take them out, and send them to officers who’ll be waiting on standby a few blocks from Lauren’s house. And make sure they’re unconscious. Understood?”

♦♦♦

“So am I actually going to do anything, or do I have to sit and wait in the car again?” Sunggyu asked, as he drove him and Woohyun to the Northwood district, just as the sun was setting.

“Of course not Hyung, I need you there with me.” Woohyun said.

“R-really?” Sunggyu was caught off guard by this.

“Sure, I don’t want to hide in the dark alone.” Woohyun replied, and Sunggyu could only roll his eyes.

“Just for that?” He sighed.

“Yeah…and Hyung when the twins show up, you just stay back and let me handle them.”

“Why?” Sunggyu frowned. “You know I have been in fights before. Most of the guys whose asses I’ve kicked would say I’m pretty good.”

“Hyung, I don’t want you to get hurt. This will be a lot tougher than facing ordinary humans.”

“That’s exactly why you’ll need my help.” Sunggyu said. “I mean I know you’re good, but from what’s been said it seems like these guys will be tough even for you.” He said, as he turned into the driveway of the address they’ve been given.

“That’s fine, I’ll handle it somehow.” Woohyun said. “I just don’t want anything to happen to you.”

Sunggyu turned off the car, and turned to Woohyun. “And what about you?” Woohyun looked down playing with his sleeves.

“I’ll be fine. If something happens to me, you can have my creepy house.” Woohyun joked.

“That’s not funny.” Sunggyu told him, wearing a serious expression.

Woohyun laughed lightly, feeling awkward under Sunggyu’s intense stare. “R-right…yeah I guess not.”

“Do you even know why I don’t think it’s funny?”

Woohyun looked at him, confused. Sunggyu shook his head, clearly annoyed, and stepped out of the car, slamming the door. Woohyun blinked in disbelief, and came out as well, following after Sunggyu.

“Wait Hyung! What happened? Why are you angry?” He ran to catch up with the older man. Sunggyu spun around to face him dead on.

“You don’t get it do you?” Woohyun searched Sunggyu’s eyes, trying to find an answer that would make Sunggyu stop looking at him like that.

“Hyung…”

“You keep saying you don’t want anything to happen to me, but what if something happens to you idiot?!” Sunggyu didn’t mean for the words to come out so aggressively, but he was seriously pissed off. “How do you think I’ll feel?!” Woohyun just stared at him. “It’s not fair for you to be like that Woohyun. You can’t say you care about someone, but then not even consider their feelings.”

“I…”

“Look I know you don’t want something to happen to me, but I also don’t want something to happen to you.” Sunggyu said. “That’s what caring about someone else means. You take care of them, but you also take care of yourself for their sake. Because as much as you don’t want to lose them, they don’t want to lose you either.”

“Hyung…you—.”

“No! You shut up!” Sunggyu cut him off, pointing a finger at Woohyun. “I’m helping you take out those bogeyman’s twin sisters or whatever they are, and nothing you say will make a difference! That’s final. End of discussion!” He announced and turned and headed for the front door.

Woohyun stood there dumbly for a few seconds, then smiled, thinking over everything Sunggyu had said.

“Hey! Are you just going to stand there like an idiot? C’mon!” Sunggyu yelled. Woohyun chuckled and ran to Sunggyu.

♦♦♦

“Ok Lauren, all you have to do is lay in bed and when I say ‘run Lauren!’ you run as fast as you can out of the room, ok?” Woohyun told Lauren, who nodded shyly.

They were in Lauren’s brightly colored bedroom, getting prepared to face the bogey twins.

Sunggyu watched, still in disbelief over what he had told Woohyun earlier. He’d never been that honest with his feelings to someone he barely knew. The truth was he didn’t know Woohyun for long or that well, but he just felt bothered by it. By the way Woohyun assumed he didn’t care about him at all. Sunggyu would never say it out loud, but even though at first, he thought Woohyun was annoying, his opinion had since changed. Woohyun wasn’t actually that bad and maybe he didn’t dislike him.

But that was it. That was all Sunggyu would admit to himself, and he refused to think anymore about it.

After Woohyun finished explaining to Lauren what she should do, he turned to Sunggyu with a smile. “You ready?” He patted him on the shoulder.

“Uh, yeah.” Sunggyu avoided Woohyun’s eye smile, causing the younger to pout. He figured Sunggyu was nervous of the impending fight. He put an arm around Sunggyu and patted his back.

“It’ll be ok. We can do this.” Sunggyu looked at him, surprised. He gave him a curt nod, and then awkwardly walked past Woohyun towards the closet. Sunggyu then began tapping his head against the door continuously. Woohyun just stared at him, wondering if he was ok.

“Concentrate…” Sunggyu told himself. “Don’t think about stupid things…only about the mission.”

“It’s almost time hyung.” Woohyun said, snapping Sunggyu out of his brain cell destroying activities.

“Right, let’s go.” Sunggyu opened the closet door, and they both went in, to hide out until the bogey twins arrived.

As soon as Sunggyu shut the closet door, it was dead silent, and pitch black.

“Hyung?” Woohyun whispered. “Where are you?”

“…right here.”

“Yeah that’s real helpful.”

“Well what do you want me to do then?” Sunggyu retorted, but then gasped when he felt a firm hand grip his waist. “W-what are you doing?”

“Oh that’s you?” Woohyun asked. “I thought it was a pillow or something. You’re so soft hyung.”

“Shut up.” Sunggyu grunted, and tried to shove Woohyun away with limited success. “Why are you standing so close?” He whispered, hoarsely. He could feel Woohyun’s breath on his neck, and it was not something he felt comfortable with.

“So I can hear you hyung.” Woohyun replied, his voice low. “We have to be extra quiet, because they have really good hearing. And I can’t hear you if I stand farther away.” Despite Woohyun’s words, Sunggyu could hear him just fine, and didn’t see the need for the younger to be pressed up against him in such a way.

Refusing to have his personal space invaded any longer, and secretly unnerved by the fact that he didn’t hate the feeling of Woohyun’s firm chest, he attempted to push Woohyun away again.

“Wait Hyung…”

“What?”

“I think I’m stuck to you.”

“Woohyun this is no time for your greasy—.”

“No Hyung, I’m serious. Your belt’s caught on my jeans.”

“Out of all the—.”

“Wait shh!” Woohyun clamped his palm over Sunggyu’s mouth. He could hear a low voice talking on the other side. “It’s them.” Woohyun mouthed the words, but Sunggyu obviously couldn’t see him since it was dark.

Sunggyu was still oblivious and shoved Woohyun’s hand away and shouted, “What’s your problem? And stop standing so close to me!”

“Shut up Hyung! They’re going to hear you!” Woohyun yelled back, shoving Sunggyu against the closet door.

“You’re yelling too!”

“Here hurry and take off your belt!”

“I can’t see it stupid!”

“Ok fine, I’ll do it! Hold still Hyung!”

“Hurry up!”

“I’m trying! Stop pressuring me!”

“Oh forget it! You’re too slow! Let me—!”

“No! I almost—!” Woohyun shoved Sunggyu’s arm out of the way, and he ended up bumping the door knob, toggling it, until it opened. As the door burst open, they both spilled out with Woohyun straddling Sunggyu. He was still holding on to either end of Sunggyu’s now unfastened belt, and Sunggyu’s pants button had somehow come undone.

“Excuse me?” They both looked up to see a brown haired man sitting beside Lauren on her bed, and staring at them.

It was Lauren’s father.

His expression was a mix of confusion, repulsion and shock. Woohyun and Sunggyu both glanced down at Woohyun’s hands which were still dangerously close to Sunggyu’s crotch. They both scrambled to get up, fumbling about for a few seconds.

“Wait!” Sunggyu struggled to adjust his belt. “T-This isn’t what it looks like.”

“Yeah I was just trying to help him take his belt off!” Woohyun explained, and then paused. “That didn’t come out right…”

“You see his jeans got stuck to my belt so he was just trying to—.”

“Look, I don’t care what you do in your private time, but I would appreciate it, if you could concentrate and take this seriously.” Lauren’s father stated, “I don’t want my daughter’s life to be at risk, because you two couldn’t…” He paused when he remembered Lauren was still there. “Control yourselves.”

“Yes sir…we’re sorry.” They both gave in and apologized, deciding it to be easier than having to explain.

Just then, they heard some branches creaking outside the bedroom window. Woohyun immediately gestured for Lauren’s father to leave, and he did as he was told. Sunggyu and Woohyun rushed into the closet. They heard the window squeak, and then there was a light thump. They opened the door slightly and Woohyun peered through first to assess the situation. Since by now his eyes had adjusted to the dark, he could make out two cloaked figures heading towards Lauren’s bed.

Woohyun tapped Sunggyu on the arm, signaling it was time to attack. They crept as quietly as they could, until Sunggyu accidentally kicked a pink ping pong ball that went flying and hit the back of one of the twin’s head. Woohyun immediately leaped onto the bogey twins, grabbing them by their heads.

“Run Lauren!” He yelled, but Lauren was too scared, and refused to move, on the verge of tears. Sunggyu rushed past Woohyun and the bogey twins, to Lauren. He grabbed her and opened the bedroom door, handing her to her father who was on the other side.

Meanwhile Woohyun was struggling to keep the bogey twins in control. They managed to push him off, but not without losing their cloaks, revealing their true appearances. They were the heights of basketball players, even while hunched over, and had bluish black crinkly bodies. Their limbs were long and wiry, in contrast to their protruding bellies. Their eyes were yellow and bulging, and their hair, thin and dark. Sunggyu shut the door, then turned to see what he was about to deal with.

“Damn, you guys are ugly.” He said.

One of the twins that had shorter hair snorted at Sunggyu. “Well you’re not exactly Prince Charming yourself.”

“You can speak?” Sunggyu gasped and pointed.

“Yes, and its rude to point.” The longer haired one sighed, and then turned to Woohyun. “Ah you’re that kid who put our brother behind bars. Well looks like we’re going to have to kill you then.”

Woohyun grinned, taking on the challenge. “You can try. And you?” He eyed the shorter haired one. “Screw Prince Charming. Sunggyu hyung’s way better.”

At that he lunged into action, attacking with a flurry of kicks and punches and dodging when the short haired one threw a punch.

Sunggyu assumed that meant he was going to face the longer haired twin, who was still preoccupied with Woohyun. He waited for a second to plan his method of attacking. Figuring close combat was not the best idea, seeing that she was much bigger and stronger than him. Sunggyu decided he should somehow tire her out, and then attack. But the issue was how he was going to do that in such a tiny room.

That was when he noticed the open window. If they could somehow get them outside, fighting them would be easier.

“Woohyun!” He called, garnering the younger male’s attention. “The window!” Woohyun briefly looked to where Sunggyu was pointing and seemed to instantly understand. He ran to the window, paused to check if the twins were looking, which they were. He smirked, and then jumped out the window. Sunggyu’s jaw dropped.

“That’s not what I meant you idiot!” He yelled. “This is the second floor!”

However the twins didn’t seem to share Sunggyu’s concerns and readily followed Woohyun out the window. Sunggyu groaned and turned around opting for the stairs because he didn’t want to risk never walking again.

When he made it out the front door, the bogey twins had Woohyun in their grasps, as he tried to fight them off. Sunggyu ran to the scene, stabbing one of the twins in the back with the pocket knife he secretly kept with him at all times. She screeched in pain and fell away from Woohyun, who shoved the shorter haired twin away as well. He then pushed himself on top of her, pulling his knife out of his pocket and stabbing her in the arm with it. She scratched at his face with her long filthy fingernails, and managed to draw blood but Woohyun barely blinked. She kneed him in the gut, causing him to fall back from the force. He merely stood up again, coughing and spitting out blood, then pounced at her again, his eyes seemingly possessed.

Sunggyu could hardly believe he was the same Woohyun who he’d come to know. But he had no time to delve into such thoughts, as long hair was charging towards him, apparently not appreciating Sunggyu stabbing her in the back. She swatted at him with her talon like nails, but Sunggyu dodged them with ease, as he ran past two garden gnomes decorating Lauren’s yard.

He glanced around for something to hit her with and spotted a large decorative stone in the neighbor’s yard. He grabbed it and ran a little farther, waiting for the long haired twin to catch up. When she was but a few feet away, and was racing towards him, he ducked down right at the second she reached out to grab him. She ended up running over him and it took a while for her to slow her momentum to a stop that before she had a chance to turn around, Sunggyu had leapt into the air and bopped her in the back of the head with the rock. She fell over onto the road, unconscious.

Sunggyu waited for a second, just to see if she would wake up, but she didn’t.

“That…was easy?” Sunggyu blinked. “Is she really unconscious?” He attempted to flip her over onto her back, but she was far too heavy. He hesitantly got up and took a few steps back, not wanting to have his back turned in case she was actually awake.

He could see the officers who were on standby rushing up to him.

“Is this one ready to be taken in?” One of the officers asked.

“I think so.” Sunggyu nodded, and let them load up the long haired twin into the back of their van.

He stared suspiciously, when he heard a blood curdling scream, coming from behind him.

“Woohyun!” He remembered and ran back to Lauren’s front yard to see Woohyun with his foot on the short haired twin’s neck; he was leaning in and punching her continuously across the face. The monster’s face was a mangled mess, with black blood dripping down her nose and sunken in bruises running across her swollen eyes.

“How’d those kids taste huh?” Woohyun spat. “Did you enjoy seeing their crying scared faces as you stuffed them into those sacks and took them away from their homes?!” He punched her again, this time in the gut. “When they begged you to let them see their mothers one more time, you laughed at them didn’t you?!”

“P-please…” The short haired bogey twin begged. “I-I won’t do it again…”

“Of course you won’t…” Woohyun had a sadistic look in his eyes, as if he was actually enjoying beating the out of her. “Because I’ll take you apart piece by piece—.”

“Hey!” Sunggyu ran up to him. “What’re you doing?! We’re not supposed to kill them!”

But Woohyun didn’t seem to notice Sunggyu at all, his eyes still colored with murderous intent. He held his knife right up to the monster’s eyes.

“Should I start with this ugly eyeball? Is that how you eat those kids? Starting with the eyeballs?” The bogey sister shook her head, pleadingly, dirty tears streaming down her face.

Just as he was about to stab her, Sunggyu grabbed his wrist.

“Stop it!” Sunggyu shouted.

“Don’t touch me…” Woohyun murmured in a low voice, still eyeing the monster underneath him. Sunggyu tugged at his wrist harder. “I said don’t touch me!” Woohyun exploded, “Get lost I’m—!”

“Snap out of it!” Sunggyu gripped onto his wrist even harder. Woohyun pulled away from Sunggyu and continued with his stabbing attempt.

Sunggyu knew he had to stop Woohyun somehow and did the only thing he could think off. He lunged forward and tackled Woohyun off of the teary eyed monster, and onto the solid moist grass. Sunggyu gestured behind him for the officer to take away the other bogey twin, while Woohyun struggled underneath him. He pressed Woohyun’s wrists down and stared him right in the eyes, “Woohyun…its ok” He said the words as gently as he could.

He noticed the monstrous look in Woohyun’s eyes fade away, and his expression become softer.

“S-Sunggyu hyung…” Woohyun stared back at him, wide eyed. “I-I’m so sorry…I—.”

“Its ok.” Sunggyu got off Woohyun and sat beside him.

“No! No…its not.” Woohyun gripped his head, his voice shaking, “I—!”

“Shut up.” Sunggyu interrupted him.

“But Hyung…whenever I fight I become like this…like a monster.” Woohyun explained. “You’ll have to deal with this every time we—.”

“So?” Sunggyu gave him a blasé expression. “I’ll deal with it then. Just like how you deal with my bad personality, I’ll deal with this.”

“Hyung…you don’t have a bad personality.” Woohyun smiled slightly, calming down.

“And you’re not a monster. Glad we got that established, now can we go eat? I’m starving.” Sunggyu sighed.

Woohyun gazed at Sunggyu for a few seconds.

“Hyung it must of really hurt…”

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

“When you fell from heaven.” Sunggyu glared at Woohyun until Woohyun cracked up. “I’m sorry.” He laughed, as Sunggyu fought a smile, but gave in and chuckled along side him. “But seriously…thanks.”

“And I bet this is just another thing that you won’t tell me about.” Sunggyu said. “Why you’re like that when you fight…”

“It’s not like there’s some big secret behind it…I just have no self control sometimes I guess.” Woohyun explained, picking at the grass blades. “I’ve never really been good at handling my emotions…”

“Oh really? I never would have guessed.” Sunggyu’s voice was dripping with sarcasm. Woohyun grinned and punched him lightly in the arm.

“But hyung I’m impressed. You handled a full on monster all on your own.”

“Of course!” Sunggyu crossed his arms proudly, but then frowned and tilted his head. “But it was weird…almost like it was too easy?”

“You’re already getting cocky.” Woohyun shook his head. “It was just your first monster hyung. Calm down.”

“No I’m serious!” Sunggyu said. “All I did was hit it on the head with a big stone.”

“Look out everyone! It’s Kim Sunggyu, SC officer of the year!” Woohyun joked.

Sunggyu grumbled. “Cut it out Woohyun. I didn’t mean it like that!”

Woohyun grinned and put an arm around Sunggyu. “I’ve never had this much fun on a mission before.”

“Well that’s great for you…” Sunggyu replied with far less enthusiasm. He glanced at Woohyun’s face, noticing the scratch across Woohyun’s chin. “Doesn’t that hurt?” He pointed to his chin.

Woohyun touched the cut and stared at the blood it left on his fingers.

“No…it’s fine.” He gave Sunggyu a small forced smile, that Sunggyu could tell by now meant Woohyun wasn’t fine at all and that he didn’t want to talk about it.

[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]

Thanks for subscribing and commenting <3 Happy Halloween!

Myungsoo finally makes a brief appearance. He'll play a bigger part later on...and Hoya, wherefore art thou? Sorry Hoya/yadong fans will have to wait for a while longer :(

The celebrity appearance in this chapter is Lauren from MBLAQ hello baby.^^