Demons part 2

Dark Side

“And then the other guy said that’s not my banana, it’s your apple!” Sungyeol finished his joke with wide eyes. Dongwoo burst out laughing, while Sungjong just sighed.

 “Hyung…that didn’t even make sense.” Sungjong said, straight faced.

“Well you’re…you’re…a poo-head!” Sungyeol frowned not being able to come up with anything, remotely intelligent. Dongwoo laughed hilariously, while Sungjong shook his head in disgust, when he spotted Sunggyu walking into the building.

“Ah Sunggyu hyung!” Sungjong greeted. “Did you manage to find Woohyun hyung’s house?”

“Yeah, thanks for helping me out with that.” The older male said.

“So? What was he doing?” Sungyeol asked.

“Uh…well—.”

“Sunggyu hyung!” Woohyun burst through the doors. When he spotted Sunggyu, he ran towards him. “Hyung, I need to talk to you! It’s really important!” He grabbed onto Sunggyu’s wrist and was trying to pull him into his office, but Sunggyu resisted.

“I don’t really want to talk with you.” Sunggyu sighed.

“Please hyung!” Woohyun urged.

“Honestly, can we just not talk if we don’t have to?” Sunggyu asked. “I mean if it’s about work, than I’ll listen, but if not…”

“Ok, whatever!” Woohyun shoved Sunggyu into his office and shut the door and locked it. “But this can’t wait.”

“Fine, what is it?”

“You have to leave town. Like right now.”

“What? Why?”

“It’s just…it’s hard to explain, but you’re in danger. Someone wants you dead.”

“How do you know that?” Sunggyu asked, clearly suspicious, as he watched Woohyun rustle through a chest that was on his desk. He pulled out different types of potions and some weapons. Sunggyu noticed his lower arm was bandaged.

“I’m sorry, it’s my fault…and I can’t really explain anything for now, but you have to leave. It’ll be here any second!” Woohyun exclaimed, frantically shoving the items from the chest into a tote bag. He unlocked the door, dragging Sunggyu out of the police station.

“Wait! I’m not just going to…” They both halted, when they spotted the bathrobe wearing girl, except this time she was wearing a lacy pastel pink bubble dress that went to her knees.

“Ah we meet again.” She smiled innocently at Sunggyu. “Wow I guess you and Woohyun really are close.”

“Not really.” Sunggyu shoved off Woohyun’s grip. “I’ll just leave you two to it then…”

“Wait hyung!” Woohyun begged grabbing onto Sunggyu’s arm.

“Why are you holding onto me when you’re girlfriend’s right there you idiot.” Sunggyu sighed and tried to shake off Woohyun.

“Stupid! That’s not my girlfriend!” Woohyun yelled. “It’s—!”

“Ok fine, your lover or whatever! Honestly I don’t give a flying—.”

“Hyung! Please just listen to me!” Woohyun begged. Sunggyu was about to respond, when the girl started giggling.

“Wow…I didn’t think Woohyun could get any more pathetic…” She smirked. “And you…” She eyed Sunggyu. “Are you oblivious? Or are you just that cruel?”

“What…What are you talking about?” Sunggyu asked, alarmed by the girl’s words.

“Or maybe a bit of both?” She chuckled. “Well I guess your father was like that too, so—.”

“Who the hell are you?!” Sunggyu exploded at the mention of his father. “How do you know my father?”

“And your poor mother…she has no luck with men does she?” The girl continued. “First her sick father, then her lousy husband, and now her loser son…aww so sad.” Sunggyu clenched his fists in anger.

“Who is this girl?” He asked Woohyun.

“That’s not a girl. It’s a demon.” Woohyun said in a low voice. “My demon…”

“…What do you mean your demon?” Sunggyu asked.

“He means that I belong to him and he belongs to me~” The demon swung her arms around Woohyun. “We’re just like a couple…except we don’t love each other, we hate each other.” She wrapped her hands around his throat, “He’s pretty disgusting isn’t he?” She said to Sunggyu, while she choked Woohyun. “This pathetic little…”

Sunggyu walked up to her and kicked her in the gut. She fell backwards onto the cement from the impact, coughing hard. Woohyun stared from Sunggyu to the demon with wide eyes. “What was that?!” She gasped. He knelt down beside her, a smirk on his face.

“If you hate him so much, don’t you think you should let someone else have him?”

“Someone else?” She choked, “Like who? You?” Sunggyu shrugged coolly.

“I’m pretty sure I hate him a little less than you so…”

“Oh really?” The demon sneered.

“I don’t think he’s disgusting or pathetic.” Sunggyu stated. Woohyun just watched in awe, as Sunggyu calmly conversed with the demon.

“Then obviously you don’t know him at all…” The demon dusted off her dress and stood face to face with Sunggyu. “Do you even know what that piece of trash is like?” She pointed at Woohyun. “What happened to his family? Or why he lives in that dump of a house? Do you even know?” Sunggyu didn’t know what to say, because he had no idea about those things. “Or how about why he latches onto you like a pathetic dog? You know what he was like as a kid? He was a fat ugly stump! Even his own parents got sick of him. That’s why they—.”

“Shut up.” Woohyun cut off the demon.

“Or what? You’re going to exorcise me?” She snickered. “Go ahead…just like you did to the rest of my family.”

“You’ve held me responsible for that for too long!” Woohyun said. “It was your family that did evil things! I had to exorcise them! But I still felt guilty…felt bad for you because you didn’t have anyone and you were so young. That’s the only reason I’ve put up with your for so long.”

“Oh please.” The demon scoffed. “You put up with it because you knew you didn’t deserve better. That if I wasn’t around, you’d be completely alone.”

“I don’t care anymore!” Woohyun shouted. “I’d rather be alone then let you keep hurting people that I’m too scared to admit I care about!” He reached into the tote bag he was holding and pulled out a piece of rectangular red paper with some strange symbols on it, a seal.

“No! You can’t seriously be…” The demon’s eyes went wide.

“Hyung stay back!” Woohyun told Sunggyu and pushed the older male behind him. Woohyun raced after the demon, when she tried to make a run for it and tackled her to the ground. She clawed at him desperately, until he smacked the red paper onto her forehead. Her body froze. Woohyun dragged her motionless body behind the building. Sunggyu ran after them, hiding around the corner, as Woohyun threw the demon’s body down and knelt on the ground.

"You’ll regret this!” She shouted. “You’ll be alone in that huge creepy mansion!” Woohyun ignored her and stabbed his finger, then began to make a blood seal on the concrete. “That small eyed man…you think he’ll stay with you?” Woohyun paused.

Sunggyu blinked. “Small eyed…does she mean me?”

“He’ll leave you just like everyone else.” Woohyun took a deep breath as he continued. “Hey didn’t you hear me?! I said—!”

“I know!” Woohyun yelled back. “And he won’t leave, because I won’t let him! I’ll make myself into someone who other people don’t want to leave! And I’ll do it all without you!” As he finished the seal, it began to glow. He picked up the demon and threw her onto the markings.

“This is not over!” She yelled, as she began disintegrating. “You're always going to be alone Nam Woohyun! Always!” At that she was gone. The light died away, and the blood erased itself.

Woohyun fell to his knees, panting. Sunggyu came out from around the corner. Woohyun looked up, he had dark circles under his watery red eyes, but he was smiling.

“Hyung!” He grinned. “I did it...I…” His eyes were heavy and his head hurt from all the stress.

“Yeah…you did it Woohyun.” Sunggyu knelt down next to him and patted him on the head. Woohyun collapsed into Sunggyu’s lap, and looked up at him with a grin.

“That’s the first time…”

“Hm?”

“…The first time you called me by my name.” Sunggyu looked down at him surprised that he was even keeping track of such a thing.

“Really?”

Woohyun closed his eyes. “Yeah…It’s nice…”

♦♦♦

“Do you think he likes soup? Is there any foods he doesn’t like?”

“I don’t know mom. But be a little quieter. He should rest for longer.”

“Aw, he’s so cute. Is he really the same person who took on those zombies with a kitchen knife?”

“Yes Noona…now be quiet and let him sleep.”

Woohyun’s eyes fluttered open, as he awoke. The first thing he saw was Sunggyu looking down at him.

“Where…?” He slowly sat up.

“Morning sleepy head.” Sunggyu grinned and was about to sit beside Woohyun on the couch, when a woman a few years older than Sunggyu shoved him off the couch and sat next to Woohyun. Another older woman sat on his other side.

“How’re you doing sweetie? Are you feeling better?” The older woman asked and his hair, gently.

“Um…y-yes…” Woohyun looked at both women, clearly confused.

“What the hell Noona?” Sunggyu groaned, as he stood up.

“Hyung,” Woohyun blinked, “this is…”

“My house.” Sunggyu said. “This is my mom and sister, who were just leaving.”

“Aw…” They both frowned and got up.

“Remember the soup’s on the stove.” Mrs. Kim reminded Sunggyu. “C’mon dear I’ll drop you at your house. It’s on my way to work anyway.” Mrs. Kim said to her daughter.

“I guess I don’t have a choice.” She shrugged. “Bye Woohyun.” She smiled at him. After they had left, Sunggyu sat beside Woohyun on the couch.

“You feeling ok?”

“Yeah...thanks. How long was I out for?”

“You pretty much slept for a whole day, since it’s about noon now.” Sunggyu answered. “You must be hungry. Want some soup?”

“You made soup for me?” Woohyun asked, excitedly.

“Actually my mom made it…” Sunggyu replied sheepishly. “If I made it, you would probably get sick.”

“You’re can’t be that bad.” Woohyun laughed.

“No, trust me…I am.” Sunggyu assured him as he handed him a steaming bowl of soup.

“You know…if you’d like, maybe I could help you.”

“You can cook?” Sunggyu asked.

“Yeah…kind of.”

“But how come your kitchen was all…ah never mind. Sorry.” Sunggyu paused.

“Its ok.” Woohyun replied. “You’re probably wondering how I live in such a place.”

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to…” Sunggyu said. Woohyun nodded.

They were silent for a while.

“So you’re really not going to tell me?” Sunggyu asked finally, becoming impatient.

“But you just said I didn’t have to if I didn’t want to.”

“Well yeah…but I thought that would make you want to tell me.” Sunggyu sighed. “Oh well…you can tell me some other time I guess. It’s not like I’m going anywhere anyways…” Woohyun gave him a surprised look. Sunggyu rubbed the back of his head awkwardly, “You’re the one who said you won’t let me leave you…or something embarrassing like that…isn’t it?”

Woohyun smiled brightly. “You heard that?”

“Yeah…”

“And you still let me into your house and let me meet your family?”

“So…?”

Woohyun shrugged. “I don’t know. A normal person would think I’m a stalker or something wouldn’t they?”

Sunggyu gave him an amused look. “Well I guess I’m not a normal person then.”

“No you’re not. And I like you better that way.” Woohyun grinned and wrapped his arms around Sunggyu’s waist.

“H-hey!” Sunggyu blushed. “What’re you doing?”

“Don’t you remember? I said I won’t let you leave. Now you’re mine hyung.”

“Oh God...” Sunggyu sighed. “What did I get myself into?”

[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]

Thanks so much to those who subscribed and/or commented! You guys made me so happy <3

This chapter was super short, but the next will be much longer. Oh and also Myungsoo and Hoya will show up soon too^^