The Past part 1

Dark Side

“So what exactly are we going to do?” Sunggyu asked, as he stopped the car at a red light.

“We’re going to clean up the lake near the forest.” Woohyun explained. “Apparently some sea mutants and werewolves got into a fight last night. There’s slime and blood everywhere.”

“Oh…are they ok?” Sunggyu asked. “The mutants and werewolves I mean.”

Woohyun grinned. “You’ve really become a true SC officer.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Being an SC officer means you actually care about supernatural creatures.” Woohyun said. “You don’t just see them as vicious monsters, but as living creatures… well unless they belong in the undead category, but you get what I mean.” Sunggyu nodded in response.

“This is going to be a dirty job isn’t it?”

“Yeah, probably.” Woohyun said. “Usually Sungyeol or Sungjong take these kinds of jobs, but its Sungyeol’s day off, and Sungjong’s busy with another job, so we were kind of forced to take it.”

“Oh…so that’s why. I was wondering why the top SC officer, Nam Woohyun was being made to do something like this.” Sunggyu said in a mocking tone, as he parked the car near the front of the forest’s entrance.

Woohyun laughed uncomfortably, and pulled at his sleeves. Sunggyu turned off the car and turned to Woohyun.

“But why are you wearing those clothes?” Sunggyu gestured to the thick down jacket Woohyun was sporting. Underneath he had a fitted shirt and over it a cardigan. He completed the look with dark skinny jeans. “Won’t it be uncomfortable to move around in those?” Sunggyu asked. “Plus it’s not that cold…”

Woohyun looked down at his clothes, and tugged his jacket closer to his body. “No, it’s fine hyung.”

Sunggyu frowned. “But those don’t look like clothes you’ll want to get dirty…” Woohyun didn’t say anything. “Come to think of it…he’s always wearing layers like that…” Sunggyu thought to himself. “Well lucky for you I brought some extra clothes…” Sunggyu said and got out of the car. He opened the back door, and handed Woohyun a loose gray t-shirt and black sweatpants. “Here, change into these.”

Woohyun eyed the clothes and nodded. “No hyung…it’s ok really. I’ll be fine—.”

“Just put them on!” Sunggyu commanded, and shoved the clothes towards Woohyun.

“I don’t want to!” Woohyun pushed them back towards Sunggyu.

“Seriously…why are you being like this?” Sunggyu groaned. “What’s wrong with these clothes?”

“I…I just don’t want them…” Woohyun kicked at the dirt. He turned to leave, but Sunggyu grabbed his arm.

“Just put the clothes on so we can go!” Sunggyu shouted. Woohyun shoved him away, and grabbed the clothes and threw them back into the car.

“I don’t want them!”

“Why not?!” Sunggyu yelled. “I know these aren’t all stylish or whatever, but guess what?! We’re cleaning a lake! This isn’t a runway Woohyun! So just change into these so we can finish this job and go home!” Woohyun refused to look at him, and just stared at the ground. Sunggyu tugged at his arm. “Ya! Are you listening?! Woohyun—.”

“Shut up!” Woohyun pushed Sunggyu away, causing the older male to fall backwards onto the gravelly ground. “Y-You don’t know anything so just shut up!” Sunggyu stared up at him. He could feel the anger rising in his chest. He pushed himself up off the ground, and grabbed Woohyun by the collar.

“And who’s fault is that?!” He shouted. “I’ve been trying! I’m trying so hard, but you won’t tell me a damn thing! It’s not like I enjoy not knowing anything!” Sunggyu’s voice was loud and hoarse, but in his expression, there was desperation, and pleading. “Woohyun…” Sunggyu’s voice softened. “Didn’t you say you were going to try trusting me? Was that…was that a lie?” Woohyun forced himself to look away. He removed Sunggyu’s hands from his collar, and turned away. Sunggyu watched him walk a few steps.

“Ya! Where are you going?” Woohyun didn’t respond and kept walking. Sunggyu followed after him. “Stop walking away!”

“Stop following me hyung!” Woohyun yelled without turning around.

“No!” Sunggyu shouted when Woohyun suddenly burst into a sprint, and dashed into the woods. Sunggyu ran after him. “Hey Woohyun! Damn it! What the hell are you doing?!” He managed to chase Woohyun all the way to the river. Woohyun ran to the river’s edge, and paused. “What’re you doing you idiot?!” Sunggyu panted, and bent over resting his palms on his knees. “Don’t you dare move from that spot! Because I’m coming over there to—!”

“Hyung…” Woohyun murmured, staring at his own reflection in the water. “Why are you doing this?”

“Huh?” Sunggyu asked, still struggling to catch his breath. “What’re you talking about?”

“I keep running away…and you keep following after me.”

“That’s because you suddenly started running like that…”

“Why?” Woohyun clenched his fists. “Why is it me?”

Sunggyu knelt down beside him. “Woohyun, what are you—?”

“I don’t understand!” Woohyun turned to face Sunggyu. “Why do you keep bothering with me?!”

Sunggyu blinked. “Well that’s…something I don’t really know either.”

“I…” Woohyun swallowed. “I’m scared hyung.”

“Of what?”

“Of you…” Woohyun said. “I don’t understand why you’re still here. You haven’t left yet…and I feel like if I do or say something stupid, it’ll be reason enough for you to leave.”

Sunggyu snorted. “God you’re dumb.”

Woohyun looked up at him and frowned. “I’m serious hyung!”

“You say and do stupid things everyday, and I’m still here so I think that ship has sailed.”

“You’re so weird.” Woohyun said.

“I’m weird?” Sunggyu scoffed. “You just sprinted through the forest like a mad man and you’re calling me weird?” Woohyun didn’t say anything and gazed into the murky river. Sunggyu sighed and adjusted his bangs, feeling uncomfortable. “Look….” He began, “I don’t really get it either. I mean I’m not usually like this…most of the time I don’t really bother with other people and their problems, but with you…” Woohyun looked up, meeting Sunggyu’s gaze. “Y-you make me feel needed…ah I-I can’t believe you made me say that!” Sunggyu buried his face in his hands in embarrassment.

Woohyun just stared at him, and then reached out for Sunggyu’s hands, pulling them away from Sunggyu’s face.

“Hyung…”

“Do you get it now?” Sunggyu blushed. “I’m not that nice of a person that I would be with you just to make you feel better.” Woohyun smiled and looked down at Sunggyu’s hands, which he was still holding.

“Hyung…can I still borrow those clothes?” Woohyun asked. “We still have to clean up this lake don’t we?”

♦♦♦

As they made it back to the car, Woohyun was trailing behind Sunggyu, with his gaze serious.

“What’s wrong?” Sunggyu asked, as he opened the back door of the car. Woohyun peeled off his down jacket and placed it in the car trunk. He took a deep breath and started ing his cardigan. Sunggyu felt a little awkward standing there, while Woohyun undressed, so he turned around.

“I’ll just be over there then—.”

“Wait hyung.” Woohyun stopped him. “I...I need to show you something.” Sunggyu turned around suspiciously, extremely confused as to what Woohyun could want to “show him.”

Woohyun slid off his cardigan hesitantly. “Hyung…this is the reason I didn’t want to wear your clothes…” He pulled up his t shirt, revealing his abs. Sunggyu just looked at him, and tilted his head.

“…I don’t get it.”

Woohyun frowned. “The scars hyung!” He pointed to the dark red lines across his forearms and the scars across his rib cage and abs.

“So…?”

“So they’re ugly!” Woohyun shouted, bitterly. “And if I wore a short sleeved shirt, you would see them!”

“But I don’t think they’re ugly though.” Sunggyu commented, casually.

“What?” Woohyun breathed, staring at Sunggyu in shock.

“Is that the reason you always wear long sleeves?” Sunggyu asked, and grabbed Woohyun’s wrist. He paused and looked at Woohyun with a serious expression. “Woohyun…you didn’t…you didn’t do this…did you?” Woohyun remained silent and looked away. Sunggyu looked at him, patiently waiting for an answer.

“…Some of them…” Woohyun mumbled, the words coming out as nothing more than a whisper. Sunggyu took Woohyun’s hand and led him to the back seat of the car. They both sat down, and said nothing for a few minutes.

Woohyun’s heart sank, when he heard Sunggyu sigh loudly. "This is it," Woohyun thought. "He probably thinks it’s too much. That he can’t handle this. That he doesn’t want to…he’s going to leave—."

“Woohyun,” Sunggyu interrupted Woohyun’s thoughts. “I…I’ll tell you a secret.”

Woohyun looked up at him. “I mean I know it’s not easy to just spill your guts…but maybe if I share first it’ll make it easier.” Sunggyu smiled slightly, and squeezed Woohyun’s hand.

“Hyung…” Woohyun’s eyes began to water.

“Jeez don’t cry yet. I haven’t even told you my story yet.” Sunggyu chuckled. “You’ll listen right?” Woohyun nodded willingly. Sunggyu nodded, then looked in front of him and took a short breath. “It all started when I was thirteen …”

[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]

I forgot to say this last time, but thank you for 50+ subscribers! ^_^

Did anyone see Sunggyu's performance on Inkigayo? That shirt...*dies*