Stronger part 2

Dark Side

Hoya watched Dongwoo rub up against random ty strangers on the dance floor for the past hour. Usually Hoya would be right there with him, grinding like there was no tomorrow, but he just didn’t feel like it. He told himself he really shouldn’t be surprised that Dongwoo seriously believed his purple teletubby cardboard cutout confession story. But it still bothered him that Dongwoo didn’t remember anything that really happened that night.

♦♦♦

Myungsoo and Sungyeol joined Moonsoo at the dining table for pizza that evening.

Moonsoo kept staring at both Sungyeol and Myungsoo, completely enthralled.

“S-so….” Sungyeol began, feeling suffocated under the awkward atmosphere.

“I always knew you were gay hyung.” Moonsoo said to his brother, with an approving nod.

“I’m not gay.”

“What? But then how come you were—.”

“I’m Sungyeol-ual.” Myungsoo replied calmly, causing Sungyeol to choke on his pizza. Myungsoo handed him a can of soda, and patted his back soothingly.

“A-anyways…” Sungyeol cleared his throat, after taking a sip of coke. “When’s your dad coming home?”

“Tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow?!”

“Yeah…” Myungsoo nodded. “You can stay over if you want.”

“Wait but…” Sungyeol gave Myungsoo a wary look.

“If you stay over for the night, you can give me pep talks and help me prepare.” Myungsoo explained.

“Ah you’re right!” Sungyeol pointed a finger at him. “I didn’t even think about that! We obviously have to prepare the stuff that we’re going to tell him!”

Meanwhile, Moonsoo just watched their discussion, completely clueless.

♦♦♦

Woohyun had one too many drinks, and had to lean on both Sunggyu and Boohyun for support as they carried him out of the club and towards the car.

“I’m a police officer!” Woohyun exclaimed drunkenly. “An officer of the law!”

“Yes…yes.” Sunggyu sighed, as he lay Woohyun down on the backseat, while Boohyun waited outside the car. Woohyun grabbed Sunggyu’s collar before he could move away. “Woohyun…”

“Hyung you’re under arrest!”

“For what?” Sunggyu decided to play along.

“For Stealing!”

Sunggyu raised an eyebrow. “Stealing? What did I steal?”

Woohyun grinned lazily, as he pulled Sunggyu closer so he could whisper in his ear. “You stole my heart.” Sunggyu immediately pushed Woohyun down, and got out of the car, turning away from Boohyun.

“What’s wrong?” Boohyun asked.

“N-Nothing…” Sunggyu coughed, too embarrassed to face him. “L-Let’s go…”

♦♦♦

“So where should I drop you off?” Sunggyu asked Boohyun, as he made a right turn.

“At the airport.” Boohyun replied.

“The airport? You’re leaving now?”

“Yeah…” Boohyun sighed. “You know I only came to check up on Woohyun, and to see if he finally wanted to come to Japan with me. It’s obvious he doesn’t so…”

“But don’t you want to say goodbye to him?” Sunggyu asked. “I mean he out cold now but…”

“My flight’s in a couple of hours.” Boohyun said. “And besides…he won’t miss me. Ever since we were little, he always been like that. He never wanted to listen to me. Since we lost our parents when he was little…I became his father figure, but I kind of at it.” Boohyun admitted. “He used to be such a cute kid, but now look at him. He’s got all these serious issues, and I don’t know how to deal with them. I know I shouldn’t be treating him like a small kid anymore, but sometimes I think if I do that…that maybe things will go back to how they were before everything got so complicated.”

Sunggyu stopped at a red light. “It’s not that complicated.”

Boohyun sent Sunggyu a questioning look. “What do you mean?”

“I don’t really know about serious issues….but the main reason Woohyun’s like that…its not complicated.” Sunggyu stated. “He’s lonely.”

“Lonely?”

“Yeah…like most people…he needs to know that there’s someone out there who genuinely cares about him.” Sunggyu explained. “And when you treat him like a child and belittle him, he probably feels like you don’t really care about what he thinks or says.” Boohyun mulled over this, as Sunggyu drove.

“You…” He finally spoke. “I didn’t know what to think of you at first, but you seem to make Woohyun happy.”

Sunggyu bit his lip, feeling awkward at being complimented.

“But then I saw you in bed with my innocent baby brother!” Boohyun’s tone turned hostile in an instant.

Sunggyu sighed. “That wasn’t even my fault! Your innocent baby brother is not as pure as you think he is.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Boohyun gasped. “What’d he do?!”

Sunggyu’s cleared his throat, not willing to relive the grease filled memories.

“A-Anyways…the point is, he’s not a little kid anymore…”

Boohyun eyed him suspiciously. “Wait…did he do something to you?”

“W-What?”

“Did my innocent baby brother Nam Woohyun put the moves on you?”

“Put the moves—what the hell does that even mean?!” Sunggyu shot him an annoyed look.

“Oh god…my brother is gay.” Boohyun sighed.

“He’s probably leaning more towards biual…” Sunggyu muttered more to himself.

“Bi—what?” Boohyun frowned. “What’s that?”

“Oh look we’re at the airport.” Sunggyu announced, glad to be over with that incredibly awkward conversation.

♦♦♦

Sungeyol walked into Myungsoo’s bedroom, with two mugs of coffee. “Hey guess what I made~”

He paused, when he saw Myungsoo wrapped up in his black blanket, lying in the fetal position, with a glazed over expression. Sungyeol placed the cups on the nightstand and knelt down beside Myungsoo’s bed, so he was at eye level with the younger man. He reached out and tenderly patted Myungsoo’s cheek. “How’re you holding up?”

“Yeollie…”

“What?” Sungyeol asked, as Myungsoo covered his face with his blanket. Sungyeol sighed and shoved Myungsoo over, so he could lie next to him on the bed.

“I don’t want to tell him…” Myungsoo admitted, turning on his side to look at the other.

“Yes you do.” Sungyeol replied, staring up at the ceiling.

“Fine I do…but I’m…I’m scared.”

“I know you are.” Sungyeol turned his head to meet Myungsoo’s gaze. “So am I.”

“But…” Myungsoo sat up, “He’s my father. My dad. How am I supposed to tell him that I…that I disappointed him?”

Sungyeol sat up as well, grabbing Myungsoo’s shoulders. “You’re not a disappointment ok? If he thinks that then he—.”

“He’s my dad Sungyeol.” Myungsoo stated.

“Right…sorry.” Sungyeol retracted his hands, and instead folded them uncomfortably in his lap. “I just…I hate it. I hate seeing you get hurt.” Myungsoo smiled softly. “Ok…how about you think about the things you want to let your dad know. Like your feelings and stuff.” Sungyeol suggested.

“Hm…” Myungsoo contemplated the choding’s words. “Well…I’ve always wanted to ask him something.”

“Ok, what is it?”

“I want to ask…” Myungsoo glanced down at his hands, biting his lip. “Why he doesn’t like me…”

[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]

The whole point of this short chapter was to get rid of Boohyun...that's all.

Thanks for commenting/subscribing/reading <3