Stronger part 3

Dark Side

“Hyung…” Woohyun mumbled drunkenly as Sunggyu helped him out of the backseat of the car.

“Hm?”

“I’m…sorry…” Woohyun’s head drooped, as he leaned on Sunggyu for support.

“For what?” Sunggyu sighed, as he attempted to get his keys from his pocket.

“For the dreams…”

“What’s wrong with having dreams?” Sunggyu pushed the key in the lock. “You’re a human being aren’t you?”

Woohyun let Sunggyu drag him into the living room, and lay him down on the couch. “You’re always in them…” Woohyun murmured, as Sunggyu draped a blanket over him.

Sunggyu paused. “…Me?” Woohyun grabbed onto Sunggyu’s arm, and pulled him closer.

“Hyung…”

“W-What?” Sunggyu had that familiar uncomfortable feeling that made his heart thump, whenever Woohyun gave him that look.

“I want to be with you hyung.”

Sunggyu nodded awkwardly, as he tucked Woohyun in. “Go to sleep.”

“But…I don’t think its right…” Woohyun mumbled, his eyes half open, still gripping onto Sunggyu’s arm. “To want to be with you like this…to want you like this…”

Sunggyu gulped pulling Woohyun’s hand off his sleeve. He stood up and turned around to take a deep breath, thinking of how to respond. He turned back around to face Woohyun, but he was already fast asleep.

Sunggyu sighed softly, and walked towards the couch, sinking to the ground, and just sitting there, staring at Woohyun’s sleeping face.

He sighed, as he ran his fingers through Woohyun’s hair. “What am I supposed to do with you?”

♦♦♦

Sungyeol woke up the next morning, with Myungsoo sleeping right beside him. This wasn’t anything new for them since they usually fell asleep together on Sungyeol’s couch after their movie marathons. Myungsoo was already awake, and he was staring straight into Sungyeol’s eyes.

“Morning…” Myungsoo smiled. Sungyeol blinked for a moment, before sitting up.

“Did you get any sleep?” He asked.

“No…”

“Me neither…” Sungyeol sighed. “What time is your dad coming home?”

“He’s already home…” Myungsoo replied with a calm expression.

“W-What?” Sungyeol gasped.

“Yeah he’s downstairs…”

“Are you kidding me right now?!” Sungyeol shot up, his eyes darting to and fro. “I have to hide or—.”

“Let’s tell him now.”

“What? But—!”

“Sungyeol…” Myungsoo gripped onto the other's hand. “I’m ready to tell him…”

Sungyeol could feel Myungsoo’s hand tremble slightly before squeezing his own harder.

He took a deep breath and then nodded. “Ok.”

♦♦♦

They made their way downstairs, and could hear Mr. Kim talking on the phone.

Sungyeol stopped in his tracks, grabbing Myungsoo’s arm. “Is your dad…laughing?”

“It must be his girlfriend…” Myungsoo mumbled.

“…Oh.” Sungyeol nodded, not willing to delve into the head of the hunters’ love life.

“But this is good. It means he’ll be in a good mood.” Myungsoo explained. “You wait here, and I’ll go talk to him first.” Sungyeol nodded in agreement, and waited at the top of the stairs, as Myungsoo made his way into the kitchen. He didn’t make eye contact with his father, and quietly opened the fridge, when Mr. Kim hung up on the phone.

“You’re finally up.” He noted, taking a sip of his coffee.

“Uh…yes.” Myungsoo replied, folding his hands behind his back.

“We have a full schedule today.” Mr. Kim stated. “There were some vampires spotted sleeping in an alley behind the market. We should get rid of them before those savages poison the produce.”

Myungsoo looked away, biting his lip. He knew his father was baiting him, just waiting for him to protest. To tell him that vampires weren’t savages—that maybe they had their own harmless reasons for sleeping outside the market. On any other day, Myungsoo might have taken the bait, and welcomed another beating.

But not today.

Today he had Sungyeol with him, and that made the fears he had not seem so scary anymore. It made him want to feel like he deserved better.

“Sir…” Myungsoo began, looking up to face his father. “I need to talk to you.”

Mr. Kim snorted. “Do you want to hold hands and braid each other’s hair as well?”

“No. I just want to talk.” Myungsoo refused to weaken his stance. “There’re some things I need to tell you.”

“Fine.” Mr. Kim rolled his eyes. “Make it quick. I have a busy day.”

Myungsoo took a deep breath, “Why…Why do you hate me so much?” Mr. Kim’s eyes widened slightly before returning to their usual stiff glare.

“If that’s all…” He stood up, turning to leave.

“What did I do?” Myungsoo pressed on, his voice shaky. “Is it because I’m different? Because I’m not like you?” Mr. Kim didn’t say anything, and stood up to put his coffee mug in the sink. “I never wanted to be a disappointment to you dad…but I…I’m not like you. I can’t be you, and I don’t understand why you can’t just be ok with that.”

“Shut up...” Mr. Kim muttered.

But Myungsoo couldn’t stop now. He was finally getting to say everything he had always held inside. “Is it because you can’t deal with your own , so you take it out on me?”

“I said shut up!”

“I’m friends with Lee Sungyeol!” Myungsoo blurted out.

Mr. Kim paused. “W-What…?”

“I’m friends with him…I like—no I love him.” Myungsoo admitted, his heart was beating like crazy, but he didn’t care. He felt so relieved that he could finally tell his father the truth.

Mr. Kim slammed a dish into the sink, causing Myungsoo to back away slightly. His father turned to face him, eyes glistening with anger and something else that Myungsoo couldn’t quite identify.

“So what? Are you saying you’re a homo?” Mr. Kim questioned, slowly walking towards Myungsoo, who backed away fearfully.

“Y-Yes…” Myungsoo piped up, his hands shaking with fear, as he backed up against the wall. “I-I love him and I—.” Suddenly Mr. Kim punched the space on the wall right beside Myungsoo’s face. Myungsoo squeezed his eyes shut, but then opened them when he heard his father chuckle.

“That filthy must have tainted your mind.” Mr. Kim scoffed. “What kind of disgusting joke is that? Do you think like that is funny?” Mr. Kim grabbed onto the collar of Myungsoo’s shirt. “Maybe I ought to show you how funny I thought it was—!”

“Wait! Stop!” Sungyeol appeared in the door way, garnering Mr. Kim and Myungsoo’s attention.

“You!” Mr. Kim exploded the moment he laid eyes on the other boy. “What the hell are you doing in my house?!”

“I’m sorry!” Sungyeol bowed ninety degrees.

“Sorry? You’re sorry?!” Mr. Kim shouted and charged towards him. “You little—!”

“It’s my fault! Everything is my fault!” Sungyeol exclaimed putting his hands up in defense.

“No, Sungyeol…” Myungsoo shook his head. Sungyeol sent him an assuring glance, before facing Mr. Kim again.

“So please don’t hurt Myungsoo!” Sungyeol requested, in a stern voice. “He didn’t do anything wrong. He’s a good person and he doesn’t deserve to be treated this way!”

“Who the hell are you to tell me how to parent my own son?!” Mr. Kim roared, making a grab for Sungyeol who barely managed to dodge it and ran to hide in the corner behind the dining table.

“I’m his best friend!” Sungyeol shouted from behind the table. “And I know enough to know you’re not a nice person!” Sungyeol pointed a finger at Mr. Kim, which only managed to piss the older man off even more.

“You!” Mr. Kim glared at Sungyeol, clearly frustrated. “Stop hiding! It’s pathetic and annoying!”

“What’s wrong old man? Too slow?” Sungyeol jeered.

“Come here and face me like a man you piece of !”

“What good will that do?” Sungyeol frowned. “I’ll just get beat up. I’m smart enough to realize that.”

Mr. Kim slammed his hands on the table. “There’s only one way to settle this like men.”

“Do we really have to?” Sungyeol interrupted. “I’d rather settle this like cute cuddly kitty cats.”

Mr. Kim bit back his anger and continued. “Face me in a duel.”

“A duel?” Sungyeol blinked.

Myungsoo shook his head immediately. “No. Sungyeol don’t—!”

“I’ll do it!” Sungyeol announced. “But…what kind of duel? Like are we talking rock paper scissors or—.”

“A fight.” Mr. Kim stated. “No weapons. Just our fists. The first one to be knocked unconscious is the loser.”

“Oh…” Sungyeol bit his lip nervously. He realized he was no match against the head of the hunters, but how could he say no at this point?

“I’ll give you a week to prepare.” Mr. Kim said, and then gave Sungyeol a once over. “God knows you’ll need it to last even two seconds with me.”

♦♦♦

That evening Sungyeol and Myungsoo sat in Sungyeol’s living room in silence.

“So I’m going to face your father I guess…” Sungyeol laughed nervously.

“Just back out.” Myungsoo replied. “You don’t have to do this.”

“But I want to…” Sungyeol turned to Myungsoo. “I mean it’s not like I want to get my kicked! But if it’s for you…” Myungsoo suddenly tackled Sungyeol onto the couch. “W-What’re you doing?!” Sungyeol gasped.

Myungsoo stared into Sungyeol’s eyes and he had a warm smile on his face. “Sungyeol…”

“W-What?” Sungyeol blushed as Myungsoo leaned in and nuzzled his nose into the choding’s neck. “S-Stop it!” Sungyeol burst out laughing. “That tickles!”

Myungsoo wrapped his arms around Sungyeol’s waist, and sighed contentedly after Sungyeol’s laughter had died down. They stayed in that position for a few minutes, just enjoying each other’s warmth.

“What are we going to do?” Myungsoo finally asked, still leaning his head on Sungyeol’s shoulder.

“I don’t know…” Sungyeol sighed. “I guess I should start working out or something…”

“I can help you prepare.” Myungsoo offered. “But, fighting isn’t my specialty.”

“Actually…” Sungyeol sat up. “I think I know someone who can help me!”

“Really?”

“Yeah!” Sungyeol nodded eagerly, and then grabbed his phone off the table to check the time. It was already past midnight. “I’ll call him tomorrow.”

[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]

Time goes by so slow in this story...It takes like three chapters for one night to pass OTL

Thanks for commenting, subscribing, and upvoting <3